PDA

View Full Version : linkin park

sd846
08-06-2008, 01:53 PM
Heys guys i was just wondering if any body here likes linkin park and sorry guys for the miss spelling

The Pumper
08-06-2008, 01:55 PM
I do.
I enjoy "What I've Done"

sd846
08-06-2008, 01:55 PM
i like the song "In the end"

spyderpaintball
08-06-2008, 02:25 PM
By themselves - meh some decent songs others pretty bad

I do like the remixes that Crystal Method has done with a number of their songs.

especiialypsycho
08-06-2008, 02:27 PM
linkin park is pretty cool, have every CD of theirs except the new oneXD i had no money for it the time it came out becasue of paintball and have no money for it now because of paintball):

DFSniper
08-06-2008, 02:34 PM
hybrid theory - amazing
reanimation - beyond words!
meteora - great
new stuff - meh, havent listened to the entire album
demos - well, i like demos in general, but Esaul (place for my head demo) is better than the final cut.

i dont like rap much, but i listen to LP more for mike's lyrics than anything else. he's such an amazing writer/rapper. honestly, i think i like fort minor better than linkin park.

oh, i have a meteora world tour 04 concert shirt :D too bad i missed out on the concert...

DRAGON
08-06-2008, 03:47 PM
Teh DRAGON likes L/P. "Givin Up" is teh shizzle. That dood has one hella set of lungs! :eek: The guy next to me at work hates any contemporary music especially screaming and especially that song. I make sure I turn it up when it comes on so it reinforces his faded opinion which stinks -

I'm not one to consider opinions of what others think is sub-standard. Far as music goes, I know what I like and if others don't.....I could care less what they think I should be listening to. I was talking to my youngest son asking about Linkin Park and he said, "But dad, they're EMO aren't they?" :o Emo, speemo, a lot of their music sounds pretty damned good to me. Linkin Schpinkin - :peace:

slim and shady
08-06-2008, 04:02 PM
yup always liked there music, should dig out a few of there songs again!

Ace24
08-06-2008, 04:14 PM
I've loved them since their first CD came out. I've got all the CD's accept reanimation and the jay-z thing.

Hybrid Theory was deff one of their best albums. The new one only has a couple songs that I actually like.

DisIsMyUsername
08-06-2008, 04:16 PM
I've always enjoyed and appreciated their work.

They might've soften up for their last album but i can still listen to it. hybrid theory will always be their #1 album IMO. They just were in south FL for projekt revolution and i failed and didn't get tickets :(

spray and pray
08-06-2008, 04:39 PM
Good band, rise against is better though.

codymm1014
08-06-2008, 04:40 PM
I like most of LP but some other songs are too.... corny... for me. I like some of their new album, and almost all of their old stuff.

I actually liked the album with JayZ.

Ace24
08-06-2008, 04:40 PM
You're comparing two different genre's. :dodgy:

TheDarkShadow
08-06-2008, 07:09 PM
I like them, their old stuff is definately better, but some of the new songs are pretty good

nastystankweed
08-06-2008, 07:36 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZWuJEQf8gwIve bought all of their cds up until meteora. I think they got all emo on us in the newer songs and thats why I never bought their newer work. I loved the cd with Jay z absolutely loved it that was a great album. If not one of the better albums ever realeased. I baisically only listen to hip hop and rap if u cant already tell but, I must agree with u though Spray and Pray Rise Against is better I love their song Swing Life Away and Prayer of the refugee.

battlechaser
08-06-2008, 07:54 PM
Have most of their work. The new CD is quite good in my opinion, some hate it though, as it breaks from the sound they've established themselves with a bit. Their demos are even good though, as well as some of the rare stuff that never made it out. Chester's "The Morning After" is awesome.

Props to Dragon on a good song choice, Given Up is easily the best song on the new disc.

codymm1014
08-06-2008, 08:46 PM
Props to Dragon on a good song choice, Given Up is easily the best song on the new disc.

dawt.

I love that song.

vikingshadow
08-07-2008, 05:41 AM
I like a few of their songs, but not enough to buy any albums. Of course, I haven't bought an album from ANYONE in many years. I just buy the songs I like from the 'net and burn them to a CD.

I don't usually shut them off when they come on the radio, so that says something right there!

HelpDeskHustler
08-07-2008, 10:35 AM
I like about 50% of their stuff, which is more than I can say about almost any band. You couldn't PAY me to go to their concert though, they don't sound great live and I really don't like 90% of their fans.

Muddytaco
08-07-2008, 12:34 PM
I like there old stuff and the jay-z mash up CD.

DFSniper
08-07-2008, 01:28 PM
i have to agree with spray and nasty, rise against > linkin park. and i've been a linkin park fan since middle school (big surprise?) but they're in two seperate genres IMO.

trivia: who did LP play against in a scrimmage during the 2004 NPPL?? and what guns did they shoot?

pb34
08-07-2008, 03:03 PM
I'm a pretty big Linkin Park fan. I really like Hybrid Theory and Meteora however their newer cd isn't so great in my opinion. I liked them for their style back then and the newer softer style isn't really my type. Given Up and a few other ones I don't mind but overall I don't think it's one of their better ones.

HelpDeskHustler
08-08-2008, 07:28 AM
One step closer to be on rockband 2 in the main setlist.

marvin-martian
08-08-2008, 07:59 AM
it appears as though im the only one here who doesnt like them...

shunut
08-08-2008, 08:47 AM
I like their music. I can play One Step Closer on the guitar.

SupaSnipa
08-08-2008, 09:09 AM
I used to LOVE Linkin Park, their older stuff is awesome! he new stuff doesnt excite me.

I also started listening to them in middle school and they are what brought me into the hardcore scream music I listen to now.