PDA

View Full Version : Need an answer and a suggestion or two

kidonfire
08-09-2008, 09:38 PM
I'm curently in the process of building a spyder pump(thanks vike for the good tutorial). I have an 06' (i think)sonix, so would it be alright to keep my lpc or do I have to get a plug or something?

Also, i'm building a pump handle out of a dowel I have. I don't want it to be a regular pump handle, and I'd like to carve it into somthing cool. I can't thing of anything though, so I'm looking for suggestions. I have taken woodcarving for a year so I'm decent with a knife.

Thanks

vikingshadow
08-10-2008, 05:41 AM
You're welcome! :) Glad to see people are actually using those things and I didn't waste my time!

No, you don't have to get rid of the LPC. You can actually use it as a place to attacth the main pump guide that your pump handle moves on. You might have to do some sanding and modifying of it to get the pipe or whatever to rest on it, but it's doable.

Here are a couple of pics from someone who did it this way:

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g97/Anonymouse_photos/IconPump005.jpg

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g97/Anonymouse_photos/Aspump008.jpg

Obviously, there are other ways to do this, but this was how he did his.

SupaSnipa
08-10-2008, 05:43 AM
I'm pretty sure you can use it but you might want to ask vike just to be certain.

As for the pump handle, I would probly carve it so my fingers fit on it perfectly, I think that would be pretty cool. If you have a nickname, like your name on here Id try carving that into the side.

*EDIT* Dang you Vike

kidonfire
08-10-2008, 03:01 PM
Thanks for the answer, luckily my lpc is pretty round so it shouldnt be too hard to do somthing like that.

One more question. I slotted my striker and rounded out the pin, but when I went to fire the gun it didn't recock like its supposed to, but it "stutters" once or twice. Is thatr normal, or should I try to do somthing about it?

Oh, keep the suggestions coming. I was going to carve one that fits my hand, but I have more wood so I can make a different one.

vikingshadow
08-10-2008, 04:54 PM
It's not supposed to recock?

If you're still getting some blowback, then you need to check a couple of things. I assume you already took the oring off the striker, right? If not, do that. Also, make sure your pin seals the hole in the valve. If not, you're going to have to go back and do some more work.

If that's not the problem, look at your valve and make sure there isn't a slot cut into it. Some valves have a slot cut in them to allow some air to escape to blow the striker back. You'll have to seal that off.

kidonfire
08-10-2008, 08:03 PM
It's not supposed to recock?

Um, isn't that the whole point, that the striker doesn't recock?

I have a feeling it's the valve pin not sealing enough, since the JB weld kinda sagged while drying.

vikingshadow
08-11-2008, 05:10 AM
Ah, I misread your statement! I thought you were saying that you wanted it to recock...and I was questioning why you wanted it to. My bad!

The pin is my thought as well. You might just try redoing it, if you can.

kidonfire
08-12-2008, 12:22 PM
Sigh, I redid the valve pin, and still the same results. I havn't made the pump arm so i'm still using the cocking pin to cock it, so I found out that when I push down on the pin the "stutter" goes away. I have no idea what that means. Any ideas?

vikingshadow
08-12-2008, 12:50 PM
Maybe your valve spring is too strong, or your main spring is too weak. Try changing them and see what happens.

kidonfire
08-29-2008, 08:42 PM
I finally got back to my project. I think I got the studder fixed. Does anyone know what the threading is for the LPC? I've decided to replace the LPC and make a ghetto plug like the Trilogy Pump Kit.