PDA

View Full Version : MR1 Pump questions

paintballkid0206
07-31-2008, 11:18 AM
I looked at Vike's spump site cuz i was thinkin abotu droppin my MG34 project and makin my MR1 pump. but there's a problem. like it says on the site, the kit that he's using (and that i will probably get. or atleast something like it) screws into the VA, well.. my MR1 doesnt have a VA, just the reservoir plug. i'm 99% sure that a VA could replace the reservoir plug, and a could just get an expansion chamber or something, but i was wondering if i would still have the kit on there without having to buy the VA+expansion chamber. or do i just have to fork out the extra cash to get a VA?

The Pumper
07-31-2008, 11:37 AM
Why not just get a different pump and use that as a semi or continue your project?

vikingshadow
07-31-2008, 12:00 PM
I don't know much about the MR but couldn't you just screw it right into that reservoir plug you mentioned? Or is it a pretty small plug?

paintballkid0206
07-31-2008, 12:30 PM
Why not just get a different pump and use that as a semi or continue your project?

answer: customization. i have never upped a marker or changed it really in any way, and i gotta start somewhere. there's many more reasons that i want to, but i dont feel like typing them. lol.

it doesnt screw in. you just insert the plug and spring/valve pin assembly thing and then put a screw in to hold it in. (i'll post some pics soon).

*Note: i took the VA off of my Pilot and tried to put it on my MR1, but the screw holes dont allign and i think the springs are different sizes.

*Note2: link- This is the kit i'm looking at (http://www.directpaintball.com/Vendetta-Autococker-Basic-Pump-Kit-P20077.aspx)

DFSniper
07-31-2008, 12:44 PM
yeah, vike, the plug is held in by one screw on the bottom like VAs are. i would get a pvc pipe and slide it over the barrel, and go from there.

paintballkid0206
07-31-2008, 01:01 PM
yeah, vike, the plug is held in by one screw on the bottom like VAs are. i would get a pvc pipe and slide it over the barrel, and go from there.

like, instead of getting a kit, goin the ghetto way? like takin a pvc for the grip, and running a rod of some kind back to the bolt?

and pics...

my MR1 reservoir plug
http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb66/paintballkid0206/100_2123Small.jpg

both my MR1 plug and my Pilot VA
http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb66/paintballkid0206/100_2120Small.jpg

DFSniper
07-31-2008, 01:21 PM
yeah. but even if you dont want to do it the ghetto way, you could always get a phantom pump handle.

XSiv Force
07-31-2008, 01:23 PM
i think you are looking into a very expensive project with this one

vikingshadow
07-31-2008, 02:59 PM
Not necessarily.

If you could flatten the front of the reservoir, then it might be possible to drill and tap it so that you could fasten a flat piece of aluminum to it. Then you could bolt am undercocking kit to it.

paintballkid0206
07-31-2008, 04:28 PM
the front of the reservoir is pretty flat already.

would i be able to just buy like a phhantom handle like DFS said, and go to a hardware store and buy like a steel rod that i can run back to the bolt? and would i need the spring and stuff? i'm thinkin i would..

another option would be to get the kit, and i have a little plug thing that, when the reservoir is wrapped with a little bit of electrical tape, will fit VERY tight (after i tried to put it on, i had to put it in a table vice to get it off!). idk, maybe i could drill a hole in the front of the plug thing just big enough for the pump guide to fit thru, and the bigger section at the end will stop it from going all the way thru. i could secure it in some way and it would be snug. i could just run everything else like normal (i like this idea the most!)

vikingshadow
07-31-2008, 04:33 PM
That last idea sounds the best to me. Depending on the kit or what you do, you may or may not have to buy the rod. The "spring and stuff" is up to you - I personally changed the spring in mine to a more stiff one. Some people like them without a spring.

paintballkid0206
07-31-2008, 04:45 PM
i'm prolly gonna get a vendetta kit LINK (http://www.directpaintball.com/Vendetta-Autococker-Basic-Pump-Kit-P20077.aspx). the plug thing is made or pretty heavy duty plastic and would be easy to drill a hole in, but hard enough not to break easily. it will possibly look kinda weird, but it will be functional. i think i'm gonna go with this idea.

DFSniper
07-31-2008, 05:56 PM
for the rod, if you're going to put one on each side, you can get a $5 gun cleaning kit and use the 3 piece cleaning rod.

if you're going to get the vendetta, i would suggest either drilling and threading the plug to fit (may be a little hard) or just cutting the threads off and welding/JBWelding the pump handle guide to the plug.