PDA

View Full Version : dive bomb

majorissuez99
07-28-2008, 01:38 AM
Now i have the apex...no not talkin about the dive bomb feature on it.
apex works great...i have it mounted on a J&J 16"
but it seems that with any barrel other then the stock mr-2 one (...Smart parts progressive 14" and the j&j without the apex tip) will cause the balls to just drop as if there is forward spin on the balls.
i checked inside the gun and on both the aftermarket barrels there is a gap/bump between the barrel threads/gun threads . Im wondering if the bump/gap is causing the balls to drop.
im sure the barrels are screwed in all theway

Any thoughts?

ps:with the apex tip everything works great.

slim and shady
07-28-2008, 10:40 AM
I heard somone else saying something like this but I cant remember for the life of me who it was. I would contact kingman if there is a gap neither of my MR2's have a gap with any barrel on it. Maby you got a lemon? Sorry I cant be of more help but here is a few questions.

Do you get alot of barrel breaks?
what paint are you using?
Have you tried other paint?
is there a gap with the stock barrel?

I wont be home for a few days maby a few weeks so it way take some time for me to get back to you though im sure somone will.

irishwarrior
07-28-2008, 11:02 AM
Have you made sure that all the barrels are Spyder-threaded and fit inside the shroud?

PS: Hey Slim, haven't seen you in a while.

slim and shady
07-28-2008, 11:46 AM
^yeah I have bein real bussy it's all I can do to answear all the Pm's and try to help with a few questions quick but im gonna be gone for a wial again now so make sure to answear everyones questions for me!

irishwarrior
07-28-2008, 11:49 AM
Sure thing ;).

Jungsa
07-29-2008, 10:48 AM
it was me complaining about the gap, being about this big []. I called kingman and they returned my call but I was not at home. so I am just playing phone tag with them atm, but they did call me back fast so it is not thier fault on this part :)

slim and shady
07-29-2008, 06:00 PM
Let us all know how it works out, what they said, and if there is supposed to be a gap there. But I doubt that.

majorissuez99
07-31-2008, 11:49 AM
yeah all the barrels are spyder threaded as i have tested them in the Spy. Xtra.
theres no gap in the Xtra.
I use mostly Special Forces balls but have used others such as Nel Splat, Premium, Other random stuff.
No barrel breaks to speak of.
The gap is about 1/4 of a centimeter.
All aftermarket barrel packaging say Spyder on it.(Apex barrel without tip, SP Progressive, J&J ceramics)
The Stock Mr-2 Barrel has no gap inside

so i should contact Kingman on this?

sneekypete
07-31-2008, 12:21 PM
I think this is a shot in the dark but try putting the o-ring from the stock berrel one one of the after market barrels.

slim and shady
07-31-2008, 06:51 PM
I would contact kingman and see what they say about it.

majorissuez99
07-31-2008, 10:25 PM
They emailed me back regarding my issue.
here is the helpful response....

"You would have to talk with the manufacturer of the barrel. Wehave no affiliation with aftermarket products made for our products."

So i guess ill just have to stick with my apex :P
How is it the aftermarket products fault when it works in other spyder guns :confused:

slim and shady
08-01-2008, 03:30 PM
Ask them?