PDA

View Full Version : Please Help, It's getting pretty urgent to solve this...

badlandsrox
08-07-2008, 01:03 PM
Okay, so awhile ago, I bought some tickets to the Crue Fest concert here in Calgary, I had intended to buy 2 tickets, but something screwed up and it ended up that I had ordered 4. I've tried like crazy to sell these tickets, but to no avail, and the concert is approaching very rapidly... a week today infact. I was thinking about selling them via an online ticket reseller, however I am afraid that it may be too late, as they need to be mailed, and everyone here knows that mail never arrives on time, and if it does not reach them in time, then I get charged for not sending them ontime, so in reality, im getting charged twice for them. So is my understanding anyways...
Does anyone know how I can sell these tickets? Is there any way I can sell them back to ticketmaster for say a restocking charge or something just as i would if I was returning something to Best Buy or Walmart etc?
Any other help would be greatly appreciated.

vikingshadow
08-07-2008, 01:50 PM
Scalping outside of venue?

Man, you can't sell Crue tickets? If you were around here, I'd take them in a heartbeat.

battlechaser
08-07-2008, 02:03 PM
Throw them in the paper, someone will probably grab them, especially if you're selling them at regular price, or a little below.

badlandsrox
08-07-2008, 02:23 PM
It's not that I can't sell them, it's more that no one is around being that its summer and all. Yeah, thats what im thinking i'll do, thing is though is that I don't know if they will sell in less than a week

TheDarkShadow
08-07-2008, 03:36 PM
my uncle and brother went to a crue concert a couple years ago and said it was a wild show

as far as getting rid of the 2 tickets, scalp'em

vikingshadow
08-07-2008, 05:26 PM
Hehehe - I saw Crue back in 86 or 87 a couple times. Talk about wild shows!

timmyshoota
08-07-2008, 05:55 PM
Show up and scalp them at the event. I guarantee you there will be people there trying to get tickets.

badlandsrox
08-09-2008, 08:13 PM
Is there not laws against that? cause I know definatly for concerts, not so much for hockey games, but there is always cops at the place where scalping does go on for hockey games, and i have yet to see a concert ticket scalper. Also, another idea i was thinking was to see if the local radio station will advertise them, i have heard it before, but only a few times

bigred76
08-09-2008, 08:32 PM
Ticket scalping on-site is most likely highly against their rules, especially since it's private property and their rules are just as good as law. If you violate one of the rules, you're trespassing right off the bat. Do not scalp at the event or the site of the event at all. I do not know how illegal scalping is in Canada, but it lands people in trouble all the time here in America.

Try eBay? :)

especiialypsycho
08-09-2008, 08:48 PM
But isnt canada generally nicer than the USA?

badlandsrox
08-10-2008, 10:14 AM
OK! So I sent out an email to the local rock radio station that is also promoting the concert, and they emailed me this morning, and said that it is possible for them to put the word out about the tickets, and im thinking that i will tell them that anything above face value i will donate directly to the charity they have so that everybody wins! So hopefully this will work out :)

timmyshoota
08-12-2008, 09:07 PM
Ticket scalping on-site is most likely highly against their rules, especially since it's private property and their rules are just as good as law. If you violate one of the rules, you're trespassing right off the bat. Do not scalp at the event or the site of the event at all. I do not know how illegal scalping is in Canada, but it lands people in trouble all the time here in America.

Try eBay? :)

Scalping is only illegal if you sell the tickets for ABOVE the face value. Sell it for the face value or less, no problem.

badlandsrox
08-12-2008, 09:32 PM
Scalping is only illegal if you sell the tickets for ABOVE the face value. Sell it for the face value or less, no problem.

Yeah, I think thats my next plan now, as the person who I sold them to over the radio backed out last minuite as i was about to go meet him with the tickets...