PDA

View Full Version : Vs2 leak, wierd sound, and just general crap

stsvs2
08-03-2008, 06:13 PM
I bought my Vs2 a few months ago. I have only shot maybe 2-3 case of paint through it. I have never been able to get the fps up to 280. I took to the store I bought it at and he told me the valve spring was actually rubbing the side of the gun and slowing down the action of the valve. It shot at 260 set at 250-260 psi.

Then the gun started to make a shhhh sound and a small metallic clank during every shot. Then it just started shooting air out from somewhere inside. I turned off the air and turned it back on and it work fine for about 10 more shots. I took the whole gun apart and inspected all the o-rings. I could not find anything wrong. I put it back together and it worked fine for about 200 shots and then it started making the metallic clank and the shhhh sound with each shot. Its like some air escapes from somewhere at the same time that you hear the shot. I took it apart. looked at the cup seal. It seemed fine but I replaced it and lubed everything again. I will see in the next week if it worked or not. Any ideas what it could be.

This gun has actually been a lot of trouble. I bought an SLG and it works much more consitently. I like the Spyder but it has given me so many troubles.

I put an ion feedneck on it and it stripped out. I put the original back on and it seems to work. The dovetail screw for the ASA comes loose continually. The button cover is coming off.

DirtySouth
08-03-2008, 07:29 PM
Hmmmm...Check your valve body. Check to make sure the o-rings are in good condition. And check to make sure there's no scratches or nicks on the valve body.

stsvs2
08-05-2008, 07:19 PM
Hmmmm...Check your valve body. Check to make sure the o-rings are in good condition. And check to make sure there's no scratches or nicks on the valve body.

It all seems to be in good shape. I have never been able to get this gun to shoot 280 except for a very short time. You can crank the spring down and it does not change the fps but maybe 5 fps. I have to run it about 250-170 to get it to 250 fps.

The first few times I used this gun I though. Hmm not bad. Now I havent been able to use it the last 3 times I have tried. I know sometimes you just get guns like that but come on. Everything looks fine and the guys at the field could not figure it out either.

It makes this metallic clanking sound and a pop (the shot) and at the same time or just a little after there is this shhhht sound and then it stops. The metallic clanking gets worse if the spring is turned in farther.

DirtySouth
08-05-2008, 08:10 PM
Hmmmm...Make sure that the striker buffer is in back of the striker and not in front of the striker.

stsvs2
08-06-2008, 07:27 AM
I got that one covered. Its behind the striker.

DirtySouth
08-06-2008, 08:34 AM
Is your valve body in the right direction?

stsvs2
08-06-2008, 09:39 AM
Yep, Otherwise the gun would not work at all.

DirtySouth
08-06-2008, 10:03 AM
It would work if it was the wrong way. It would just leak...ALOT

stsvs2
08-06-2008, 06:53 PM
It works for a few shots before it starts to leak pretty quickly. The cup seal is forward and the spring is on with the smaller end on the cupseal and the larger end on the. You know what I just thought about this. The guy cut the spring to make it shoot higher. Maybe it isn't putting enough pressure on the cup seal to actually seal. But he said the spring was dragging and that was what was slowing it down and thats why he cut it.

JustinMKN
05-09-2009, 10:06 AM
lube your cup seal (White piece that groves in to spring), replace the o-rings on the valve even if its brand new. I had to do this with my friends vs2. I also ripped apart the valve, made sure the inner components were working well and lubed (it screws apart very difficult though). That fixed his gun. Not sure its right, but after he tried fixing it 3-4 times I finally went through that and it worked.

martinez15
05-16-2009, 09:06 PM
get some lock tight and place it on the valve threads that should be the problem..also if you have stock asa that mau be a problem 2