PDA

View Full Version : spyder tl-r problem

vs1guy
08-10-2008, 06:57 AM
ok i have a problem with my tl-r. when i go to shoot it it will sputter and not cock back. ever. and im sure i have air. i use compressed air. all my parts on the gun have been serviced will. so if someone has an idea whats wrong plz tell me.

shunut
08-10-2008, 08:03 AM
Do you have any upgrades?

Inspect your sear and striker, make sure this is no damage to either. If your sear gets rounded off, it won't catch the striker.

vs1guy
08-10-2008, 11:28 AM
Do you have any upgrades?

Inspect your sear and striker, make sure this is no damage to either. If your sear gets rounded off, it won't catch the striker.

no damage to either. and no ups. im planning to up it. if i can find out what wrong with it.

shunut
08-10-2008, 11:51 AM
I know you said it is well maintained but I would take it apart again, reclean everything, check all your o-rings for damage, re-lube with some light paintball oil and try again. Also make sure you check inside the body for any damage.

There are a couple possibilities but it sound like its not getting enough air. I can't remember if a TL-R came with a regulator, but I'm pretty sure it didn't.

vs1guy
08-11-2008, 06:09 AM
I know you said it is well maintained but I would take it apart again, reclean everything, check all your o-rings for damage, re-lube with some light paintball oil and try again. Also make sure you check inside the body for any damage.

There are a couple possibilities but it sound like its not getting enough air. I can't remember if a TL-R came with a regulator, but I'm pretty sure it didn't.

just did it. nothing. and the reg is just like other spyders. not rly reg type. could it possibly i need a new valve? cuz thats what im thinking it might be. but my valve looks fine.

shunut
08-11-2008, 08:44 AM
Generally a valve doesn't go bad. The cup seal can go bad, the valve pin can get bent, but I've never heard of a valve going bad.

What are you using air wise, co2 or HPA?

Do you have the valve in the right way?

I also looked up the TL-R and there is no reg, so its not like you have the pressure set too low.

vs1guy
08-13-2008, 04:20 PM
Generally a valve doesn't go bad. The cup seal can go bad, the valve pin can get bent, but I've never heard of a valve going bad.

What are you using air wise, co2 or HPA?

Do you have the valve in the right way?

I also looked up the TL-R and there is no reg, so its not like you have the pressure set too low.

i was jw about the valve. usually i use co2. out of the 20 times ive played with it, ive use hpa 5 times. and yes i do have the valve in the right way.

bigred76
08-13-2008, 10:02 PM
How far in is your velocity screw? Is it actually trying to recock? Where is the little black buffer: behind the striker or in front of it on the valve side?

vs1guy
08-22-2008, 05:38 PM
How far in is your velocity screw? Is it actually trying to recock? Where is the little black buffer: behind the striker or in front of it on the valve side?

ive changed the velocity and try shooting. that didnt change anything. is seems like it may be. and its behind the striker.

Griff
09-01-2008, 02:06 PM
Is your compressed tank HP? Has it ever worked before with this tank?