PDA

View Full Version : SP1 Heavy

Critical
07-21-2008, 06:23 PM
Woo Hoo!!! Finally got my SP1 back from it's various trips across the country, over 6000 miles of total travel. I call it the SP1 Heavy because, fully loaded, without air in the tank or paint in the loader, it weighs in at 7 pounds. I'll be getting a workout with this guy, however, with the stock, you really don't feel the weight.

Here's the pics:

Obviously, It started out like this, just a lowly old SP1, serial #222
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y189/jeffstory/Paintball/CIMG0190.jpg

Then, over the last few months, I've slowly added a collection of upgrades and accessories. Here's a picture of most of them:
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y189/jeffstory/Paintball/CIMG0395.jpg

What's the end result you ask? Well, here it is:

Wide Angle:
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y189/jeffstory/Paintball/CIMG0396.jpg

Close up of the grips, backplate and Halo backplate:
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y189/jeffstory/Paintball/CIMG0399.jpg

Close up of the foregrip and aimpoint:
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y189/jeffstory/Paintball/SSPX0010.jpg

Upgrades:
- Deadlywind Hollowpoint bolt
- Deadlywind Fibur barrel
- Trinity lever lock feedneck
- Trinity aimpoint
- Suicide black rubber suicide shells, wrapped around a stock Halo
- Modified Dark Seoul white swirl grips
- Scenario Dreams Universal T-Board
- Noxx55 tactical stock
- jcurt454 engraved aluminum backplate (engraved with my wife's name inside a heart, awww...)
- jcurt454 aluminum Halo backplate
- jcurt454 foregrip, slotted to match the holes in the SP1 breach
- NW 8" drop forward (needed the drop to fit my 68ci tank
- macrolineguy.com microline, macroline and fittings
- CCM micro rail
- CCM on/off

Obviously, there's still some small things that I need. I need blackout screws for the Halo and I need the raw aluminum parts to go out to anno. But, other than those minor little things, it's finally done and back in my hands for good.

Special Thanks:
- Smart Parts, for fixing my mistakes and making such a fun marker
- jcurt454, for being a machinist "par excellence" and for translating my half-baked, barely coherent ideas into perfect parts that are exactly what I wanted.
- Colin at Deadlywind, for getting me out of a bind
- Damon at Scenario Dreams for an excellent product, installed perfectly
- My wife, for putting up with all of this, and making me pay cash so we have no regrets

XSiv Force
07-21-2008, 06:25 PM
sweet ive loved those since they came out

Paradox313
07-21-2008, 06:25 PM
Isn't that the marker that can fire underwater?

battlechaser
07-21-2008, 06:27 PM
That's one of the nicest Milsim guns I've seen in a looong while. One of the guys I play with picked up one of these as well. One of the few SP products I actually like. And like me, last weekend he was the only other guy to go all day without a chop/barrel break. Not bad for a gun sans vision. ;)

Just wondering though, is yours loud when firing.. I mean noticeably loud, his sounds like a .50 cal, and thats with a makeshift suppressor.

Critical
07-21-2008, 06:29 PM
Well, Sean at SP did do several tests with a stock one. One test was to throw it into a river, fish it out and shoot. The other test, I believe, was to fire it underwater. I highly doubt that I would be able to get away with that with the changes I've made.

XF: Thanks! It really is worth the money if you happen to come across a good deal on one.

Battlechaser: I just assembled it tonight after getting it back from Scenario Dreams. I will report on sound once I get a chance to fire it. Typically, most SP1 users say that it is quieter, so I don't know what's up with the one the guy you know has. Also, the Fibur barrel tends to quiet things down as well. Depending on the sound, I may end up getting a loudener.

battlechaser
07-21-2008, 06:36 PM
I just assembled it tonight after getting it back from Scenario Dreams. I will report on sound once I get a chance to fire it. Typically, most SP1 users say that it is quieter, so I don't know what's up with the one the guy you know has. Also, the Fibur barrel tends to quiet things down as well. Depending on the sound, I may end up getting a loudener.

Might just be me as I was using my Species that whole day, the one lone Timmy vs Spyders, BT4s, and the SP1. I was the quiet one. ;)

I do want to get a Fibur barrel though, I'm just afraid of tripping and landing on it.. Carbon Fibre + giant,-not-entirely-in-shape-at-all-dude = tears. :(

TheDarkShadow
07-21-2008, 06:42 PM
the only thing I don't like is the ginormous drop forward

Hossy
07-21-2008, 06:44 PM
I agree on the drop forward. Its not my cup of tea, but I see why you have it.
It looks really nice. Good job on it!

Critical
07-22-2008, 04:00 AM
Yeah, I'm not that big a fan of the drop myself, but it moves the tank out of the way so the stock rests perfectly. What I really wanted was a little drop reverse mounted so the tank would be facing forward, but I couldn't find one that met all my requirements.

bamf-hacker
07-22-2008, 05:00 AM
Very nice MilSim...