PDA

View Full Version : Spyder Esprit Problems.

LancerMiA
08-06-2008, 08:48 PM
Hello all, this is my first post here and I need a little bit of help. I am currently using, or trying to use, an older Spyder Esprit. When I put in a full Co2 tank, cock the bolt, and pull the trigger, the bolt studders and I have to re-cock it again. I've squeegeed the gun and lubed it as well, but nothing has worked. Does anyone have an idea how to fix it?
Thanks

Modded-Like-Hell
08-06-2008, 09:14 PM
first check if your tank has air in it?
check battery, maybe you need a new one?
if you have a reg, check if its set right, maybe set too low?
check for leaks?

aodsnyper
08-07-2008, 08:20 AM
Hello and welcome to the boards!

Your problem may be attributed to a few different things... As Modded stated, make sure you have a full charge on your battery or if it no longer holds a charge, replace it. The next thing I would check/replace would be the striker o-ring. That is usually a prime suspect in studdering markers.

Inspect all of the o-rings thoroughly and replace any that look iffy. They're cheap and easy to replace. I recommend doing it once a year no matter what, but that's just me.

Let us know what you come up with and if you need any more assistance.

Enjoy your stay on the boards!

Justin

druid
08-07-2008, 09:23 PM
I'd like to add to ^^, that use a 9.6V RECHARGEABLE battery...NOT an alkaline.

When you replace the O-Rings, make sure you use a kit specifically for Esprit, Imagine or other "vision-cocking" Spyders. The striker O-Ring is red. Do not substitute it for another O-Ring. Then oil it properly.

Finally, make sure the CO2 screen in the VA isn't clogged.

LancerMiA
08-14-2008, 05:37 PM
Well, I did open the gun up and cleaned and lubed it to no avail. But I had fired it aimed at the ground and it shot and blew back just fine, but it then studdered again when I shot it up and aimed.

druid
08-14-2008, 05:56 PM
put on a freshly filled tank?

Check the Vrtical Adapter (VA) fir a brass screen. Remove it if it;s present and try again.

If that doesn't work, remove your Air Source Adapter (ASA...where the bottle screws into) and where the bottle screws in, drill the hole larger. Go at least 2 drill bit sizes larger than the hole that's already there. Blow air/Co2 through it before putting it back on the marker.

LancerMiA
08-14-2008, 06:30 PM
Well, I did open the gun up and cleaned and lubed it to no avail. But I had fired it aimed at the ground and it shot and blew back just fine, but it then studdered again when I shot it up and aimed.