PDA

View Full Version : MY New gun this time... Haha

codymm1014
08-01-2008, 07:06 PM
Alright so I finally got some a pic of my gun today. This one is my gun, and is on the way out soon. Gun shoots really nice though, almost wish I would keep it. I know we got some DP haters in the pic threads, so lets keep the bashing to a minimum.
http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o137/Codymm1014/Threshold-1.jpg

The Pumper
08-01-2008, 07:10 PM
Why you trading it?
And what you gettin for it?

codymm1014
08-01-2008, 07:16 PM
Why you trading it?
And what you gettin for it?

Like you said before, Im a gun whore :p

Im setting up a deal on PBN right now to sell it. Not telling what Im getting till I get it. Gotta keep some suspense.

Modded-Like-Hell
08-01-2008, 07:18 PM
oh man green! not a big fan of green but ill pm you with a price

The Pumper
08-01-2008, 07:19 PM
Wheres this green you speak of?

I used to be a gun whore.
but now that I actually have to have money for a car and college...I calmed down on it.

DFSniper
08-01-2008, 07:24 PM
lol, i was a constant modder, until i got to college... then i got a car...

not digging the bronze...

Modded-Like-Hell
08-01-2008, 07:25 PM
on my screen it looks green ill swap it to my secondary monitor

XSiv Force
all the mods im currently able to do are pvc and wood related

back on topic nice gun too bad its going

The Pumper
Cars/college eat money like its nothing.

I'd start setting aside a jar for college or car money, Cody. You'll thank me.

codymm1014
08-01-2008, 07:32 PM
oh man green! not a big fan of green but ill pm you with a price
huh? :confused:

Wheres this green you speak of?

I used to be a gun whore.
but now that I actually have to have money for a car and college...I calmed down on it.
Yea Im starting to save for a car right now.

lol, i was a constant modder, until i got to college... then i got a car...

not digging the bronze...
Bronze? Something is wrong with your alls computers... In real life its like a dark earth brown and black

on my screen it looks green ill swap it to my secondary monitor
try that

all the mods im currently able to do are pvc and wood related

back on topic nice gun too bad its going
Thanks!

Cars/college eat money like its nothing.

I'd start setting aside a jar for college or car money, Cody. You'll thank me.
Haha, I already am. Jar for all the spare change already. Got some cash, and Im going cheap on my first car. As long as it drives I don't really care. And I dont think it will be a problem to afford buying one. I can make 150 a week just buying and selling, if not more, some just a couple months of that, and I can get a car.

The Pumper
08-01-2008, 07:34 PM
I said if it runs i dont care too.
Now, its not so delightful. Prepare to buy alot of parts for it. I've had mine since october and I'm still buying stuff for it. Right now, its a 5 dollar oil plug. :D

But ya, it looks bronze due to camera flash.

codymm1014
08-01-2008, 07:36 PM
hmm thats weird.

And yea, I am actually going to buy a car as a somewhat project/restore to do with my pops.

DFSniper
08-01-2008, 07:37 PM
brown, bronze,whats the diff... its shiny...

i like how you said "as long as it runs." you'll say that, and then the repair bills start coming in. i had to get a $300 part replaced 2-3 months after i got my car (an '01), and i'm looking at at least another $500 in repairs/maintenance right now. and i hope you dont mean that literally. look at all the POS cars people drive here in kentucky...

XSiv Force
08-01-2008, 07:40 PM
Duct Tape Fixes All!!!!!!!

The Pumper
08-01-2008, 07:41 PM
Duct tape wont hold 5 quarts of oil.
If it does, send me 10 roles of duct tape.

DFSniper
08-01-2008, 07:41 PM
:D guess whats holding the hole in my rear bumper together ATM... definitely NOT bondo!

The Pumper
08-01-2008, 07:42 PM
super glue lol

XSiv Force
08-01-2008, 07:42 PM
Actuall if you flip over to my what cha driven thread and see my car....i got an oil leak and used duct tape tp drive from 20 miles north of atlanta to mongomery

but can we leave this thread so as to not make it any more offtopic

Modded-Like-Hell
08-01-2008, 07:46 PM
damn ur making me jealous talking about cars, i ran mine in to a telephone pole 3 weeks ago and i had to junk it because it was consider totaled

codymm1014
08-01-2008, 08:11 PM
lol on all this car talk. And yea DF- the cars here in KY suck. lol. but whatever about the car. I dont want to think I may have to sell my gear to get a car. haha

Modded-Like-Hell
08-01-2008, 08:28 PM
damn that sucks you cant just work and buy one off the money you make a week?

Modded-Like-Hell
08-01-2008, 08:34 PM
might have to make a thread called "PAYPAL codymm1014 25 cents" and by a car off that money.... 13,300 forum members X 25 cents = $3325

codymm1014
08-01-2008, 08:39 PM
haha I like the idea. I would get a job, but Im 15, summer just ended, I play JV basketball so no job during school, but I will work next summer, but I will already be 16. So whatever

XSiv Force
08-01-2008, 08:42 PM
that would work but there is not even a 1/4 of that active :D

Modded-Like-Hell
08-01-2008, 08:57 PM
true active you will would get like 250 dollars or something... you know what send me the money ill make the thread called "PAYPAL modded-like-hell 25 cents" to help get me that karnivor i want....

xsvly-fat
08-01-2008, 09:05 PM
Looks nice, I like the brownish color, I hear they're really nice but I've never used one

bigred76
08-01-2008, 11:32 PM
I didn't like my Threshy... shot like a tank. Really purty markers though! You'll never find a gun as well milled as the Threshold, it's one thing DP did right! These are a few pictures of mine when Taco had it, just to show what the actual green version looks like... So those who were/are confused won't be anymore.

http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa18/muddytaco2/DSC04387.jpg

http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa18/muddytaco2/DSC04394.jpg

TheDarkShadow
08-02-2008, 06:04 AM
nice threshold, except for being **** brown

pb34
08-02-2008, 06:43 AM
haha I like the idea. I would get a job, but Im 15, summer just ended, I play JV basketball so no job during school, but I will work next summer, but I will already be 16. So whatever

You can't fit in a job playing JV basketball? Seems weird, I know I've got time to work playing varsity hockey so I'm sure if you tried you could figure something out.

Anywho, I love the look of the threshy, never shot one tho. Nice pickup can't wait to see what's next.

irishwarrior
08-02-2008, 07:22 AM
Those are both beautiful!

DFSniper
08-02-2008, 11:23 AM
tim, you had a threshy??

cody, when you turn 16, try to find a job. even if you only work 20 hours a week @ minimum wage, thats still $400 a month. and if you work full time during the summer, thats twice that much.

Modded-Like-Hell
08-02-2008, 11:31 AM
$400 a month? how much do u guys make? and i thought making $600 a week was bad

DFSniper
08-02-2008, 11:42 AM
national minimum wage is $6.55 before taxes, and about $5 after, kentucky has a relatively low cost of living, but their taxes suck... working a 73 hour paycheck (due to 30 min. lunch breaks in a 40 hour week), i lose 21% of my paycheck to taxes, so... $5.17 after taxes. i make barely enough to pay for gas and insurance, and my student loan money is running out. so right now i make less than $200 a week, and once classes start, it'll be half that.

Modded-Like-Hell
08-02-2008, 11:46 AM
i guess then im fortunate, but still when i was 16 i still made a little over $300 a week during the summer

codymm1014
08-02-2008, 11:58 AM
nice threshold, except for being **** brown
Thanks I guess... Haha

You can't fit in a job playing JV basketball? Seems weird, I know I've got time to work playing varsity hockey so I'm sure if you tried you could figure something out.

Anywho, I love the look of the threshy, never shot one tho. Nice pickup can't wait to see what's next.
Well I got school till 3:15, then I got two hours, then I have to leave to go back at school, and have practice at around 5:30 till about 7:00. Get home at around 7:15 and eat dinner and take a shower and its 8. Not much time to work after that.

Those are both beautiful!
Thank!

tim, you had a threshy??

cody, when you turn 16, try to find a job. even if you only work 20 hours a week @ minimum wage, thats still $400 a month. and if you work full time during the summer, thats twice that much.
Yep, thats what Im going to do.

$400 a month? how much do u guys make? and i thought making $600 a week was bad
What job do you have? Dang...

national minimum wage is $6.55 before taxes, and about $5 after, kentucky has a relatively low cost of living, but their taxes suck... working a 73 hour paycheck (due to 30 min. lunch breaks in a 40 hour week), i lose 21% of my paycheck to taxes, so... $5.17 after taxes. i make barely enough to pay for gas and insurance, and my student loan money is running out. so right now i make less than $200 a week, and once classes start, it'll be half that.
Ouch. How old are you DF?

i guess then im fortunate, but still when i was 16 i still made a little over $300 a week during the summer
You got a heck of a job then.

DFSniper
08-02-2008, 12:06 PM
i'll be 20 next month. but i'm just flipping burgers to hold me over til the end of the school year, then i'm transferring out of this state, hopefully. worst case scenario, im stuck in louisville for two years til i get my bachelor's.

codymm1014
08-02-2008, 02:49 PM
Where are you trying to move to? I take it you dont like KY? Haha

DFSniper
08-02-2008, 02:57 PM
ive been here a year and cant STAND kentucky. i thought north carolina was ghetto... nobody does anything around here except drink, smoke, and get themselves arrested and/or shot.

i'll probably try to transfer to colorado state, university of fairbanks, or maybe even georgia southern or georgia tech.

Modded-Like-Hell
08-02-2008, 03:09 PM
i run my father's family business. We Paint Houses

Oscum Guy
08-02-2008, 04:00 PM
cant get over how sick the milling is

codymm1014
08-02-2008, 04:28 PM
ive been here a year and cant STAND kentucky. i thought north carolina was ghetto... nobody does anything around here except drink, smoke, and get themselves arrested and/or shot.

i'll probably try to transfer to colorado state, university of fairbanks, or maybe even georgia southern or georgia tech.
Haha, well i dont know if thats bad, but you know it is kinda ghetto, especially the downtown parts in louisville and lexington. I used to live in Phoenix and I really want to move back there.

i run my father's family business. We Paint Houses
No taxing FTW

cant get over how sick the milling is
This is one of the most beautiful looking markers Ive ever seen. The milling is perfect, like no imperfections at all.

DFSniper
08-02-2008, 05:03 PM
ugh, i hate downtown louisville. not a big fan of cities to begin with, but louisville is just bad. and on top of that, i get claustrophobic just DRIVING around. but i guess thats because i've lived in small towns and suburbs my whole life.

codymm1014
08-02-2008, 08:04 PM
ugh, i hate downtown louisville. not a big fan of cities to begin with, but louisville is just bad. and on top of that, i get claustrophobic just DRIVING around. but i guess thats because i've lived in small towns and suburbs my whole life.

Really? I love love big cities. I want to move to Louisville or Cincinnati, but thats cause I'm used to Phoenix, which is like 5x the size of Louisville.

Modded-Like-Hell
08-02-2008, 10:21 PM
naw they get paid my father throws them in with all the other taxes we pay for are business at the end of the year.

nastystankweed
08-03-2008, 04:55 PM
nice gun but they shoot ssssooooo bad looks good though cant wait to see what ur getting for it. I make 65 quetzales a day and its a 7hour shift and the exchange rate is 7.60 quetzales(local currency) for 1 US dollar. I owe my dad 1,600 dollars from my air tank my pm8 m magna and some other stuff. I am never going to get out of this det.

codymm1014
08-04-2008, 12:29 PM
You shot a Threshold and you thought it shot horrible? Why? I honestly dont know why everyone complains about it.

The Pumper
08-04-2008, 12:30 PM
Not sure why'd you make your dad buy a pm8 which you CLEARLY do not need. Pretty much a waste of money.

But I like the way thresy's shoot.

Ace24
08-04-2008, 02:13 PM
You shot a Threshold and you thought it shot horrible? Why? I honestly dont know why everyone complains about it.

Because the dump system on the gun is too rough. It's like shooting a tank.

The G3 is the smaller, more improved version of it. They realized they had way too long of a gun for what they needed and cut it in half.

It does feel horrible compared to other markers.

codymm1014
08-04-2008, 02:56 PM
The shoot rough? I think it shoots pretty smooth. To me it shoots close to a Marq. And the length? Psshhh, its no longer than any other higher end gun that Ive shot. The length of the chamber gives it much better efficiency too.

Just my personal opinion. I love the gun, and I think its really comfortable. But different strokes for different folks.

codymm1014
08-04-2008, 07:01 PM
Alright so it looks like the team I am on is going to be sponsored by Dangerous Power. To hold myself over until their new Rev-I comes out, should I
A. Keep Threshy
B. Sell Threshy, buy G3 at sponsor price
C. Sell Threshy, buy F8 at sponsor price

And like I said, this is to hold me over till I can get my hands on one of those new Rev-Is. Cant wait till they come out.

TheDarkShadow
08-04-2008, 07:04 PM
B.

nastystankweed
08-06-2008, 02:04 PM
Not sure why'd you make your dad buy a pm8 which you CLEARLY do not need. Pretty much a waste of money.

But I like the way thresy's shoot.

Is it any of youre buissness???:cool:

Oh do you now what happens when you assume? dont tell me its a waist if you dont now anything, how bout if u dont have anything nice to say dont say it at all:pwnd: :pwnd: :pwnd:

I play in the preofessional league down here thats why and ive paid him back about 800. Plus Im going to the worldcup too.;)

Deff go with B. The threshy is nice and it doesnt shoot that bad but, the g3 is alot lighter and smoother. Pretty cool you guys are sponsored by DP. They make sweet products, My cousin has an f8 and it looks super sweet and shoots pretty good. The only problem of the f8 is that its spring return hammer. Id go with the g3 over the f8.

codymm1014
08-06-2008, 05:41 PM
Well we are not officially sponsored yet, still talking back and forth with another company. I think I am going to get the G3 for the sake of upgradeablity, but I still am going to get the Rev-I when it comes out. lol. World cup is too long away for me to wait for it though. haha.

Ace24
08-06-2008, 06:19 PM
Youre from Guate-****hole.
Shut up.

Go to a real country why dont ya?

Watch your tongue. :mad:

The Thresh and the G3 are the same gun, but the G3 is a shorter bolt system. Not shorter gun. The shorter dump valve system works more efficient, smoother, and responds in less recoil. I'd do B, trade her in for the G3.

DFSniper
08-06-2008, 06:36 PM
i'd get the g3 too.

nastystankweed
08-06-2008, 07:52 PM
Not cool pumper we never stoop down that low on SOC. Maybe you should head on over to pbnation. Yes I am Guatemalan and proud we are a real country you can look it up if you are to ignorant to now its a REAL country.
This is my last post I refuse to stoop down as low as you.

I got hands on with the g3 its really nice definitely go with it I cant stress it enough. How much do they sell em to ya for if ya dont mind me asking?

Modded-Like-Hell
08-06-2008, 08:25 PM
alright man that enough of the babysh*t talk, lets try not to get banned here

codymm1014
08-06-2008, 09:49 PM
Dang everyone calm down. Were on SOC not PBN. haha

Nope cant say how much they sell em for, but my team isnt really sure about it now. lol. They all want different guns. We may just say screw all the sponsorships and all just get Marqs, or who knows. We'll see in the next week what gun I get next.

But for some reason, Im liking my Threshold less. Its just growing old on me. I need a new gun!!

nastystankweed
08-06-2008, 09:58 PM
Very true cody this isnt pbn Im going to guess that they sell em to ya for 275

codymm1014
08-06-2008, 10:10 PM
lets not talk prices or anything lol. no trouble in here.

Ace24
08-06-2008, 11:03 PM
Dang everyone calm down. Were on SOC not PBN. haha

Nope cant say how much they sell em for, but my team isnt really sure about it now. lol. They all want different guns. We may just say screw all the sponsorships and all just get Marqs, or who knows. We'll see in the next week what gun I get next.

But for some reason, Im liking my Threshold less. Its just growing old on me. I need a new gun!!

Why are you even taking the sponsorship if you can just get Marq's that easy?

Marq ftw. :dodgy: (I know people hate Ftw lmao)

codymm1014
08-06-2008, 11:13 PM
lol yea thats what i would rather do, but our captain thinks it would look better if we all had the same guns...

but ima get a marq.

and yes. marqs ftw. lol

Ace24
08-06-2008, 11:47 PM
So all get Marq's :p

bigred76
08-06-2008, 11:51 PM

The shoot rough? I think it shoots pretty smooth. To me it shoots close to a Marq. And the length? Psshhh, its no longer than any other higher end gun that Ive shot. The length of the chamber gives it much better efficiency too.

Just my personal opinion. I love the gun, and I think its really comfortable. But different strokes for different folks.

Lol. Marqs shoot better than Thresholds. Way better! The Threshold I owned wasn't very well taken care of prior to Muddy Taco getting his hands on it, so it was a little rough around the edges, but the internals were fine. That being said... they shoot like tanks. I adjusted the dwell up, lowered the PSI, still shot like a tank even though it should have been smoother. I tweaked and tweaked and tweaked the pressure... still a tank. Nothing can help that gun with it's design. It's just too rough of a design, as Ted said. Now, if it had a smaller dump valve area that had a "ram" per-se attached to a larger bolt face, it would do a lot better. But for what it is right now... tank. Especially after trading my Borg for it! Boy, I made a big ****-up there! I traded that Threshy right off for my current Borg, and haven't regretted that one bit.

Ace24
08-07-2008, 03:03 AM
I still can't believe you got that Borg for your Thresh... :eek:

codymm1014
08-07-2008, 06:38 AM
So all get Marq's :p
yep. lol

Lol. Marqs shoot better than Thresholds. Way better! The Threshold I owned wasn't very well taken care of prior to Muddy Taco getting his hands on it, so it was a little rough around the edges, but the internals were fine. That being said... they shoot like tanks. I adjusted the dwell up, lowered the PSI, still shot like a tank even though it should have been smoother. I tweaked and tweaked and tweaked the pressure... still a tank. Nothing can help that gun with it's design. It's just too rough of a design, as Ted said. Now, if it had a smaller dump valve area that had a "ram" per-se attached to a larger bolt face, it would do a lot better. But for what it is right now... tank. Especially after trading my Borg for it! Boy, I made a big ****-up there! I traded that Threshy right off for my current Borg, and haven't regretted that one bit.

Thats weird. I dont think they shoot that bad. And I never meant to say that shot as god as Marqs, just meant that I think they shoot similarly. Nice trade though.

nastystankweed
08-07-2008, 03:53 PM
that is an awesome trade, Ive never seen a borg or a marq for that matter in person. There isnt a single one of any of em in Guatemala. I actually my little brother lol made a better trade then u red. I traded a 550 dollar ion for a white and gold 07 ego that had only shot 5 cases and was and is in brand new shape.

Muddytaco
08-07-2008, 05:52 PM
I still can't believe you got that Borg for your Thresh... :eek:

why not I did to:p

codymm1014
08-07-2008, 06:07 PM
haha, all this talk about borgs is getting me wanting one. Ive always loved em, and kinda forgot about em.

bigred76
08-07-2008, 09:24 PM
Well... Thresholds are $400-500, just like '06 Borgs are $400-500... straight up trade pretty much. :)

Back when I bought my Borg, though, I got it for $500 with a Pulse and a jersey... that was about a year and a couple months ago, when '06's still sold for about $500-600. ;) I <3 my Borgs, you really should try one! I don't know about shipping to Guatemala, but you should ask TimberTiger about them. He might be able to hook you up, NastyStank!

Cody, Marqs shoot marginally better, but in that range of marker, the finite differences really stand out to me. The Cyborg is ABSOLUTELY the BEST marker in the $400-500 range. Sooooooooo smooth stock, all they need is a decent ASA and barrel, and a PBK trigger. After that... the gun will DRAG YOU down the field mowing faces when the refs say "go." ;)

Ace24
08-07-2008, 09:32 PM
Well... Thresholds are $400-500, just like '06 Borgs are $400-500... straight up trade pretty much. :)

Back when I bought my Borg, though, I got it for $500 with a Pulse and a jersey... that was about a year and a couple months ago, when '06's still sold for about $500-600. ;) I <3 my Borgs, you really should try one! I don't know about shipping to Guatemala, but you should ask TimberTiger about them. He might be able to hook you up, NastyStank!

Cody, Marqs shoot marginally better, but in that range of marker, the finite differences really stand out to me. The Cyborg is ABSOLUTELY the BEST marker in the $400-500 range. Sooooooooo smooth stock, all they need is a decent ASA and barrel, and a PBK trigger. After that... the gun will DRAG YOU down the field mowing faces when the refs say "go." ;)

No Threshold is worth that much... Thats retarded.

Marqs shoot WAY better then Thresholds... marginally? Stop comparing everything to your Borg hahaha.

bigred76
08-07-2008, 09:38 PM
I said "the Cyborg..." Not "my Cyborg..." This time... :D

codymm1014
08-07-2008, 09:45 PM
No Threshold is worth that much... Thats retarded.

Marqs shoot WAY better then Thresholds... marginally? Stop comparing everything to your Borg hahaha.

Well technically ny resale market right now, they are worth *roughly* the same. But I have used Marqs extensively before, and I think they are much better than Thresholds.

I said "the Cyborg..." Not "my Cyborg..." This time... :D

Haha. Im trying so hard to pick one up, but theres not many on the market right now.

bigred76
08-07-2008, 10:06 PM
Give it a couple weeks, you'll find a good one. :) If I didn't love my current Borg and know that I'd miss it if I traded it for a Threshold, I'd help ya out... but I aint dumb enough to make the same mistake twice! :crazy:

codymm1014
08-07-2008, 10:18 PM
Haha thanks. Well right now Im even offering a good bit to add, and noone seems to want a threshold at all. it sucks.

Ace24
08-07-2008, 10:20 PM
Well technically ny resale market right now, they are worth *roughly* the same. But I have used Marqs extensively before, and I think they are much better than Thresholds.

I meant in the sense that they shouldn't be worth that haha.

codymm1014
08-07-2008, 10:35 PM
yea definately true. Its ridiculous how cheap they go for now. I was about to pick up a pro owned one for 360