PDA

View Full Version : MR1 Detent??

QuiGonKen
03-01-2006, 05:59 PM
Hi, Im thinkin' bout gettin a spyder MR1 cause ive heard a lot of good things, the only bad thing i heard of was the Detent and how it can be sheared off by the bolt, so i got 2 questions: 1. how difficult is it to repair/ replace the detent, and 2: where do i find i new detent, one that would not be sheared off by the bolt?
any and all help would be greatly appreciated,
thanks
-QGK

ooglieboogliebob
03-01-2006, 06:05 PM
very easy ... you just have to take it apart and just ... take out the rubber piece.. they're really cheap .. and i think they sell them at AVI

QuiGonKen
03-01-2006, 06:11 PM
have you or anyone else experienced this with the MR1?

QRFleader
03-02-2006, 07:06 AM
I have one, and loveit, It is not a fast marker but with the rioght barrel and paint it can be vary accurate. Also It is very solid, and can take alot of abuse, u would not believe the crap I crawl theu when I play

TL-X/MR1 redyps spyder
03-02-2006, 12:36 PM
What in the world is a Detent?
:confused:

TL-X/MR1 redyps spyder
03-02-2006, 12:53 PM
hey is the Detent the anti 2 ball stopper thingy?
:confused:

ooglieboogliebob
03-02-2006, 02:10 PM
yep .. the rubber stopper on the mr1 ... keeps it from double feeding ... umm anyway ... no i havn't tried the mr1 yet

TL-X/MR1 redyps spyder
03-02-2006, 03:52 PM
hey if that really happens to the detent than is the MR1 a nice,Efficent gun?

QuiGonKen
03-02-2006, 06:37 PM
well, from the reviews i could gather, everyone gives them a high mark, the only thing that has any problem is the detent, which could be easily and cheaply replaced. or so ive heard

Voodoo27909
03-08-2006, 09:17 AM
...It is an OUTSTANDING marker, well worth the money and then some. Just a few "Teeth cutting" issues like the detent and barrel that u will need to address (Cheap fixes on both...$29.00 for a J&J barrel, and $12.00 for ten Bob Long Timmy detents). Yes...BUY IT!

QRFleader
03-08-2006, 03:07 PM
I have had no problems with my detent......yet

Kingman-Rep
03-13-2006, 09:23 AM
If you have a bad detent, you could always call our customer service. 888-546-4626. If you have trouble getting a hold of someone through the phone drop me a PM with your email address and i'll forward it to a Customer Service Rep.

Voodoo27909
03-16-2006, 10:49 PM
WEll....now that you mention that....I did EMAIL a Kingman sevice rep about more detents. They promply sent me the warranty invoice, showing how much the two replacement stopper s cost, and that I owed nothing, HOWEVER...I STILL HAVENT GOTTEN MY DETENTS!!! lol.

Thats O.K. though. Im not sure I want to replace bad detents with more bad detents. I got a handful from BobLong meant for the Timmy for around 10 or 12 bucks

Kingman-Rep
03-17-2006, 07:24 AM
Thats O.K. though. Im not sure I want to replace bad detents with more bad detents.

Why in the world would we send you bad detents to replace bad detents? If you receive black colored detents in your MR, then those are the correct detents.

NextoN
03-17-2006, 03:48 PM
Why did kingman even place those pour red detents in the mr1&mr2?? People who don't know they have to change them is "mad"

Voodoo27909
03-21-2006, 07:53 AM
...What I was saying, Mr. Kingman Rep (and im pretty certain you know this already)....is that if Kingman sent me the same detents that came with the marker in the first place as replacements, that I REALLY didnt want or need them (...as in why would I want to get the same detents that I was having an issue with sent to me as replacements). I did finally recieve the replacement detents in the mail that Kingman sent, on 3/20/06, and they are in fact black as you have pointed out, not the red ones that came with the marker originally. You could have simply posted that Kingman has addressed the ball stopper issue, and is replaceing the red stoppers with more resilient black ones for those that request replacement warranty :confused:

SupermanDan
03-22-2006, 03:13 PM
i had a yellow detent, and it broke within about 600 balls. the field where i was playing just gave me one from a timmy, and it's been going strong for about 4000 balls.

Frat
03-28-2006, 06:50 AM
Ok new here but have been lurking for about a week or so since I decided to get an MR 1. It should arrive today. From what I am reading unless it has a black detent I need to get a replacement?

Kingman-Rep
03-28-2006, 09:29 AM
you are correct.

yamaha cow
04-11-2006, 12:44 PM
i am sry wat is a (TIMMY)? and if we get a bad detent will you guys send us a new detent.

tex
04-11-2006, 01:30 PM
ATimmy is a model of Bob Long guns. It shares a similar detent except the timmy's are stronger. Buy detents for a Bob Long Timmy or if those arent available you can use one out of a Piranha.

lilc
04-11-2006, 08:36 PM
Hi, Im thinkin' bout gettin a spyder MR1 cause ive heard a lot of good things, the only bad thing i heard of was the Detent and how it can be sheared off by the bolt, so i got 2 questions: 1. how difficult is it to repair/ replace the detent, and 2: where do i find i new detent, one that would not be sheared off by the bolt?
any and all help would be greatly appreciated,
thanks
-QGK

As a preventive measure, I had my MR1's ball detent replaced with one from a Timmy (the black one is the highest durometer).

yamaha cow
04-19-2006, 01:07 PM
i think all the bad detents are sold because i bought 1 and it has a black detent.

QuiGonKen
04-21-2006, 08:14 PM
lol great, ah well...i was playin with mine recently and it broke...hampered my fun that day but bought a new one, and bought an extra one just in case...all in all ..im still behind the MR1

Ghost Bear Reborn
05-02-2006, 11:22 AM
I should be receiving my MR1 this week, just in time for a game on Saturday. I won't have time to pick up a three-pack of detentes by then.

What are the odds that my detent will break on my first day out? If it happens, the Tippman guys won't let me hear the end of it!

QuiGonKen
05-02-2006, 11:31 AM
depends, ive heard that all the MR1's have been fixed so that the MR1's have better detents, if u have an older version with the crappy detent the odds are u might have to get it replaced the first day, but if u get the new one u might be alright.. :D

SpyderFan
05-23-2006, 05:34 AM
well, i have an MR1 and i also had one of the black "resilient" detents, and it still broke off. then again, i was shooting pretty fast too. this hapened on the first day i used the gun. i found a site called paintball reviews and it told me how to make a detent out of a pen spring that works better than any rubber one i have seen. and it hasnt broken a ball since.

tsore17
05-23-2006, 02:36 PM
well, i have an MR1 and i also had one of the black "resilient" detents, and it still broke off. then again, i was shooting pretty fast too. this hapened on the first day i used the gun. i found a site called paintball reviews and it told me how to make a detent out of a pen spring that works better than any rubber one i have seen. and it hasnt broken a ball since.

I have repleaced the detent and would be interested in the link on how make one out of a the pen spring.

VamPyro
05-23-2006, 04:50 PM
My friend's MR1 is very nice. He let me shoot it a few times, and it has the nicest flow and trigger pull.

It is really nice looking and has a unique style than most spyders.

About the detent, my friend hasn't had that problem yet :)

SpyderFan
05-25-2006, 05:14 AM
heres the link to the site that will tell you how to fix the detent with a pen spring. its also a good site for unbiased, consumer reviews on tons of paintball guns and gear. go to the second review down.

http://www.pbreview.com/products/reviews/?prod=4229&page=2

Ghost Bear Reborn
05-25-2006, 10:40 AM
I bought a pack of Timmy detents with my MR1. I haven't needed them yet.