PDA

View Full Version : Creating bootable XP CD

DFSniper
07-19-2008, 05:41 PM
so i followed the slipstreaming steps (here (http://www.winsupersite.com/showcase/windowsxp_sp2_slipstream.asp)) but ran into a snag. i'm using Nero Express 6 and not Nero Burning Rom 6, so my menus are different. it asks me to add files, so i add the XP folder with the slipstreamed SP2 and SP3 files. but then it doesnt give me an option of adding the Microsoft Corporation.img file that i copied from the XP cd to my C: drive, except from a floppy drive, which i dont have.

i also have nlite, if thats an easier way, but i've never used it before.

bamf-hacker
07-19-2008, 07:42 PM
Use nlite. That is the best way to slipstream a Windows installation. It will let you set up every option under the sun. I use it all the time to send install disks to users set up for their specific machine.

IM me if you need help.

DFSniper
07-19-2008, 08:10 PM
ok thanks. i played around with it some and then found a slipstream tutorial using nlite. so with nlite i don't need to worry about the .img file from the cd?

bamf-hacker
07-19-2008, 09:04 PM
take the cd .img and use something like winrar and extract it to a folder. Then point nlite to that folder and start setting up the cd.

you can get all the drivers and patches installed too.

DFSniper
07-20-2008, 01:59 PM
thanks. i found another tutorial, and i guess nlite doesnt need the .img file when it creates its own ISO