PDA

View Full Version : More good news!

vikingshadow
08-04-2008, 06:39 PM
Just thought I'd share with you -

I was working in my classroom today when my principal came in and asked if I wouldn't mind being a Mentor teacher to one of the new teachers coming to our site this year. She knows I'm working on Nationl Boards this year, but thought it'd be a good thing for the new teacher to have me work with her.

This is a first year beginning teacher, and the thought that out of all the teachers in the building I was considered to be her mentor was pretty cool! I've helped new teachers a lot before (I definitely remember being new and how hard it is) but have never been considered a "mentor". Plus, this is only my 7th year. Normally, they reserve mentor teaching for those with more experience or have been extremely outstanding teachers.

Plus, since I gave up being a grade level chair this year, I wasn't going to get that extra stipend - but now I get a larger stipend for being a mentor and it won't take as much time!

I'm pleased so far this year - now I just need to get started on this National Board stuff!

The Pumper
08-04-2008, 06:47 PM
Youre awesome Vike.
I'd want you to be my mentor if i were to become a teacher. Even though I'd kill a kid in 2 seconds because they are annoying.

But keep up the good work. :D
Have fun this school year.

TheDarkShadow
08-04-2008, 06:49 PM
that's really cool vike

shunut
08-04-2008, 06:57 PM
Is she hot? :D

battlechaser
08-04-2008, 07:04 PM
Well, that just means they deem you to be experienced/qualified enough to get the job done, definite congrats, Vike!

Is she hot? :D

Took the words out my my mouth. :p

STRIKEFIRST
08-04-2008, 07:05 PM
Bowcheecheewowowow!!!!

irishwarrior
08-04-2008, 07:25 PM
Vike's a playaaaaaaaaa :D

Modded-Like-Hell
08-04-2008, 08:00 PM
Youre awesome Vike.
I'd want you to be my mentor if i were to become a teacher. Even though I'd kill a kid in 2 seconds because they are annoying.

LMAO....

if she's hot man, DO WORK SON!!!

DFSniper
08-04-2008, 09:14 PM
congrats. lets just hope all this "life" stuff doesnt cause you to put paintball on the back burner.

vikingshadow
08-04-2008, 09:40 PM
Unfortunately, I think it's going to make me put something back there and paintball is the most likely source. And that was just with the National Board stuff. Without a field to actually play at around here (yet - I hear rumors, but who knows?) I've got to let something go...

But only for a little while - and I'm not sure it's going to be paintball I give up for awhile. I was supposed to play another tournament this month, then one more in September, but I may have to pass on this month's one.

We'll just play it by ear!

Oh, and to answer previous questions - I haven't actually met/seen her yet. I'll let you know, though! ;)