PDA

View Full Version : remote lines

1994dude4444
07-27-2008, 10:51 PM
hi i have a mr1 and im getting a remote line but i saw at a store that theres a tippmann remote line and it only fits tippmanns so is there a spyder remote line or do all lines fit on all markers?

irishwarrior
07-28-2008, 05:58 AM
Tippmann may have a special type of asa... But any remote line will fit on your MR1.

1994dude4444
07-28-2008, 09:48 AM
Tippmann may have a special type of asa... But any remote line will fit on your MR1.

so will a tippmann made remote line fit on my mr1 or no?

paintballkid0206
07-28-2008, 10:05 AM
actionvillage.com

that's where i'm gonna get my remote line. i would reccommend a coiled remote line over the braided steel ones.

irishwarrior
07-28-2008, 10:33 AM
so will a tippmann made remote line fit on my mr1 or no?

No. And I would also recommend the coiled one. If you have a local pb shop like pevs or something they'll have one.

slim and shady
07-28-2008, 11:54 AM
No. And I would also recommend the coiled one. If you have a local pb shop like pevs or something they'll have one.

Why wouldnt it? all tank threads are the same regardless of make (tippy, spyder, cockerect.) So all remotes should be the same there wont be special remote just for tippmann.

spyderpaintball
07-28-2008, 11:58 AM
Look for any remote line with a standard ASA fitting. Though I dislike remotes my suggestions are coiled line and one with a slide check. KEE under the PMI brand makes a pretty decent one but really anyone that you find will work great.

irishwarrior
07-28-2008, 12:00 PM
Why wouldnt it? all tank threads are the same regardless of make (tippy, spyder, cockerect.) So all remotes should be the same there wont be special remote just for tippmann.

Oh, ok. You know more about air systems than I do so I'll take your word for it.

spyderpaintball
07-28-2008, 12:03 PM

Correct. However I have the distinct memory that Tippmann also makes a Tippy specific kit that replaces the ASA and feeds the line straight into the marker. I may be wrong seeing as I havnt been around my shop in a while so I could be mistaken.

slim and shady
07-28-2008, 12:06 PM
But that doesnt hook to an ASA, if it does they will be universal.

spyderpaintball
07-28-2008, 12:24 PM
But that doesnt hook to an ASA, if it does they will be universal.

Correct. I was just trying to put in perspective what he may have seen as a Tippy remote line.

spyderfan4271
07-28-2008, 03:03 PM
My son had a tippmann coiled remote and used it on his vs1. The asa and tank threads should be standard. One end screws onto your tank threads the other into your asa this side had a quick disconnect. If the quick disconnect section was missing it wouldn't work and definitely look wrong.