PDA

View Full Version : Field Paint

Erlkonig
08-03-2008, 09:35 AM
So yesterday I hit the field and picked up some field paint since everyday except the last sunday of the month is field paint only. I got the bag open and started filling up when I noticed that the shells actually had "FIELD" printed on them...This was not the case last year so I thought it was interesting...

Has this been common place for a long while and my field is just now catching up, or is this a new thing to help differentiate between field and personal paints? I know the field used to use RPS Premium balls with a Yellow/Blue shell and yellow fill with no other marking, The same stuff you could buy for ~$20 a case cheaper at the most local pro-shop. I think the new stuff is still RPS but it has a Orangish/Purple Shell with FIELD across the Orange portion, so there is really no way to smuggle your own in. Not that I did or would, but I am sure it has been done...

shark
08-03-2008, 10:09 AM
I have a local field that does the same thing, they have VA printed over their balls from Procaps. It's just their way of assuring that you only use the field paint because that is the area that they make the most profit on.

slim and shady
08-03-2008, 10:50 AM
I think most corses do that, print the cose name on the ball, so the refd can check quick if you have feild paint its not uncommon at our scenarios to have to open all your pods up and your hopper to show the ref your using feild paint, we use procaps as well.