PDA

View Full Version : Battery Trouble? TriggeR?

majorissuez99
08-02-2008, 01:41 PM
So im having another trouble with my MR-2
Ive tested with Air, CO2, with paintballs, without paintballs. Same trouble.
When i shoot faster then 3 bps(aprox) on semi (always on full) it will shoot the first 1-2 shots then just do the electronic click as if the motor isnt getting enough power to shoot again. The bolt always recocks properly though and its cocked and ready while its clicking.

I thought this may be a problem with the battery as i may have overcharged it by about 4-5 hours once. Would this possibly be the cause or any other suggestions?

slim and shady
08-02-2008, 07:18 PM
It might be your battery esiest way to see is buy a new one and throw it in and see. Never hurts to have a spare anyway. But you said that it would still click, it just wasnt tripping the marker to shoot correct? Try a bat and let us know. Im thinking it may not have the juice to trip the sear.

Edit: another thing you should do is just take the trigger frame off and take a look and make sure there is no visble debry or anything that copuld be preventing fluint movment by the parts.

sneekypete
08-02-2008, 10:08 PM
An other thing to check is sometime if you tighten the grip too much it interferes with the solniod (sp) or something maybe stuck on the inside of the grip where there is a space cut out for the solniod.

chrisjb82
08-03-2008, 06:51 AM
I had that same problem when I was out playing a couple of months ago. It would click but not trip the sear. I don't really know what I did to fix it, maybe like what sneekypete said and the grip was to tight. I took the whole frame apart and put it back together and then it worked. I don't think that you can really overcharge the battery. I think the charger has a timer or something like that to prevent that. I could be totally wrong about that but that what I think. Try taking apart the grip and and the wire connections and put it all back together and see if that works and if not try getting a new battery like slim said.

dangerous_encounter
08-03-2008, 08:44 AM
i had a similar problem but i was told to cock the gun with out air, and to leave it over night cocked, they told me it was because the spring was too tense or something, but it worked for me so u never know:D

majorissuez99
08-05-2008, 05:58 PM
So before i went and dropped 30$ on a new battery i thought id test the voltageof the old....
It reads at 11.7 Volts steady tested on two voltmeters. Vs 9.3 of a regular 9volt battery?
Isnt it supposed to be 9.6?

What does this mean ? :P

that the gun is getting too much voltage??
if so why would that affect firing
Also the solnoid is only sometimes pushing the bolt latch thing the rest of the time it just smacks against it and bounces back

sneekypete
08-05-2008, 06:01 PM
Sorry man I know nothing

slim and shady
08-05-2008, 06:03 PM
I dont think that is what your problem is, lots of batteries (for example a 12 volt car battery) reads higher then the volt that it is supposed to be. Did you take the frame off of the gun take your grips off look at the selenoid and check for debrie in there or around your trigger assembly sear ect?

majorissuez99
08-05-2008, 06:08 PM
yeah i took everything apart cleaned the trigger ect.
no luck. tried firing without the grips... nothin. So is the only hope the battery ?

slim and shady
08-05-2008, 06:09 PM
you said the marker would click (the selinoid clicks) but not trip the sear?
so you have a spring kit?

majorissuez99
08-05-2008, 06:12 PM
it trips the sear in the first 1 or two shots then clicks abunch and sometimes trips it once of twice after when holding the trigger for 3 seconds.
I have a spring kit for my xtra(same springs right?)

slim and shady
08-05-2008, 06:15 PM
the xtra springs are the same i want you to put a weaker spring in there just out of curiosity and just see what it does. also how high is your velocity turned up? Try the weeker spring and let me know.

majorissuez99
08-05-2008, 06:25 PM
okay the weaker spring did some good. but its not working 100%
id deffinatly is tripping the sear more. But still skipping at least 1-2 time per 2 seconds of firing.

i also tried with velocity on very low and high

slim and shady
08-05-2008, 06:35 PM
:confused: Sorry to say this, the only thig that I could think it to be then is the battery. do one of your friends have one that you could barrow to try? Also watch the BST's here lots of people sell new 9.6 on there for cheep.

majorissuez99
08-05-2008, 06:39 PM
Yeah i guess thats what ill do.
Thanks alot shady. You do an amazing job helping everyone on the forums.
Thanks!

slim and shady
08-05-2008, 06:41 PM

majorissuez99
08-16-2008, 08:37 AM
So i got a new battery....with my bt-16 apex for $28:cool:

everything seems fine now
thanks alot guys!

slim and shady
08-16-2008, 12:25 PM
Im glad that it solved the problem, one to remember for future questions.