PDA

View Full Version : Update on the pump

vikingshadow
07-30-2008, 12:16 PM
I was going to save it for the SOTY but I was happy with the upgrades I got and just had to share.

First of all, the pics aren't all that great - it was too dark inside, and too bright outside to take good ones...and nickel/chrome is hard to get pics of. I'll try to get better ones when the sun goes down.

Ok, now for the goodies -

(New)
Nickel CP Gas Thru foregrip
Dark Blue Dark Seoul grips
Silver Unimount
blue macroline (from Hobbyhorse)

I drilled out the holes in the VA and polished the crap out of it 0 it has a mirror finish now and matches the nickel much better.

(old)
Dye .45 Spyder single trigger frame
PMP pump kit
Chrome Freak back with AA front
modified valve pin
Icon VA modified (drilled out the holes as big as I could to be higher flowing)polished to mirror shine so it matches better
modified striker
modified bolt

All I have left to get is a 90* fitting (might go with Hobbyhorse's colored fittings) and a feedtube from Wevo.

Here's what it used to look like:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v402/vikingshadow/spyderpump001.jpg

Here are the updated pics:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v402/vikingshadow/gripsandgasthruandasa1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v402/vikingshadow/gripsandgasthruandasa3.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v402/vikingshadow/gripsandgasthruandasa4.jpg

XSiv Force
07-30-2008, 12:20 PM
i think i just pood my self :D love it

STRIKEFIRST
07-30-2008, 12:39 PM
SO hoooot want to touch the hinnney.........:ooo:

druid
07-30-2008, 01:24 PM
I like it but I have to say I'm not a fan of how the rod links into the bolt (I'm speakin "in general"...not specifically about your marker)

There's GOTTA be a better way to do that....

battlechaser
07-30-2008, 01:37 PM
That gun is sex. :)

vikingshadow
07-30-2008, 02:34 PM
I understand what you're saying, Druid. I was really debating how to do this part of the mod, but didn't want to do the back block thing as I think they look clunky and out of place. Really though, it's very sturdy and doesn't seem to get bound up any. Oh, well. It's too late to do anything about it now....:)

Thanks, everyone! I was really worried about the grips, but they came out really well I think.

DFSniper
07-30-2008, 02:40 PM
i have to agree with druid. i think it wouldve looked better if the rod were "hidden" on the other side of the body since in photogenic terms, that side has always been the "good side" of paintball guns (yet it bugs me that BL has their gauges on the "back" side, which only works if you're left handed...)

Ace24
07-30-2008, 06:00 PM
Very nice.

Why does the trigger look so far forward though?

TheDarkShadow
07-30-2008, 06:39 PM
keeps looking better and better

bigred76
07-30-2008, 08:21 PM
Very nice.

Why does the trigger look so far forward though?

Because that's how DYE swing trigger frames look. ;)

Looks good! We'll all have to wait for that guy on PBN to finish out his Spump mod so we can see how he's making it without the external rod! :)

druid
07-31-2008, 01:46 AM
lemme ask this....

in between the top and bottom tubes is a thickness of solid aluminum.

Do you think a machinist could drill say...a 2mm hole from front (like right above the VA) - to the to back in that space? That way a hooked arm could be inserted from the back and hook into the bolt...yet get screwed into the pump arm?

just a thought.....

vikingshadow
07-31-2008, 04:42 AM
That's possible. The only difficulty I see would be getting a hook to attach to the bottom of the bolt through that small hole. I guess one could drill an oval shaped hole so that once the rod is inserted, it could be turned and the hook would attach to the bolt.

Definitely above and beyond my capabilities with the tools I have, though. It'd be interesting to try. If I had an extra spyder body I might try...

TheDarkShadow
07-31-2008, 05:33 AM
That's possible. The only difficulty I see would be getting a hook to attach to the bottom of the bolt through that small hole. I guess one could drill an oval shaped hole so that once the rod is inserted, it could be turned and the hook would attach to the bolt.

Definitely above and beyond my capabilities with the tools I have, though. It'd be interesting to try. If I had an extra spyder body I might try...

what about that Icon body you had?

vikingshadow
07-31-2008, 06:14 AM
The Icon body is pretty much ruined because I drilled too far forwards in the lower tube. Also, the thing I noticed with the Icon is that the aluminum is HARD. I mean, it was difficult to dril. The aluminum Kingman uses is nice and soft and would be perfect for that.

The Pumper
07-31-2008, 11:09 AM
pretty nice Vike.

Thats sweet.

vikingshadow
07-31-2008, 11:53 AM
Thanks! I'm pretty pleased. It's clean, it's comfy and it's fun to shoot. I actually solved some of the shooting issues it had - got it up to 220 fps yesterday (with the enlarged air holes in the VA! Just need to mess with the springs a bit now. I'd be happy with a consistant 280 fps.

Ok, here's the tough question - what do you guys suggest I do to it now?

DFSniper
07-31-2008, 12:51 PM
druid, i had almost the same idea a minute ago and actually came to post it:

if you look at the karni cocker, it has the little (skid? the name escapes me) between the tubes. if you milled the body right (thats where druid's machinist comes in) you could mount the arm to the slider, eliminating the bend in the pump arm.

battlechaser
07-31-2008, 01:33 PM
druid, i had almost the same idea a minute ago and actually came to post it:

if you look at the karni cocker, it has the little (skid? the name escapes me) between the tubes. if you milled the body right (thats where druid's machinist comes in) you could mount the arm to the slider, eliminating the bend in the pump arm.

I think Cmosser on PBN did something like that, drilled the section between the tubes, put a hole in the connecting pin, and connected directly to that.

codymm1014
07-31-2008, 02:28 PM
Yea it should be really easy. Drill out a slot between the two tubes, and DFSniper- its a sled. You can use just about any material for it. If it were me I would just get a piece of delrin and cut a small rectangle out of it, then tap the delrin for the threaded rod of the pump arm. It would look really good that way.

DFSniper
07-31-2008, 02:32 PM
sled, skid, i was close...

but yeah, use a sled because if you mount it directly to the connector pin on the bolt, you risk the chance of your bolt wobbling.

vikingshadow
07-31-2008, 02:37 PM
Hmmmm, interesting. I'm actually seeing the beginning of a plan in my head now. I think it's totally do-able, if what I'm thinking is right.

Now, I just need to think about it and develop it a bit more - and decide what body to do it to. I don't think I'm going to do it to this body, though.

DFSniper
07-31-2008, 02:39 PM
hmm, well, if you WANTED to, you could halfback the sonix and set the sled between the body and the bolt. i think that would be the simplest route. and it would clean up that top tube window too.

Modded-Like-Hell
07-31-2008, 03:52 PM
that a nice gun

vikingshadow
07-31-2008, 04:35 PM
Thank you!