PDA

View Full Version : Need some help with Xtra problems

Salzy
08-10-2008, 08:51 AM
Hi, I'm new to these forums and I came here looking for some help in fixing my Xtra paintball marker. I haven't paintballed in a few years now and am looking to sell my gun. However, it leaks CO2 whenever I attach the canister and I don't want to sell it when it's not in working order.

I had the same problem a long time ago and was able to fix it after talking with a technician on the phone. I've pulled the gun completely apart 4 or 5 times now and can't seem to find the problem. The CO2 seems to leak from somewhere around the tube/valves coming from the grip. (sorry, I don't know any of the actual part names or anything)

Can anyone help me to solve this problem? Links or anything? Some of the links in this Xtra forum didn't lead me anywhere or wouldn't work. To be honest, I'd rather not do it myself and have to pull it apart again. I'd much rather send it to a technician to fix it if that's possible. Please let me know what my options are. Thanks a lot guys. :)

SupaSnipa
08-10-2008, 10:53 AM
When you took it apart did you change the or rings? My guess would be a bad o-ring. Another possibility would be the cupseal. Did you buy your marker new? If you did you might have a parts kits with the necesary objects in them.

Salzy
08-10-2008, 06:01 PM
I bought the marker new, but it only came with a small baggy of other parts. The O-rings in the bag are the larger sized ones, but none that size looked bad when I pulled the gun apart. Neither did the smaller O-rings.

What is the cup seal?

kidonfire
08-10-2008, 10:14 PM
I bought the marker new, but it only came with a small baggy of other parts. The O-rings in the bag are the larger sized ones, but none that size looked bad when I pulled the gun apart. Neither did the smaller O-rings.

What is the cup seal?

The cup seal is the white piece that screws onto a pin that goes into the valve.

part number 12 in the Xtra 05' manual. (clicky (http://www.spyder.tv/section/support/manuals/spyder_xtra_05.pdf))
Or part number 12A in the Xtra 03' manual. (click me! (http://www.spyder.tv/section/support/manuals/spyder_xtra_03.pdf))

It shouldn't be too hard to replace. If otters site were up now, he had a good explanation of how to disassemble your marker.

Here's a good video of how to disassemble your marker. It's an imagine in the video but it will be nearly exactly the same.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_qD09BImSo&feature=related

Skip to 1:35 and watch until 2:55. That will tell you how to get to the cup seal and valve pin. You should have gotten an extra cupseal with the gun. Unscrew the valve pin from the cupseal(the white piece) and replace the cupseal with the extra one. Then just do the reverse of the video to put the gun back together.

Hope this helps, just tell me if this doesnt make any sense.....

SupaSnipa
08-12-2008, 12:21 PM
:yeahthat:

Salzy
09-29-2008, 02:18 PM
Thanks for the help you guys. That all made perfect sense, and I did as you suggested. However, it is still leaking CO2 for some reason. I'd love to take care of this in some way. Can I send it in for work by Spyder themselves?

DFSniper
09-29-2008, 02:20 PM
is the valve in backwards? the big hole should be facing the front.

bigred76
09-29-2008, 03:56 PM
You can send it into Kingman for factory repair if you wish. Their number is 888-546-4626. Give 'em a ring and see what they can do for ya! :)

Salzy
09-29-2008, 04:21 PM
I just pulled it apart again and replaced the cup seal with the one in the extra parts baggy. I also checked to make sure the valve was positioned correctly.

I attached the CO2 canister and it still leaked. I found it was leaking from near the hose at the bottom, by the adapter for the canister. I flip-flopped the two hose adapters, and the leak moved up near the expansion chamber/grip. I then flip-flopped the O-rings inside the hose adapters, and the leak moved back down by the canister adapter. So, after all the monkeying around...does it just sound like a bad O-ring to you guys? That seems to be the issue as far as I can tell, but I'm no expert.

In the manual, it tells me they are #011 O-rings. Can I find these at a local hardware store? Or do I have to order them specifically for paintball markers?

DFSniper
09-29-2008, 04:33 PM
throw some teflon tape on it, that should fix it.

Salzy
09-29-2008, 04:36 PM
throw some teflon tape on it, that should fix it.

On what?...around the entire hose adapter, or the O-ring itself?

DFSniper
09-29-2008, 04:37 PM
on the threaded part of the hose.