PDA

View Full Version : New valve new leak!!! and many Questions?

Luisitopr
07-23-2008, 08:56 AM
hi Guys
I installed a 32 degrees valve for my Mr1 and now I have a co2 leak that I can hear from the cannon hole I have checked all the o rings and they seem ok I haven't installed the old one back to see if my problem is the new valve. But the new valve dint come with the cup seal guide or cup seal. I don't now if I need this new for the new valve. Also in which direction the holes of the valve goes?

cyberthrasher_706
07-23-2008, 11:38 AM
It's been awhile since I've torn down that far, it's one of those know it when you see it type things. Just remember the big hole goes to the back of the marker. but you probably should buy a new cup seal, always handy to have that around anyway.

Luisitopr
07-23-2008, 02:54 PM
thank you cyber, but you think that the way I installed the valve has something to do with the leak??

cyberthrasher_706
07-23-2008, 07:15 PM
If it's in backwards, yeah. Your cup-seal is made to fit in the small hole. If your valve is in backwards than it's in the big hole, which means it's a loose fit and it's not sealing.

Luisitopr
07-25-2008, 02:11 AM
If it's in backwards, yeah. Your cup-seal is made to fit in the small hole. If your valve is in backwards than it's in the big hole, which means it's a loose fit and it's not sealing.

Can You believe this stuff,

First you were right the valve the first time and the second time I installed it was backward and because I fire it like that the cup seal was mess up. But heres is were it gets interesting I went to my local Spyder shop nothing fancy but the shop we have around and the person in the counter first he thought that I bought the valve there and because I installed said that I had no warranty and that I mess up the valve and maybe the marker cause I tried at first to install the valve with a screw driver. But he was Crazy he sells the valve for $40.00 I got it for $.99 with a expansion chamber out of http://www.pb4less.com. So he was a **** and a Guy there told me to polish the imperfections that I created when I jammed the valve there, to change all the o rings and the cup seal and Presto My marker is OK and now I found a new hate for this overpriced store and many thanks and appreciation for you buddy!!!!:) :) :) :)

cyberthrasher_706
07-25-2008, 06:49 PM
Not a problem. So, did you use the screwdriver to push it in? I suggest a brand new pencil, and just use the eraser end. It will usually fit down either end and not scar up your internals.

Luisitopr
07-26-2008, 01:28 AM
Man thank you again that's for the next time, I installed with a paint brush wood stick and it sealed ok..

Darcman
10-01-2008, 04:19 PM
is the magnaport better than the new design valve? there is like a 15 dollar difference. and do i need a new valve stem too? the newdesign has both the magnaport is just the valve.

DFSniper
10-01-2008, 05:01 PM
It's been awhile since I've torn down that far, it's one of those know it when you see it type things. Just remember the big hole goes to the back of the marker. but you probably should buy a new cup seal, always handy to have that around anyway.

wrong, big hole towards the front :p

i always use a barrel swab or macro line (or eraser-end of a pencil at the most!) to get it in, then put an allen wrench in the bottom hole to line it up.

from Otter's testing, the magnaport was almost the same as the NDZ valve (NDZ beat it by increasing stock velocity by about 2 FPS more.) you can usually find the magnaport with a valve stem for $10. a suggestion is to take off the brass cup seal and use the stock one.

Darcman
10-02-2008, 01:04 PM
if i only found the valve with no stem i can just use the stock one right?

Mitchell-MR1
11-07-2008, 06:28 PM
You can use the factory stem in the magma valve. They will work together. I have a magma valve and the cut stem in my MR1 I had to trim the stem down with a grinder to make it shorter to work in my marker. It was well worth it when I shoot at a high rate of fire 20+ BPS.