PDA

View Full Version : Yakuza or hater bard for my m8?

nastystankweed
08-05-2008, 07:58 AM
I finally got enough money saved up for a board. Should i go yakuza or hater board. the hater board is 135 and its got 24 modes. The yakuza is an oled and a little bit more expensive. I think i like the yakuza better but, I dont want to use those plastic grips.

bigred76
08-05-2008, 08:30 AM
I'd say Yakuza for the "cool" factor, stock board's just fine for functionality. Save your money for something more worthwhile, like gear at World Cup.

ttam13xlpb
08-05-2008, 08:48 AM
yak it

xsvly-fat
08-05-2008, 09:19 AM
I'd say the Yakuza

ttam13xlpb
08-05-2008, 11:24 AM
but i myself preffer the stock ul board over ANY other board i've ever used due to its simplicity and it has all the modes needed...id say just buy something you need worst. in all honesty the pm8 needs no upgrades

Paradox313
08-05-2008, 11:26 AM
I'd say Yakuza for the "cool" factor, stock board's just fine for functionality. Save your money for something more worthwhile, like gear at World Cup.

Dot

Ask yourself this, do you really NEED a board? The stock UL board already has all the modes needed for tourney play.

nastystankweed
08-05-2008, 01:28 PM
I could use a board I hate opening the grips up. i got everything i want on my m8(dm clamping feedneck collar, some ul backs and a cp pro mini ASA since the stock one was really dfficult to activate. I also coud really use some of the settings on the yak like the abs( I get bad drop off once in a while). Plus there is a few other things that are adjustable on the yak and a few extra mods too. I got my Cp 48 and my magana, my mask is good and with the whole sponsorship thng from sly ill have all new gear. I guess it depends on if I want to bust my a** a few more weeks to pay for it. Im on vacation anyways so why not.

ll my stuff is ready to go just waiting for the sly uniforms to come in and ill post pics.

Jegger24
08-05-2008, 02:10 PM
If you don't like the Yakuza grips, you could always get some Dark Seoul / Stinger grips....

Paradox313
08-05-2008, 09:55 PM
I could use a board I hate opening the grips up.

Then look into a used virtue board if your that desperate to take 2 minutes out of your day.
I love my virtue board, even though it offers most of the stuff that the stock UL board has.

Or if you really want to, drill some holes in the grips so you can flip the dip switch with a small allen key or something.

nastystankweed
08-06-2008, 11:32 AM
Im gona wait till the world cup for the yakuza. Im going to get a gearbag and a medium parts kit.