PDA

View Full Version : MR2 after action report

darth massacre
07-27-2008, 09:40 AM
Hey guys how's everyone, I haven't been around for a bit but I do lurk from time to time.....still pretty freakin tired from yesterday's game. I haven't played paintball in over 6 months and therefore neither did my MR2. Played about 4 hours at wasaga paintball yesterday and ran it thru a variety of scenarios. So to run the list down.

- Gun worked great - until towards the end when the detent broke and it was double/triple feeding. But otherwise it worked great.

- I don't have a force fed loader (empire reloader II), only used it in semi and walked the trigger - no more than 3-5 rounds. Got accused of doing full auto even though I switched the competition trigger to semi only since 2 years ago.

- No ball breakages in the chamber, breakages only happened in the barrel. In fact the barrel was clean in the back but ball breaks (if it does break) happened after it travelled 1/4 of the barrel as it exits.

- Blowby was actually fairly low. I have the 2 oring bolt from alamocity for some time now but this is one of the few where it worked and I had low blowby all day.

- If you want to toss on AR/M4 type furniture on your MR2, I strongly suggest the remote air coil.

- Compressed air works better, period.

- First time ever, gun did not shoot hot. Consistent 270-280fps and for the first time ever I had to crank it up to get 270-280. In the past I needed to cut the springs to get it down to field legal speeds from 290-300.

- Friends think the MR2 is "pretty dope".

- I'm switching to airsoft :D

That about sums it up!

especiialypsycho
07-27-2008, 09:49 AM
- I'm switching to airsoft :D

Why would you do that?

slim and shady
07-27-2008, 10:25 AM
Well it's good to here you got out and played again havnt seen you around for a very long time. Im glad you had fun but why are you switching to airsoft?

darth massacre
07-27-2008, 11:04 AM
Truthfully - it looks cool LOL

Well to be honest airsoft is actually cheaper than paintball in the long run by my own calculation. The cost of a decent airsoft gun, not chinese knock offs or the high end Systema PTWs, are roughly the same - or less - than a paintball gun if you factor in upgrades, air tanks and so on. I reckon I could get a pretty decent M4/AK type with the money I tossed in on my MR2. BBs are also cheaper than paint.

I'm not giving up paintball by a long shot - but I think the pace of airsoft games (they call it tactical but slow is slow :D ) suits me better.

slim and shady
07-27-2008, 11:20 AM
Play tactical scenario, The last game we compleated 2 missions without even firing a shoot. this was largly due to our teams positioning in serounding the abjective takin all highground and vantage points the opposing team could use to catapult a rush for the objective. The way we play its all about tactics, there are alot of "fire fights" or whatever you want to call them but its always done tacticaly, looking for advantages angles better ground you name it. I do understand the cost factor though 2000 paintballs isnt alot and it can cost you pretty good. You gotta head out this way one time I will take you to YGP one game and you will be right back to paintball Sneekypete came for a game loved it and is coming back again, Hossy might be going through when the next game is so he may stop for it. It really is alot of fun if you can get a group of scenario players who want to play a tactical game.

But at anyrate good luck with your new endevor hope that you have fun, be sure to stick around SOC and dont take such a long leave of absence this time! :P

sneekypete
07-27-2008, 12:04 PM
I really like playing at YPG you should come and check it out(Death Massecre). I can't wait for the next one. Tactical paintball I think it is all about angles. Trading paint back and forth give you a 50/50 chance to hit. Not good odds in my book. I try not to trade paint unless I am triing to keep their attention so some else can get a better angle. Hope you come and play at YPG ans I hope it goes well with your airsoft endevor.

spyder-Mr2
07-28-2008, 10:04 AM
I have paintball and airsoft guns and if u want little 6mm balls comming at you at 300-1000 fps be my guest. Honest if u want realistic games air soft is the game . But i like paintball more because its diffrent then all . Its all what you want.

chrisjb82
07-30-2008, 05:50 AM
I tried airsoft a couple of weekends ago. I think the guns are pretty cool and realistic and thats cool if thats what you want...I wasn't to impressed with it though. I like being able to tell when you've hit someone with a couple of splats of a few paintball rounds. Its was hard to tell when you hit someone and others weren't always honest about being hit. It sucks that painball is so much more expensive but I love it a whole lot more that airsoft...just my opinion... I finally got my MR2 to shoot regular as well. Last time I played I chrono'd the first time at 260 so I bumped it up to 270...I think I shot between 268 and 274 all day without having to adjust!! It felt nice to stand there and watch everyone else have to play around with theirs each time they went in to play!!

slim and shady
07-30-2008, 08:11 AM
I think the only thing i would like better about airsoft is you could get the mask with the mesh lens, that would mean , NO FOGGING!!! :D other then that there would be nothing I would like about that sport I dont think. I tried it once but it wasnt to hardcore so it wasnt my thing. Maby if there was a group of people that were more serious about it around here it would be more fun.

If I got anything Airsoft it would be that little 3foot tank that shoots 6mm paintballs and is remote controle!

balu
07-30-2008, 08:20 AM
i think you can wear safety glasses don't need goggles

darth massacre
07-30-2008, 09:11 AM
I think everyone has differing opinions on airsoft -vs- paintball but that's another discussion for another section of this forum.

Its interesting how no one cared that the MR2 was flawless for the entire 4 hour session (except towards the end when the detent broke) when you toss in the word "airsoft" :D Guys, c'mon, I'm celebrating the performance of the gun here. A well tuned gun that understands the user who understands the gun.

Just gotta add this point - I remembered the J&J barrel not crapping out on me even though there were several breakages in the barrel. The paint would fly straight after a couple of follow up shots to clean out the breakage. For something thats 60 bucks or less, that's a huge plus compared to some of the more expensive barrels out there.

slim and shady
07-30-2008, 11:36 AM
It is great when your marker works like it should. After a wial you start to take it for granteed then something happens. Glad you had a good game and your marker worked good. Thats abig plus with the JJ I have never really bein interested in those barrels, maby now i should try one.

sneekypete
07-30-2008, 03:51 PM
I love the J&J. When I first got my Q-loader and was fine tuning it I would break the ocational ball and was able to shoot through it. Can not beat that for the price. Glad to hear that you had a good day with no problems. I find that the MR-2 and MR-1 seem to be pretty reliable.

chrisjb82
08-02-2008, 04:05 AM
I find that the MR-2 and MR-1 seem to be pretty reliable.

I would have to agree with you on that except that I found with my MR2 that I had to put some work and extra money into it before it became more reliable. It was a bit frustrating when I first got mine and it chopped paint like crazy because of the blowback I had. After I bought my Halo that eliminated all of that. The only other issue I had was the velocity kept running a bit high...but after just a little tinkering with the springs I got it to that sweet spot and don't have to mess with it when I am playing. Sorry about the airsoft thing...just couldn't resist...it is great that you played a great day with you gun...I know that there is nothing more frustrating than a day at the field and all you did was sit on the sidelines trying to figure out why your gun is leaking, or why you keep chopping paint...or you stripped you detent and forgot to bring more...I made that mistake once and I always carry extras with me whenever I play now!!