PDA

View Full Version : Feedback on hopper for MR-1

raven14
08-10-2008, 04:24 PM
I saw a hopper on ebay and was not familiar with it. Its the Archon/ZAP Paintball Hopper. Wasn't sure if anyone had any feedback on it. I have a semi-auto MR-1 and was looking to get an electronic hopper (having some problems with chops and jams) to hopefully solve the problem. Saw this and was curious if it was worth a shot.

noobnomore
08-10-2008, 05:01 PM
from what i have heard they are ok my friend had one and he hated it i would suggest if you are willling to spend a little bit of money go for a halo or a eggy hopper they work great

SupaSnipa
08-10-2008, 05:24 PM
Yeah, someone on here wrote a review on one a while back I think. I believe they gave it a thumbs down. From what Ive heard, they arent very good

Zee
08-10-2008, 06:21 PM
I have the grav version of the Archon and it works great...well, better than a VL anyway. As for electric, I dunno how they are really.

raven14
08-11-2008, 12:57 PM
its the grav feed one i was looking at. the way they advertise it, it seems interesting the way it feeds from two different directions and the design it has to help with blow back. was not sure if this was really true or some marketing ploy. so i was basically was wanting to determine if it lives up to the ad. Here's the link to the ad: http://cgi.ebay.com/Archon-ZAP-Paintball-Hopper-200-round-12-BPS-LOADER-NEW_W0QQitemZ140257171702QQihZ004QQcategoryZ71157Q QssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Zee
08-11-2008, 01:01 PM
Well its a good hopper but it still cant compete with electric agitators. You dont have the do the old shake n rattle in the middle of a fight because of the dual feeding but as for BPS..its not much more than a VL. I'd reccomend it since its so cheap and because of my style of play. I'd say buy it, try it and if you dont like it, its a decent backup.

raven14
08-11-2008, 06:12 PM
Thanks for the feedback. I did a search on this site and found some older threads on this product. Think I may just go with a VL revvy. I am having some problems with balls jamming halfway between the feedneck and the bolt which I suspect has to do with the balls not dropping fast enough (using a grav feed hopper).