PDA

View Full Version : lol pump story

calebh
08-03-2008, 09:07 PM
today, i went and played at an indoor field with my phantom, and my brother played with my mag. when the ref came around to check all the tanks' hydro, i handed him my 4oz. he looked at for a second, then looked up at me and asked, "is that a real tank?"

later, a friend wanted to play with my phantom, so we switched. that game, everyone decided to split up teams with captains. my friend got picked last since he had the pump. he ended up getting two guys out, including me. (but not until i'd taken advantage of his extra firepower and shot out one of their guys without moving an inch. lol)

during one of the breaks, a kid comes up to me and asks if i'm the one with the pump. i'm like yeah, and he starts asking questions, i'm answering, you know, no big deal. then he's looking at all the other markers my friends and i have, and my mag catches his attention too, and he asked about that, too.

anyway, i was just amused today. i guess i like to stand out with my markers... lol

Paradox313
08-03-2008, 09:14 PM
my friend got picked last since he had the pump.

Hahahaha. That's funny. I always pick the pump players first. They're usually the ones with the experience, and most skillful.

DFSniper
08-04-2008, 01:54 PM
yeah, me, my best friend, and his wife were playing with a bunch of soldiers at the field one day. one captain (later on he ripped with a mech cocker) notices the hammer and says "i'm picking the pump guy first!" that just made my day :D

TheDarkShadow
08-04-2008, 02:32 PM
Once i was playin woodsball at a friend's house and my friend's friend that went to a different school had a pilot acs and a ****ty VL force hopper. he would shoot it and the bolt would only go forward half way and he couldn't figure out what was wrong with his gun :rolleyes: I ended up telling him to take his hopper and that he probably had a jam, sure enough it was a jam.

It makes me laugh how little anybody that I go paintballing with knows anything about their gear. or gear in general or how to maintain it. a lot of them have been paintballing longer than I have and it just amazes me how noobish they are. I am like a freaking paintball genious compared to them. My one friend broke his electro hopper (some sort of tippman agitating hopper) by dropping it in the bath tub while trying to clean it. when ever something goes wrong with their 98customs they always have to take it to the shop to have it fixed, they never atempt to fix it themselves, they have never taken them apart. so basically my friends=noobs

sorry for hijacking your thread

The Pumper
08-04-2008, 04:29 PM
pumps are always fun! :D
glad you liked it

Ace24
08-04-2008, 05:14 PM
I love it when other players flip out when they see something they haven't seen before. I also love when they underestimate pump players. It usually shocks the hell out of people when I come up to them and talk to them about their gear, actually knowing what they have and getting right onto the topic of what they have in it.

Sometimes people don't underestimate the pump player though. There was a game with my team mate and I that was suppose to be us (two people with cocker pumps) against 5 with semi's, both electro and mechanical. They walked off the field before the game even started because of how much they feared us. It was a great feeling, but a little irritating. Whats so scary about being hit by 1 paintball at 250FPS?

I still love seeing the guys with guns that are considered antiques run down the field like pros and take everyone out before their team mates with the newest and greatest bump up the field. People don't understand that experience and practice are more important than a gun that can shoot 30+bps. You can also always tell the experienced player from the newer, less experienced by their actions off of the break.

An experienced player will rush to a bunker further up the field, using other bunkers as cover in the lane that he is running. I've seen a player get to their 40 off the break by using lane blockers and x's as cover as he ran. He just sat at their 40, picking people off as they moved up. It was incredible.

/rant :p

DFSniper
08-04-2008, 08:24 PM
yeah, theres a ref at the field that seems like a jerk. he has a black and blue CP'd shocker (ALL his ups are CP) and when i asked him to see it, he looked at my spyder and was like "is that a spimmy?" just because i told him it had a torp on it. same kid wanted to buy my flex bottoms. if he still wants them next time, maybe i can cut a deal with him so i can use some of that money for my pearl bottoms!

HelpDeskHustler
08-04-2008, 08:28 PM
For the record, almost all 4oz tanks don't require hydro testing if they have no visible damage.

3.5 oz DOT-3AL Cylinders "2 by 2 rule"
Retesting not required per the note under table 1 in 49 CFR part 180.205. The note reads, "Any cylinder not exceeding two (2) inches in outside diameter and less than two (2) feet in length is exempt from volumetric expansion testing.

that's usually 3.5 oz and 9oz aluminum cylinders.

I have more to say here, BBL for that.

edit: I played recently and a bunch of young kids thought I had a scope on my gun. I'll admit it, I was playing the rec first timers for awhile that day because it was slow otherwise, but teams were fair, so I went for my pump buddy and picked heads in the time I had to spare. I can't even begin to tell you how many people neglect the snake. I could literally hit the 50 snake within a minute of the break. I felt like a ninja though. I hit all of my bunkers fast, and crisply, then picked off people who didn't know I was there, mainly headshots that resulted in an unusual head spin that indicated they had no idea I was there. When the walk-on/regulars showed up, my pump buddies and I were always first picked aside from the young guns tourney players (one who was borrowing a friends pump). With a pump, your benefit is speed. I still hit the snake even with kids laning it because I was being to predictable, but it really helped me work on my snapping.

Pump <3

/rant

The Pumper
08-04-2008, 08:35 PM
I love pump.
Caleb, do you plan on getting your own pump, or dont you love it that much? Or do you have your own?

DFSniper
08-04-2008, 08:56 PM
i agree with claus. when i played pump speedball a few times, i could easily rush the 50 once everyone started gunning. although i did take a bounce to the nipple right off the break once!

slim and shady
08-04-2008, 09:24 PM
Where I play there is a group of pump players, around 20, per capita they win ever scenario. Its unreal how good they really are part of the reason why I started to get into it(there friends) but its amazing how they can do so well against other teams of 200+ when they only have 15-25 players and still get more points per capita. on the scenario side of pump play they really excell in hostage/stealth kills as well as quick strikes. I have alot of respect for pump players and there skill, not to mention you gotta have some pretty big heavy balls to play pump against an ever growing fad of full auto and ramping, not to mention how "cool" over shooting is these days :eyeroll:

Ace24
08-04-2008, 10:33 PM
Heh... can't wait to rep my pump at the next 24 hour scenario GRC has around here. :)

Need to pick up a Winchester and a Sportshot beforehand though... maybe a revvy too. *hint hint to anyone on here that has a revvy they'd get rid of for cheap... or a reloader*

calebh
08-05-2008, 07:19 AM
I love pump.
Caleb, do you plan on getting your own pump, or dont you love it that much? Or do you have your own?the phantom is mine ;) it's beautiful :D

i agree with claus. when i played pump speedball a few times, i could easily rush the 50 once everyone started gunning.we played one flag game while i was there. you had to grab 2 of the 3 flags. with my phantom, i ran all the way up and grabbed a flag and came back. that never would have happened if i'd been playing with a semi. when i did play with a friends marker i felt so weighed down...

Where I play there is a group of pump players, around 20, per capita they win ever scenario. Its unreal how good they really are part of the reason why I started to get into it(there friends) but its amazing how they can do so well against other teams of 200+ when they only have 15-25 players and still get more points per capita. on the scenario side of pump play they really excell in hostage/stealth kills as well as quick strikes. I have alot of respect for pump players and there skill, not to mention you gotta have some pretty big heavy balls to play pump against an ever growing fad of full auto and ramping, not to mention how "cool" over shooting is these days :eyeroll:last time i played speedball with my phantom, i was playing in a wife beater and shorts. one kid really thought i was crazy. lol

phatphil
08-10-2008, 01:37 PM
For the record, almost all 4oz tanks don't require hydro testing if they have no visible damage.

3.5 oz DOT-3AL Cylinders "2 by 2 rule"
Retesting not required per the note under table 1 in 49 CFR part 180.205. The note reads, "Any cylinder not exceeding two (2) inches in outside diameter and less than two (2) feet in length is exempt from volumetric expansion testing.

that's usually 3.5 oz and 9oz aluminum cylinders.

I have more to say here, BBL for that.

edit: I played recently and a bunch of young kids thought I had a scope on my gun. I'll admit it, I was playing the rec first timers for awhile that day because it was slow otherwise, but teams were fair, so I went for my pump buddy and picked heads in the time I had to spare. I can't even begin to tell you how many people neglect the snake. I could literally hit the 50 snake within a minute of the break. I felt like a ninja though. I hit all of my bunkers fast, and crisply, then picked off people who didn't know I was there, mainly headshots that resulted in an unusual head spin that indicated they had no idea I was there. When the walk-on/regulars showed up, my pump buddies and I were always first picked aside from the young guns tourney players (one who was borrowing a friends pump). With a pump, your benefit is speed. I still hit the snake even with kids laning it because I was being to predictable, but it really helped me work on my snapping.

Pump <3

/rant

QFT