PDA

View Full Version : question bout ramping and other things

silentchaos45
07-19-2008, 10:39 AM
ok ramping, breakout, auto response, NXL mode, and PSP mode... what are they? ive never had any marker that did any of these.

vikingshadow
07-19-2008, 11:18 AM
technically, ramping is your gun's electronics adding shots to your fingerspeed.

For example, straight up ramping is whenever your fingerspeed hits a predetermined rate of fire - say 10 bps - the gun's electronics takes over and zooms that speed up to a predetermined rate - say 15 bps.

I shoot my gun at 10 bps. The gun takes over and "ramps" my speed to 15 bps so I'm shooting 15 bps, so long as I continue to pull my trigger at 10 bps. Now, you can adjust most electronics to the rate you wish for either end - set it to start ramping at 5 bps and ramp to whatever your loader can feed to (called uncapped but usually only about 20-25 bps.)

auto response - you pull the trigger it fires, you release the trigger it fires. 2 shots per complete pull.

breakout - a special mode that is used only on the breakout of a game - may be full auto, may be PSP, may be something ungodly!

NXL mode - pull the trigger manually 3 times and the gun goes into full auto until you release for 1 sec. After that, it goes back to shooting 3 times before full auto. Up to the league maximum bps.

PSP - pull the trigger manually 3 times, then the electronics take over and shoots 3 times per pull until you quit for 1 second. Then it's back to manually shooting 3 times. Oh, according to PSP, ramping is at 13 bps now.

Hope this helped you understand it a bit more!

silentchaos45
07-19-2008, 07:04 PM
oh wow...i dont think you can get any more clear... it all sounds like things for new players to me.. i like it where you have to pull the trigger as fast as you want it to shoot.. and choppin balls and getting shot to hell because you shot to fast and your hopper couldnt keep up............on 2nd thought where can i get a gun with that stuff :D just kidding

DirtySouth
07-19-2008, 11:07 PM
Psp = 13.3 Bps. :)

vikingshadow
07-20-2008, 08:44 AM
Ok, Picky McPickystein....

I rounded down because MOST people set their guns at 13 so they don't go over the limit on the Pac Timer. The LEGAL limit is 13.3, but it's better to be safe than cost your team a penalty.

:p

SpyderMan723
07-20-2008, 11:39 AM
Psp = 13.3 Bps. :)

because that 1/3rd of a ball will help you soooo much :dodgy:

silentchaos45
07-20-2008, 12:10 PM
Ok, Picky McPickystein....

I rounded down because MOST people set their guns at 13 so they don't go over the limit on the Pac Timer. The LEGAL limit is 13.3, but it's better to be safe than cost your team a penalty.

:p

so you cant shoot faster than 13.3 bps in a tournement?