PDA

View Full Version : Spyder MR1 & Rain = ?

glenlevy
08-01-2008, 06:42 AM
Hello again all:

Just a quick question. I am finally going to get to test my MR1 in the field (So far ive only used it at the range), and it does figure that when I planning on playing (tomorrow), it is supposed to be Scattered Thunderstorms all day. And unfortunately there are no indoor fields anywhere near me.

Is it ok to play Paint ball (outdoor, mainly woodsball) with the MR1, while it is raining?

I know the gun is not electric so I don't need to worry about circuitry or anything, but could anything else go wrong?

Thank you in advance.
Glen

vikingshadow
08-01-2008, 06:54 AM
Nothing should go wrong. Make sure to keep your paint dry. If you don't, it'll probably swell and you'll probably get dive bombs and wingers...

If you're really concerned, wrap your barrel with some plastic wrap.

I love playing in the rain, personally. It's a whole new experience, plus it's a LOT cooler out!

glenlevy
08-01-2008, 07:00 AM
Awesome, I cant wait to go.

Pardon my ignorance but what is "Dive Bombs and Wingers"? Does that mean that the balls would swell and wont fly far and straight?

Thanks again,
Glen

XSiv Force
08-01-2008, 07:57 AM
he means they curve up or down hence being called dive bombers

but the rain should not effect a mechanical gun

irishwarrior
08-01-2008, 08:17 AM
I've played with mine in the rain without any problems, but like Vike said you really need to protect the paint as the water can also weaken the shell and cause barrel and bolt breaks.

Ace24
08-01-2008, 08:22 AM
Nothing should go wrong. Make sure to keep your paint dry. If you don't, it'll probably swell and you'll probably get dive bombs and wingers...

If you're really concerned, wrap your barrel with some plastic wrap.

I love playing in the rain, personally. It's a whole new experience, plus it's a LOT cooler out!

We did that in the OSC... the turf was so slippery though haha. Makes things a whole lot more difficult.

Personally, scenarios in the rain add to the realism for me, and I've never had any problems with my MR1 and rain. Make sure you have a lid if you have a speedfeed though. Great way to ruin your hopper and paint.

vikingshadow
08-01-2008, 08:43 AM
Dive bombs = paint flys straight then drops down suddenly. Usually caused by top/forward spin.

Wingers = paint flies left or right/curves and you can't seem to hit anyone because of it. (Think baseball.)

Of course, bad paint can cause this as well - swollen or lopsided, or just balls that have broken paint on them do this as well...

sneekypete
08-01-2008, 10:16 AM
Me and Slim played at YGP for their last senario and it poured on us and we were both using our MR2 with no problem so you should have no problems. Like everybody says keep the paint dry. Have fun

glenlevy
08-01-2008, 10:26 AM
This is great news!

No special hopper here, just the normal gravity fed hoper (with cover), and pods with covers also, so it shouldnt be a problem, im sure i can manage to keep the paint dry.

I confirmed my friends are in as well for tomorrow, one has an MR1 like me, and the other has a Spyder Pilot ACS.

Cant wait to go, will let eveyone know how it was tomorrow evening.

Thanks again all.
Glen

sneekypete
08-01-2008, 10:34 AM
Sound great hope you have alot of fun

glenlevy
08-04-2008, 06:59 AM
Well, went this past Saturday, and got completely drenched. It was AWESOME!. I kept the paint dry, and the gun worked perfectly, no problems at all. And playing in this types of weather added so much to the fields, being able to slide and dive on the fields. It was just a fantastic time.

Overall I rate the day an A++.

Thanks again all for the help.

-Glen

Mattbur
08-19-2008, 09:28 PM
hehhee, hope u have thermals