PDA

View Full Version : Resume

Hossy
07-22-2008, 09:33 AM
So guys, seems like its about time for me to look into getting a job. As we all know, most companies/businesses require a Resume. So my question to you is, do you all have any good examples or do you all know of any good templates or programs to create a Resume? In school we had to make one, with a template the substitute teacher had, which seemed to leave out alot of things I thought should be on there. Of course, I wanted (needed ;) ) a good grade, so I did what the outline asked, and not of what a good resume should or what I thought have had on it.

Thanks for any help!

maximus100389
07-22-2008, 10:12 AM
Typically, Word has a resume template.

You know, brag...dont lie.

VS3 Sniper
07-22-2008, 04:03 PM
I usually put stuff like references (if u have them)
What makes you right for the job?
What are ur goals in 5 years?
What are ur goals in 10 years?
etc.

shunut
07-22-2008, 04:58 PM
A class that I took said that you shouldn't have your references on your resume. You should have a catagory that says "References" then after that is should has "Available upon request"

Then you should have a seperate "References" sheet that you can give them.

timmyshoota
07-22-2008, 05:14 PM
What kind of a job are you trying to get while in high school that you'd need a resume?

UKwithPride
07-22-2008, 05:20 PM
What kind of a job are you trying to get while in high school that you'd need a resume?

It's just an all around good thing to have, like to turn in with an application. Plus, I've found that some places, like smaller, individual owned businesses, ONLY accept resumes.

Hossy
07-22-2008, 05:43 PM

Its an internship, but also I will need it in the future for jobs and stuff.

silentchaos45
07-22-2008, 09:35 PM
ha ive been jobless for bout 3 months.. ive been to everywhere that would be an ok job and no one will hire me.... now im looking into the worst jobs ever and they wont even hire me... ive even tried to be a drug dealer(got nervous and ran away :D )... looks like i need to change my image, attitude, or just move to a different state... what ya think?

UKwithPride
07-22-2008, 11:28 PM
ha ive been jobless for bout 3 months.. ive been to everywhere that would be an ok job and no one will hire me.... now im looking into the worst jobs ever and they wont even hire me... ive even tried to be a drug dealer(got nervous and ran away :D )... looks like i need to change my image, attitude, or just move to a different state... what ya think?

Telemarketing may be for you.

spyderpaintball
07-23-2008, 05:22 AM
First off the MS Word template is decent but overall a pretty terrible example of a good resume. My best advice is to talk to professionals about what they look for in resumes and go from there. Here are some tips from Career Services at my school. Most of the stuff is useful. Resume Tips (http://careers.udayton.edu/student/level3/resumetips.asp)

DFSniper
07-23-2008, 12:10 PM
holy **** its SP!!!

HelpDeskHustler
07-23-2008, 01:19 PM
Holy **** he goes to the same school as I do.