PDA

View Full Version : New updated Hammer ideas and interest

Drefish99
07-27-2008, 02:04 PM
Similar to the updated release of an AMG Spyder thread Spyder would like to gauge the popularity or interest on re releasing the Hammer. Right now we are looking to see what folks would want to see as features in an updated Hammer and price ranges people would pay. Lets be reasonable of course. Lets not expect all the bells and whistles for an uber low price. A balance of features and price would be nice. So lets see what you guys have up your sleeves.

For those not familiar the Hammer was Kingman's pump gun.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v150/drefish99/Guns/pic1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v150/drefish99/Guns/pic2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v150/drefish99/Guns/pic3.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v150/drefish99/Guns/pic4.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v150/drefish99/Guns/pic5.jpg

HelpDeskHustler
07-27-2008, 02:12 PM
interested.

under cocking would be nice.
autotrigger is a must.

battlechaser
07-27-2008, 02:22 PM
Definitely interested.

Would be nice if it came with the old style feednecks to utilize something like the Palmer's Stick feed.

A sportshot style happer would be nice too. :)

oldironmudder
07-27-2008, 03:56 PM
Great idea. Maybe 2 or 3 different styles of bodies like Phantoms. So you can go true stock class then switch this or that around & run a revvy & 4oz tank. Make it where you could use some older upgrades or some thats still out today & not wait 6 months for factory or aftermarket upgrade parts to come out.

Price? I dont really know where to start there, not dirt cheap so everyone can buy 3 at a time but not high enough to where I could spend $5 more & get another marker setup for tourneys.

battlechaser
07-27-2008, 04:16 PM
Base it on the STBB pump conversions people are already doing. There's no sense in re-engineering something that already works. That said, maybe find a way to employ a Phantom style stock, or ASA (mounted up front).

Ace24
07-27-2008, 04:41 PM
interested.

under cocking would be nice.
autotrigger is a must.

The old ones had autotriggers.

Definitely interested.

Would be nice if it came with the old style feednecks to utilize something like the Palmer's Stick feed.

A sportshot style happer would be nice too. :)

You mean a stock class feed?

Base it on the STBB pump conversions people are already doing. There's no sense in re-engineering something that already works. That said, maybe find a way to employ a Phantom style stock, or ASA (mounted up front).

I'd have to agree with that. I don't like the whole bottle out back system. Had to adapt a bottomline for mine.

http://a536.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/119/l_a0d9e6dedd04c1da1b2e9948d1f7f5cf.jpg

Thats how I had mine, and it was the only way you could aim with it.

What would be nice is if they released the gun with a verticle feedneck, similar to the Phantoms, with the same feedneck as a normal Spyder. Then they sold a stick feed stock class system for it as an upgrade. I would also like to see VA's like the Phantom has as an upgrade or option.

Personally, I liked the composite handles. They were smooth, light, and worked very well. If they kept that with the single tube style like they had on the old Hammers, like the one I had, I would love it. They should also all come with metal trigger frames. I can't tell you how much of a hassle it was to find a metal replacement frame for my old composite one.

Also, last but not least, some kind of detent system to prevent the double feeding. Even if they do it like the Cocker and just have one on the side to prevent the double feed, but not one after the bolt is closed, I'd be happy.

I say bring the Hammer back. But with these additions.

XSiv Force
07-27-2008, 04:44 PM
id buy one if it were less than a phantom...id probably buy 4
everything everyone said is what id like to see

Nenkitsune
07-27-2008, 05:21 PM
I agree with keeping the STBB layout and making it work like the current way of modifying them to work as a pump. as for making it have a stock class feed. Round bodied spyders work using phantom stock class feeds!

DFSniper
07-27-2008, 05:35 PM
wow ted, that sounds a lot like what i wrote on PBN:
1) stacked tube, much like the hammer 2. i figure it'll use more spyder parts thus be easier to produce. plus, it'll have a ball detent.
2) metal pump arm. dont really care about spring assist or not. if the pump arm isnt under-barrel cocking, make sure its wide enough to fit most barrels.
3) removable feedneck thats interchangeable between standard and a 10rd tube (with optional spring inside??)
4) standard .45 grips (benchmark m16 adapter or standard single trigger)
5) optional bottomline mount (like the original)

other than that (ok, its basically a stacked tube phantom/buzzard now...) i dont think the original hammer needs many improvements.

Nenkitsune
07-27-2008, 08:18 PM
hmm Kingman could make a pump conversion kit. it would come with a hammer, valve pin, pump arm and bolt (for the pump arm to mount to)
because of how different some of the bodies are, the pump arm would go through the back of the body, to make it so you don't have to cut the body any. it would be easy to assemble to.
take the bolt/pump rod and put them into the body with the hammer. screw the pump arm on, and put the barrel on (for a pump over barrel setup)
instead of making an entirely new gun, they could make a kit for people who already have a gun. it wouldn't work for the VS series though.

DFSniper
07-27-2008, 08:49 PM
well, theres a kid on PBN thats machining his own drop in pump kit right now. it replaces the VA and valve and has NO external pump arm. last i checked he was having trouble machining some of the delrin parts, but he should be almost done.

Nenkitsune
07-27-2008, 08:57 PM
no external pump arm? now THAT i have to see

spyderfan4271
07-28-2008, 02:42 PM
I'd buy one even if it was nothing more then a sonix pump from the factory. As long as I can run a 4oz co2 tank, center feed and a 50 round hopper I'll be happy. I do believe it will have to be priced well bellow phantoms to avoid direct comparison possibly in the $99-$159 range. Just recently action village added phantoms to there site before that options were a little more limited. Action village and almost everyone else already sell spyders. A pump marker by kingman may help with new growth to a sport that has been negatively stereotyped as nothing but pathetic ubber bully teenagers shooting noobs at 25bps.

STRIKEFIRST
07-29-2008, 08:08 AM
Optional air connections like the phantom. under cocking. No plastic . 45 grip. tube feed swapable to pocket hopper.

Master Tech
08-06-2008, 09:07 AM
I would want it to be a single tube with an undercocking pump system like a Carter Comp with a removable vertical quick changer for 3.5oz. tank use. Then a 15 round feedtube that can be easily replaced by a centerfeed for gravity feed set up.

It also has to have an external velocity adjuster to eliminate the need for a cumbersome tool to adjust it through the barrel. I'd also want an adjustable stock included and a trigger frame with wrap around .45 Hogue grips.

All of this comes standard and included with the Hammer to give the you options in what set up you want to use and retail for about $150 to $175.

DFSniper
08-06-2008, 02:56 PM
yeah, my biggest gripes about the hammers are the lack of detents and external velocity adjusters.

vikingshadow
08-06-2008, 07:30 PM
I would want it to be a single tube with an undercocking pump system like a Carter Comp with a removable vertical quick changer for 3.5oz. tank use. Then a 15 round feedtube that can be easily replaced by a centerfeed for gravity feed set up.

It also has to have an external velocity adjuster to eliminate the need for a cumbersome tool to adjust it through the barrel. I'd also want an adjustable stock included and a trigger frame with wrap around .45 Hogue grips.

All of this comes standard and included with the Hammer to give the you options in what set up you want to use and retail for about $150 to $175.

About says it all for me. Add in the option of interchangeable bodies (for an additional price, of course - or make it an option at the time of the ordering) and make it air fed through a bottom line (with a stainless steel hard line setup) or a vertical VA and I'd be happy.

Hob Hayward
08-06-2008, 09:07 PM
Def NOT stacked tube, too inefficient for 12 gram use. Having a body that can swap between stick and hopper feed easily would be very nice.

As to air, either VSC style, or bottomline (or an option to choose).