PDA

View Full Version : Hyper 3

applesauce
08-03-2008, 01:24 PM
does the hyper 3 fit on the PMR?, i thought i read somewhere that it uses different threads.

vikingshadow
08-03-2008, 01:34 PM
The Hyper 3 doesn't fit on the PMR because the threading is completely different. However, I do believe you can get a Hyper 4, which is basically a Hyper 3 with the standard threading.

SpyderMan723
08-03-2008, 02:26 PM
hyper4 :confused: the SLG/PM8 reg??

The Pumper
08-03-2008, 03:06 PM
SLG has the hyper 3 reg.

TheDarkShadow
08-03-2008, 03:34 PM
SLG has the hyper 3 reg.

as does the PM8 and DM8

The Pumper
08-03-2008, 03:50 PM
Never heard of the hyper 4 ;)

vikingshadow
08-03-2008, 04:12 PM
Like I said, I pretty sure they made the Hyper 3 with standard threads, and called it the Hyper 4.

Now, I could be wrong, but I'm certain I read about it...

Edit - yup. Here ya go! Dye Hyper 4 regulator (http://www.zephyrpaintball.com/product/PB-DYE-H4BLK?meta=FRG&utm_source=GBASE&utm_medium=CPC&utm_content=&utm_campaign=)

Here's another one (http://www.thisnext.com/item/2F67DBD5/D87487B7/Dye-Hyper-4-Regulator)

A review... (http://www.pbnation.com/reviews/products/835/dye_precision_hyper_4_regulator/)

I could go on for days! :D (http://www.paintballsonline.com/content-product_info/product_id-1554/dye_hyper_4_regulator.html)

Hyper 4 Regulator

fits standard sized asa ports
WILL NOT fit DM8, PM8 or SLG
0-500PSI

The proven Hyper regulator design has been greatly improved. Now introducing the Hyper4� in-line regulator. This new design is sleeker, smaller, more consistent and offers more precise increments of adjustment. We�ve taken in-line regulators to the next level. Our new shim stack is more responsive and reacts quicker to pressure changes allowing better flow and a faster response. This ultimately provides you with a regulator that is more easily adjustable. The size has been dramatically reduced allowing us to incorporate the soft rubber outer grip. This outer grip is developed from the same compounds used in our proven Sticky Grips, and will provide you with a secure surface for which to hold your marker. In addition, the Hyper4� air input swivel ring allows it to work with all bottom line configurations.

Ninja Kittah edit: I thought I was losing my mind so that's why I added all the links...not trying to prove anything to you guys, so don't be upset!

The Pumper
08-03-2008, 04:21 PM
Vike...schooled...me...Damn!

vikingshadow
08-03-2008, 05:15 PM
Just getting into practice. School starts back up in a couple of weeks!

DFSniper
08-03-2008, 05:28 PM
for my siblings its tomorrow :D yay!

i was pretty sure vike was right, just too lazy to do my own research.

The Pumper
08-03-2008, 05:47 PM
I dont start for another month. Yay for college lol

applesauce
08-03-2008, 07:24 PM
back on topic, i striped that hex screw in the bottom of my regulator, and unless someone can tell me how to get it off otherwise, i think i have to buy a new one...as well as a BN 16 ring for the back of my bolt, and a new trigger switch (bad wires)....all in all a successful cleaning!!

Paradox313
08-03-2008, 07:40 PM
back on topic, i striped that hex screw in the bottom of my regulator, and unless someone can tell me how to get it off otherwise, i think i have to buy a new one...as well as a BN 16 ring for the back of my bolt, and a new trigger switch (bad wires)....all in all a successful cleaning!!

?? Which reg did you strip? Take it into a tech. I'm sure they can figure out how.

vikingshadow
08-04-2008, 04:49 AM
Do you mean you stripped the part you stick the Allen wrench in?

If so, you might be able to clamp it down (wrapped in leather or cloth to protect it) in a table vice or even a pair of vice grips and twist it that way. Not sure where you'll find a new piece for it, though.

applesauce
08-06-2008, 04:37 PM
yea, i stripped the allen socket, or whatever you want to call it, the broblem from there is getting it apart, i can get the reg off, but in my experience, you need both allen keys in at the same time to get it apart.

vikingshadow
08-06-2008, 06:23 PM
Yeah, that's pretty much right. I wonder, could you cut a slot across the bottom to hold a large flathead screwdriver? That's usually how I do it with the smaller screws that get stripped.

You could try the superglue thing where you glue the wrench in the end. when you get it off, you just use nailpolish remover or superglue remover to melt the superglue away. Don't use too much superglue, though!

Omegara
09-03-2008, 07:26 AM
it's not actually called the hyper 4...look at the dye website, it's just the hyper 3...i have one :)

Paradox313
09-03-2008, 01:14 PM
it's not actually called the hyper 4...look at the dye website, it's just the hyper 3...i have one :)

Tomatoe, Tomatoe

No matter how you say it, someone will be wrong...

vikingshadow
09-03-2008, 01:20 PM

Like was said previously, it's the same thing with a different size threaded part. And as I said in my other post (look at the links) THEY were calling it the Hyper 4. I just happened to see it called that, repeated it and was posting links.

By the way, they were calling this the Hyper 4 over on PBN as well. So, I guess if I made an error, it was an error based on bad intel...

shark
09-03-2008, 07:24 PM
Hyper 4 for anything besides SLG, PM8, DM8

Vikes right (he usually is)