PDA

View Full Version : So I had my first outing yesterday...

Erlkonig
08-03-2008, 09:26 AM
Bought the season pass for the year and FINALLY made it to the field...

First game started out rough as I have yet to really knock the rust off. Second game was going AWESOME. This fat guy was about to take the hill and tip the flag when I went running for a barricade and *POP!!!* My knee "blew out"...

I hit the ground holding a knee cap that was closer to being behind my knee then in front where it belonged...Now I am just hoping that my season isn't completely done after a game and a half =p

The real kicker is the field is having their "Goonies" scenario game today and they have obtained twin mounted full auto A-5s to put in the turret of the castle...I was really pretty pumped about seeing that beast in action ;-)

slim and shady
08-03-2008, 10:44 AM
Well hopefully you are not done for the season that would suck! Hope you get back to playing soon, we lost one of our teamates yesterday too, he crushed his little finger and it split it down both sides all the way down to the palm and right to the bone his thumbnail was drove sidways and right out the bottom where his fingerprint is. So he will be out for a month and some at best. But regardless hope you have a speedy recovery.

irishwarrior
08-03-2008, 11:50 AM
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
Shady, how's that even possible!?!?!?

Erlkonig, hope your knee starts feeling better, and that you're not permanently out of the game ;).

SpyderMan723
08-03-2008, 02:10 PM
you play at OSG paintball?

slim and shady
08-03-2008, 09:22 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
Shady, how's that even possible!?!?!?

Erlkonig, hope your knee starts feeling better, and that you're not permanently out of the game ;).

Yeah it looks real sick, split both sides right down to the palm, never broke the bone figure that one out. cant remember how many stiches he said it was.

Erlkonig
08-06-2008, 08:07 AM
Thanks Shady and IW =) I am hoping to avoid the surgery route since nothing was broken in X-Rays and it bears weight, but I go to the Orthopaedic guy next week so we will see...

From the sounds of things, I would rather have done what I did to my knee then what your buddy did to his hand...That sounds like it SERIOUSLY sucks =(

Spyderman, I do indeed play at OSG. It is ~15 minutes or so from my house. I love that place. They are great in all aspects.

slim and shady
08-08-2008, 02:09 PM
well let us know how your apointment goes. And yeah he ended up with 26 stitches on his little finger they even sewed the smashed nail back on to help protect it. But let us know how it turns out.

irishwarrior
08-08-2008, 03:54 PM
Yeah, definitely let us know.

Erlkonig
08-15-2008, 03:15 AM
Well, things are looking fairly hopeful...They drained the fluid and given that it looked to be only 1/3 blood and 2/3 joint fluid they don't think I tore the ACL. So I start physical therapy next week and go back to get it re-checked in 6 weeks.

If all goes well, I am hoping to be able to hit the field in a month or so, then try to cram in as much field time as I can between then and the field closing for the season :D

I hope your mates thumb heals well, I get a bit of the shivers just thinking about that one :eek:

irishwarrior
08-15-2008, 07:56 AM
That's good to hear Erlkonig

Erlkonig
10-12-2008, 04:41 PM
Finally got back out onto the field and things went quite well...I played pretty carefully as I was nervous I would wind up limping out again. The upside to this is that I took a little more time and found MUCH better spots to hole up. Places I could provide great cover fire but was almost untouchable for the other team...It also gave me some great angles to tear through defenders from the side since they were worried about the front. I would fire, pick off one or two or drive someone into hiding. Then duck down and wait a couple minutes until they forgot about me then do it all over again =)

Man, I love this game =)