PDA

View Full Version : got a kinda newbie question

especiialypsycho
08-07-2008, 07:43 PM
hey SOC, ive been browsing the nation lately and i keep coming across "HK". could someone explain to me what HK is? because its pretty confusing to me.

Thanks in advance,
Aj

vikingshadow
08-07-2008, 07:53 PM
Hostile Kids - there's more to it than a name, but basically what will happen is there will be a group of people come in here and say HK is a bunch of "agg" kids and concerned with superficial things, and a second group that will say that's not what the true HK is. Usually starts a lot of heavy "discussion".

I'll just sit over here and watch...

LostCause
08-07-2008, 08:02 PM
lol vike....there kids who rather look good then play... :D oh well, there choice i guess idc...

:hugs:

bigred76
08-07-2008, 08:43 PM
As Vike said, they're the Hostile Kids. They're one of the first teams to play tournament paintball to shoot MacDev markers, and one of the biggest "cult" followings in paintball. Bigger than Dynasty was and bigger than XSV was. It's because of this following that many of the younger ballers wear what they do, and why many of the companies design gear the way they do.

Ace24
08-07-2008, 09:24 PM
As Vike said, they're the Hostile Kids. They're one of the first teams to play tournament paintball to shoot MacDev markers, and one of the biggest "cult" followings in paintball. Bigger than Dynasty was and bigger than XSV was. It's because of this following that many of the younger ballers wear what they do, and why many of the companies design gear the way they do.

They also have horrid form, play like retards, and somehow manage to win a little.

You'll get a bunch of little brats at the field saying they're "agg" because they're wearing HK stuff and dressing with lots of funky colors.

On that note, I resent the title "agg."

especiialypsycho
08-08-2008, 08:03 AM
So HK is really just an overplayed bandwagon?

LostCause
08-08-2008, 08:42 AM
YES!
dont say that on PbN theyll light ya up though ;)

DFSniper
08-08-2008, 01:58 PM
yes and no. i got bored one day and did a little HK history. (i may be a little off, so feel free to correct me). i think theres a "what is HK?" thread stickied in the newbie section of PBN, may be some other section though.

it started with a bunch of kids that played paintball religiously (i think it was at SC Village...). somehow they managed to get a team together and a sponsorship and started playing tourneys. they were really good for coming from nowhere and managed to make it into bigger and bigger tournaments.

IIRC, they started selling HK gear to help pay for paintball, and eventually it became a fad, like being "gangsta" but in the paintball world. so of course just about every 13 to 18 year old joined in, and soon it was agg to be HK. after a few years of flaming and laughter, the HK fad started dying down around 2005.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=agg

edit: found the thread i was looking for:
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=2682919

UKwithPride
08-19-2008, 11:42 PM
It's a lifestyle :dodgy:

Muddytaco
08-19-2008, 11:58 PM
Don't forgot about "HK technology" AKA secret cheating devices before ramping boards were around as the norm. They were some of the first to have a ramping mode and some even had switches built into some guns to quickly flip the modes on and off so they couldn't be caught as easy.

90% of HK followers these days are noobs and posers trying to fit in b/c they think it is the cool thing to do.

I would go on about what I think but it would take awhile and I would have to give myself a temp ban.

druid
08-20-2008, 08:21 AM
1. Don't forgot about "HK technology" AKA secret cheating devices before ramping boards were around as the norm. They were some of the first to have a ramping mode and some even had switches built into some guns to quickly flip the modes on and off so they couldn't be caught as easy.
1. I remember that

2. 90% of HK followers these days are noobs and posers trying to fit in b/c they think it is the cool thing to do.

I would go on about what I think but it would take awhile and I would have to give myself a temp ban.

Then I'll say it for you so you can keep your Mod composure..:D..

2. you are somewhat confused....97% of all SPEEDBALLERS are noobs and posers becuase they lack the self esteem to be an individual. They feel that it's necessary to look "agg" in front of all their buddies or to the public in general because they can't be mature enough to make their own decisions. AKA=they'd rather be sheep than a shepherd. 2% can play the game without ANY cheating or "agg-factor" gear and 1% already rule the paintball world (Hastings, Knuth, ME, etc)..

especiialypsycho
08-20-2008, 03:15 PM
97% of all SPEEDBALLERS are noobs and posers becuase they lack the self esteem to be an individual. They feel that it's necessary to look "agg" in front of all their buddies or to the public in general because they can't be mature enough to make their own decisions. AKA=they'd rather be sheep than a shepherd. 2% can play the game without ANY cheating or "agg-factor" gear and 1% already rule the paintball world (Hastings, Knuth, ME, etc)..

Sigged

calebh
08-20-2008, 03:30 PM
i doubt old school HKer's don't like the new "agg" kids much. like DFsniper said, it started off benign. it was honorable tournament paintball for fun more than anything else. now, well, we've all seen what it's become.

druid
08-20-2008, 08:45 PM
well, if they were 'honorable' back in the day - they wouldn't have used the cheater boards............now would they have?

but that was over 20 years ago when people still had ethics, standards and a sense of fair play.....it's tough to find that on a speedball field nowadays.

Master Tech
08-22-2008, 08:15 AM
I'll add to this at another time...