PDA

View Full Version : my gun is loud.

dsraoof
03-01-2006, 09:59 AM
is there anyway to make my gun quieter???

ElPiloto
03-01-2006, 11:41 AM
Do you have the stock barrel? If not then upgrading the barrel should make it more quieter.

ooglieboogliebob
03-01-2006, 01:52 PM
actually .. all guns are really loud ... if your turn it to LP the sound will lower a bit ... also remember to lube the gun .. that should make it quieter also ... barrel .. most likely just get a 12-14 inch aftermarket barrel ... just for accuracy though ... cuz a barrel doesn't quiet down the sound much ... if at all

ricochet08
03-01-2006, 03:45 PM
yea, making it LP would make it a bit quieter. it's noticable.
a new barrel can help too. my Smart Parts Teardrop makes it a bit quieter.
u have a pilot, correct? (kinda figured that since u posted here, just makin sure)
my friends pilot is quieter than my imagine with his stock barrel, and even quieter when we put the teardrop on it...dunno how but it is :p
the amount or porting (number of holes) on a barrel makes a difference as well.
the more porting, the quieter. the less porting, the louder...n most cases.
also...a paint to barrel match. a good match can make a nice difference in noise and in accuracy.

ooglieboogliebob
03-01-2006, 06:30 PM
um... yeah, but i'd just say lay of the LP bit since it'd cost up to 300 bucks +- .. depending on the deals you get. try a new barrel first

Primal
03-01-2006, 11:11 PM
It`s not realy anything you can do, it`s the construction on the marker you can do somthing with the construction but it`s alot of worke.

ooglieboogliebob
03-02-2006, 02:50 AM
actually .. i have seen differences from just cleaning, polishing, and lubing the gun ... The barrel would probably also help ... and the LP setup can wait till later i guess