PDA

View Full Version : How do I slow down my Spyder Pilot ACS?

bobthekochka
03-02-2006, 02:01 AM
I am making an indoor paintball field that has a lot of close range shooting. I tested some Spyder Pilot ACS markers (and they are great, almost never break balls). But the velocity is way to high for close range playing. If I change the springs with the 32 Degrees Spyder 9-Piece Spring kit will this alone enable me to have enough adjustment to slow the velocity down? Or do I have to do something with the regulator or change the regulator too etc? I would like to get the velocity down to the minimum that will allow the marker to operate correctly and the balls will still break!

ooglieboogliebob
03-02-2006, 02:47 AM
well for the velocity to go down put a hard valve spring and soft mainspring... and then work from there ... And if you do have a regulator .. maybe you would want to turn it down. But i would just say to keep the FPS unless your field doesn't allow it

bobthekochka
03-02-2006, 09:49 AM
Thanks :-) I will try the 32 degrees Spyder 9-Piece Spring Kit. Its our field, so we can set the FPS, but we are trying to get a normal new players to play so we need to slow it down so it doesn't hurt so much (many of the shots are near point-blank range). Is this the spring kit you recommend or the Shocktech? If in order to slow it down more we need a new regulator, any recommendations?

Thanks!~!

ooglieboogliebob
03-02-2006, 02:24 PM
32 degrees spring kit is probably the best one ...
If it's a regulator i'd probably go with the boblong torpedo since it does well with co2 and hpa. Your gonna need to replace quite a few things though then ... if your intrested let me know