PDA

View Full Version : striker o-ring

thunderalley71
08-09-2008, 03:44 AM
ok i have a busted red striker o-ring. when i replace it do i need to get another red one or can it be black or clear as long as its the same size?

vikingshadow
08-09-2008, 04:29 AM
Back when I played with my Sonix, I replaced the red oring with a regular one, and promptly had leaking issues and recocking problems. I tried everything I could but never fixed it. Finally, I had to call Kingman and they sent me a few of the red ones and it fixed them perfectly. Something about them being a different size oring than what we can normally get - metric, maybe?

However, other people never have problem with using standard orings on their strikers. Try it and see what happens...you never know!

slim and shady
08-09-2008, 05:07 AM
Yeah I agree with Vike this one brings mixed resaults. But your not out anything to try it, so see if it wirks for you. I think this was brought up a few months back and alot of MR1 users said they had used the different orings with good resaults so you never know!

DFSniper
08-09-2008, 05:33 AM
ive always used the red ones to be safe. i think they're $2 a piece online, but you should be able to find them for cheaper.

slim and shady
08-09-2008, 05:35 AM
your local pro shop should also carry them

Zee
08-09-2008, 07:15 AM
I'll agree with the masses...red orings should be replaced with red, they're meant to put up with the stresses of the stryker.

GR34
08-09-2008, 09:05 AM
Back when I played with my Sonix, I replaced the red oring with a regular one, and promptly had leaking issues and recocking problems. I tried everything I could but never fixed it. Finally, I had to call Kingman and they sent me a few of the red ones and it fixed them perfectly. Something about them being a different size oring than what we can normally get - metric, maybe?

However, other people never have problem with using standard orings on their strikers. Try it and see what happens...you never know!

Did they ship it for Free?

DRAGON
08-09-2008, 09:15 AM
I never had a prob with the buna rings. I started using them after finding that for some markers, Kingman used the buna striker and bolt rings. **shrugs** Long as you keep them lubed, you shouldn't have probs with them -

thunderalley71
08-09-2008, 11:56 AM
so its basically a different size then regular ones? i just swithced it from my MR1 to my E-MR1 so it still works, and about buying them online i dont think i wanna pay 2bucks online il see if i can get a few from my shop. is their a spceial material thats in these?

vikingshadow
08-09-2008, 05:27 PM
Did they ship it for Free?

Yup. They sent me 3 or 4 - it was several years ago, so I don't remember how many exactly.

so its basically a different size then regular ones? i just swithced it from my MR1 to my E-MR1 so it still works, and about buying them online i dont think i wanna pay 2bucks online il see if i can get a few from my shop. is their a spceial material thats in these?

It's a metric sized one, and I think made out of a different material.

bigred76
08-09-2008, 08:25 PM
I'll agree with the masses...red orings should be replaced with red, they're meant to put up with the stresses of the stryker.

They're just red Urethane orings in metric sizing... there isn't anything special about them! :rolleyes:

Call Kingman and ask them. Vike dealt with them a few years ago, and their policies on free stuff might have changed since then. Only way to know for sure is to call yourself! ;)

thunderalley71
08-10-2008, 08:20 AM
cool i will give them a call and let you guys now what happens, above all thanks for helping me out