PDA

View Full Version : So seeing as it appears my Grillz won't be coming..

battlechaser
08-10-2008, 08:35 AM
I get to make the choice all over again. I'm not really sure what I want though, the Vforce Grills look good, but the Flex's are just so customizable. Input would be appreciated! :D

My Proto Switches took a shot in the lens retainer (the bezel that goes around the lens, holding it in place), and somehow, some of the fill worked it's way behind the outer thermal lens.

And yes, I realize I spelt SHOULD wrong. :dodgy:

Ace24
08-10-2008, 09:13 AM
Personally, I'm not that huge of a fan of Grillz. They are made for people with small heads IMO.

Always liked Proflex's better. Like you said, there is the custom ability factor.

Have you tried both?

battlechaser
08-10-2008, 09:15 AM
Personally, I'm not that huge of a fan of Grillz. They are made for people with small heads IMO.

Always liked Proflex's better. Like you said, there is the custom ability factor.

Have you tried both?

Not yet, But I work close enough to Badlands, so I may stop in on my way home next week. The Grillz fit alright though, one of the guys I play woods with has them.

shark
08-10-2008, 10:07 AM
Id get the proflex, they are very customizable like you said and in my opinion more comfortable than some of the other masks I have worn (profiler, grillz, i3, i3 pro, switch)

SupaSnipa
08-10-2008, 10:56 AM
I like both, I love the look and feel of the Grillz but the customizeable stuff on the Flex's.

Im voting other because there are other possible option like Events

DFSniper
08-10-2008, 01:08 PM
i swear by flexes. they may seem a little bulky at first, but you get used to it. my heads kind of big, so they fit me fine. tried on i3s once, and it felt like zero protection...

battlechaser
08-10-2008, 01:20 PM
i swear by flexes. they may seem a little bulky at first, but you get used to it. my heads kind of big, so they fit me fine. tried on i3s once, and it felt like zero protection...

That's what I don't like about my Switches, they don't really cover much of my chin/neck.

timmyshoota
08-10-2008, 01:29 PM
I've loved my i3 Pros to death. I never got much of a chance with my Grillz, but I did like them. Flexes are okay, but nothing great.

TheDarkShadow
08-10-2008, 03:23 PM
Vforce ftw

xsvly-fat
08-10-2008, 05:29 PM
My Flex is really nice but Grillz are good too. I would try them both on and see for youself

SpyderMan723
08-10-2008, 05:39 PM
i like my ventz.. i got a nice bounce off my face today so :up:

the foam is very nice and soft, comes with 2 lenses, goggle bag, lens bag. very easy to change lenses and clean, soft ears.. you name it. vents are ftw in my book

timmyshoota
08-10-2008, 05:54 PM
Check out my PM, how about both masks for the price of one? :)

HelpDeskHustler
08-11-2008, 05:52 AM
Proflexes are cheaper and not horribly worse. I love my grillz. They're so easy to clean that I could do it between rounds more thoroughly than I cleaned my Proflexes at the end of the day. Proflexes are bigger, but the grillz will never make you feel restricted. If you've got the extra money, get a grill. If you don't, get the proflex and wear it right. I'm tired of seeing kids wear the strap down to their necks.

police_brutality
10-03-2008, 04:35 AM
i say get the flex