PDA

View Full Version : velocity problem

rubber_band_man
07-22-2008, 11:54 AM
hey i'm currently running a standard mr1 with a rocking trigger attatchment and it has worked fine for me for about a year. Yesterday i went to the local paintball field to play and when i had my gun chronoed the first couple shots were at 360, i needed to be under 275. I wasn't sure which way to turn the velocity adjusting spring in the back so i turned it all the way one way and it went down to about 340 and then i turned it back the other way all the way and it went back up to like 358, 360. i ended up not being able to use it anyways cause i forgot to charge the rocking trigger and i left my other trigger at home, but does anyone know how i could fix this?

sneekypete
07-22-2008, 12:01 PM
There are 2 things you can do. 1st which is the one I recomend is get a spring Kit and use the lightest spring. The other thing is you can clip a little off the spring. If you go this route cut a little at a time and chrono in between each cut.

slim and shady
07-22-2008, 12:02 PM
You have to either take your spring out and clip it or buy a spring kit. i would sugest buying a spring kit. All MR1s shoot really hot out of the box well above 300FPS so buy a spring kit put in a weeker spring and you are good to go. You turn your adjuster counter clockwise to lower the velocity and clockwise to make it go higher.
Goood luck

rubber_band_man
07-22-2008, 03:00 PM
but i have got the same setup to shoot 270 before i don't see why it won't now

irishwarrior
07-22-2008, 03:44 PM
Did you fill up your CO2 since it shot 270? It may have been low. Or, if it's unregulated in cold weather the CO2 might have been at a low pressure. And, if you're using air, than I'm not sure what it could be.

rubber_band_man
07-22-2008, 07:50 PM
i was using a 12 ounce co2 tank and had it shooting 270 all day with the tank full and when i went last time they said it was expired so i borrowed my friends 20 oz co2 tank and used that full other than that i the only thing i've changed is i took it apart to get all the paint out of it a while ago but i'm positivie i put it back together the exact same way

slim and shady
07-22-2008, 09:18 PM
I dont know but at anyrate a spring kit is a cheep fix and never hurts to grab one for your marker most people have them. Did you touch the velocity when you were cleaning it? But a spring kit will help bring your FPS down.

rubber_band_man
07-22-2008, 09:19 PM
ya i took it all the way apart to make sure no paint snuck in anywhere

slim and shady
07-22-2008, 09:24 PM
but were you turning your velocity in or out?

rubber_band_man
07-22-2008, 10:01 PM
i took the spring out and put it back in and then turned it out all the way after i realized i was shooting way too high

Erlkonig
07-29-2008, 06:32 PM
First off...I would REALLY recommend you buy the spring kit regardless of whether you needed it in the past or not. Even if it is not required now you will one day be very happy you had it handy. I picked one up for $10 from the local shop.

Second, if you really haven't changed anything at all I would be inclined to think it could be an environmental thing as Irishwarrior suggested above. One of the downfalls to unregulated CO2 is it's susceptibility to temperature change as can be seen in the following link:

http://www.warpig.com/paintball/technical/gasses/co2pv.gif

Just wanted to share my thoughts on the issue.

One thing you can look at is getting a stabilizer for the marker. After getting this broken in it should help ensure a greater degree of consistency regardless of the temperature. It can also help you tweak down your gun so you operate at a lower pressure and get less kick overall as well...

Slog63
07-31-2008, 05:46 PM
Hi, something like this happened to me... I was using another person's CO2 tank... when I switched back it was all good... try using a different CO2 tank... it might be as simple as that

Modded-Like-Hell
07-31-2008, 06:10 PM
my mr-1 shot 301 right out of the box and didnt need any adjusting since the field limits fps to 300.

I also suggest a spring kit, dont cut the stock spring because if u dont know what your doing (not saying you do) the spring may get cut to low and you might end up getting the spring kit anyway. lets do it the right way