PDA

View Full Version : relocate asa ???

desertfox384
08-10-2008, 05:38 AM
Ok, i have a remote coil and hate how its positioned off of the asa.. i would like it to come straight out of the foregrip.. is this possible ? if so what do i need to do ? thanks in advance all.

DirtySouth
08-10-2008, 05:40 AM
Remove the front grip. Unscrew the hose that goes into the body, screw in your hose there.

I think....=/

desertfox384
08-10-2008, 05:45 AM
i thought the same thing, but the asa connection seems to have some sort of reducer or air regulator in it so i wasnt quite sure if i needed to keep that or not....

thunderalley71
08-10-2008, 08:29 AM
i would keep that on their

BYUrdneck
08-11-2008, 07:41 AM
There is a way to have it running out of the fake mag. I had it that way for a while, before I completely changed my MR1 around. It is cheap and easy to do (you can find eveything you need at a local hardware store and it cost me about 5 bucks). Here is a picture of how it looks: notice the bottom of the fake mag - that is where the remote nipple sticks out.
http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk95/byurdneck/gun1.jpg
If you want more info about it - let me know, and I can get you a step by step of how to do it.

Zee
08-11-2008, 01:03 PM
I would actually like to see a step by step. My MR1 looks similar to yours and I think that would complete it. Heres the link to the pic.
http://www.spyder.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=13730&page=36

BYUrdneck
08-11-2008, 02:40 PM
Ok, well just go to your local hardware store and pick up 3 things.
- A 4" 1/8 npt threaded brass pipe
- 1/8 npt female/female connector
- a roll of teflon tape
Then when you get home take the ASA, fake mag, and steel braided hose off the gun and set aside. Next, looking at the remote nipple that screws into the ASA - remove the silver nipple with two sets of wrenches - it might be hard because there is a bunch of thread lock on it. Once removed, thread it with some teflon tape into one of the ends of the female/female fitting, and tighten. Take the brass pipe and thread that with some teflon tape and tighten it in the other end of the female/female fitting. Now to finish it all - thread the brass pipe into the gun where the steel braided hose was with some teflon tape and tighten. Put fake mag back on and you are done. If it leaks, you probably didn't use enough teflon tape. The only drawback to this is with all this done, you cannot go back to just using a tank. To go back to using a tank, you will have to reverse everything (which is totally do-able). This does nothing permanent to the gun that you cannot undo. Here is a pic of what it looks like:
http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk95/byurdneck/gunpic.jpg

Zee
08-11-2008, 03:27 PM
Thanks for that how to...I think I'm gonna try it out. If you like DIY stuff, check out the link in my sig. Theres lots of stuff like mines, nades, launchers, soft goods, etc.

Modded-Like-Hell
08-11-2008, 03:38 PM
where did u get that fake Supressor/silencer? kind of intrested

Zee
08-11-2008, 03:46 PM
Dont know about his but you can make them really easily.

BYUrdneck
08-11-2008, 05:58 PM
I made the fake silencer out of PVC pipe. PM me if you want to know how. But there is another way to have the remote line going through the front grip - just take the remote nipple off the ASA adapter and screw it in where the steel braided hose attaches to the gun (the threads match). It would be a pain disconnecting it because you would have to take off the front grip each time - but it would be the easiest because you don't have to buy anything to do it. I mean if you don't mind having it on there then that is another way to go.

Kunithrayin
08-20-2008, 07:46 PM
Is there any real advantage to having a fake silencer/suppresor like that one?
Does it make it quieter or does it shoot better becuase of the seal or is it just for looks? I like the idea though and might make one for myself.

sneekypete
08-20-2008, 07:52 PM
Pretty sure it is just for looks other wise it would be against the law.

bigred76
08-20-2008, 08:26 PM
Just for looks. Any item for suppressing purposes is HIGHLY illegal.

BYUrdneck
08-21-2008, 04:50 PM
Actually it makes it really louder. It covers up the ports, so it makes the gun louder than it already is.