PDA

View Full Version : equipment question...!!!!!!

d12pncakethief
07-19-2008, 04:20 AM
ive had woodsball guns, xball guns, and im wondering where the pump is on that list and im thinking bout getting one. any tips bout which one to get

vikingshadow
07-19-2008, 05:24 AM
A pump can be used on any course, it's just going to be a bit more difficult on the speedball/xball field with a thousand balls coming at you at once. However, you trade that off for a VERY light setup and a pack that doesn't bind you up at all - it's like running without one - and you can move a LOT easier. I once ran the length of our woodsball field, being shot at the whole time, and didn't get hit! (I'm fast for my age, always have been, but not superman speed...it just allows you to breath correctly whle you're running.)

Anyway, like I said, it fits in anywhere, though some people only THINK it's a woodsball gun. I love playing with my phantom on the speedball field. It's just a greater challenge and forces you to think about angles, playing tight and aiming.

One day, there was a group of guys visiting our field from a well-known field in the state. This one guy who thought he was better than all of us because of where he played and that we were all a bunch of woodsy noobs, made it know he was going to be tough and beat up on the "woodsy guys" including that noob with the pump (me.) Obviously, he didn't know who we were, because at that time we were one of the better teams in state that attended tournaments.

Anyway, being in charge that day, I made sure he was on the other team all day long. Of course, I got shot out quite a bit, after all I'm not an expert by any means and I was using my pump against other guys who were shooting a LOT of paint, but never by him. Before the last two games of the day, I over heard him talking to his buddies about how he was going to get that "_________ with the pump". This guy had a MAJOR problem - I hadn't bragged about any kills, or talked smack or anything.

My teammates all wanted to "Code Red" him, but I didn't let it happen. I told them I'd handle it. So, I waited to see if we would be down players and if he was going to survive, because I knew he was going to try and bunker me. Sure enough, he took off and was right in the open - I snapped out and put a shot right in the middle of his mask, then laughed when I heard him cussing and trying to say he shot me - his gun wasn't even up during the run (He wasn't that good of a player, just loud.) He stomped off the field talking about lucky noobs and cheaters and so on. (I found out later that my two teammates had bonus balled him as he took his time getting off the field, haha!)

In the staging area, he kept talking trash, so in the last game I made sure that my team held him in his bunker, I double pumped my gun, loading two balls in it. I ran up on him and bunkered him in the neck and the back of the head, feeling "really bad" :rolleyes: about it afterwards, but not rubbing it in so I didn't look like a jerk. He was actually crying after that one!

His "friends all apologized about him, and last I heard he'd quit playing because of all the "cheaters" and "___________ kids who talk trash all the time." Imagine that?

What I'm trying to say is that you can use a pump in any situation - it just depends on how much you want to work.

DFSniper
07-19-2008, 05:53 AM
wow, havent seen a vike-sized post in a while!!

around here its mainly woodsball, but i'm itching to hit a REAL speedball field and try my pump there. the only thing i dont like about pump speedball is because i can't play backman, i have to play front or mid, so i usually end up running the tapes.

slim and shady
07-19-2008, 06:02 AM
The last 3 times i have played i have used pump and everyone else is using Semis, I love it I think its the most fun I have had in a long time. You have to work way harder but its just alot of fun. i have only played woodsball with it though but i definatly sugest trying it if you get a chance.

DFSniper
07-19-2008, 06:13 AM
oh, and when picking teams, i always get picked first :D

Ace24
07-19-2008, 07:41 AM
wow, havent seen a vike-sized post in a while!!

around here its mainly woodsball, but i'm itching to hit a REAL speedball field and try my pump there. the only thing i dont like about pump speedball is because i can't play backman, i have to play front or mid, so i usually end up running the tapes.

You shouldn't play back whit a pump unless you're the last person left and there are more then 1 opposing player :p

Silly

vikingshadow
07-19-2008, 07:56 AM
Shoot - even then I'd take a well placed dorito along the tape in the middle of the field! I hate being stuck in the back when I'm the last guy. But you better have your head on a swivel and be prepared!

DFSniper
07-19-2008, 07:59 AM
You shouldn't play back whit a pump unless you're the last person left and there are more then 1 opposing player :p

Silly

i know that :p but around here, almost everyone has tippys, so when we play airball, i regret not having my spyder because the guy with the A5 plays "back" and just stands behind the can taking pot shots instead of streaming paint.

d12pncakethief
07-19-2008, 07:21 PM
A pump can be used on any course, it's just going to be a bit more difficult on the speedball/xball field with a thousand balls coming at you at once. However, you trade that off for a VERY light setup and a pack that doesn't bind you up at all - it's like running without one - and you can move a LOT easier. I once ran the length of our woodsball field, being shot at the whole time, and didn't get hit! (I'm fast for my age, always have been, but not superman speed...it just allows you to breath correctly whle you're running.)

Anyway, like I said, it fits in anywhere, though some people only THINK it's a woodsball gun. I love playing with my phantom on the speedball field. It's just a greater challenge and forces you to think about angles, playing tight and aiming.

One day, there was a group of guys visiting our field from a well-known field in the state. This one guy who thought he was better than all of us because of where he played and that we were all a bunch of woodsy noobs, made it know he was going to be tough and beat up on the "woodsy guys" including that noob with the pump (me.) Obviously, he didn't know who we were, because at that time we were one of the better teams in state that attended tournaments.

Anyway, being in charge that day, I made sure he was on the other team all day long. Of course, I got shot out quite a bit, after all I'm not an expert by any means and I was using my pump against other guys who were shooting a LOT of paint, but never by him. Before the last two games of the day, I over heard him talking to his buddies about how he was going to get that "_________ with the pump". This guy had a MAJOR problem - I hadn't bragged about any kills, or talked smack or anything.

My teammates all wanted to "Code Red" him, but I didn't let it happen. I told them I'd handle it. So, I waited to see if we would be down players and if he was going to survive, because I knew he was going to try and bunker me. Sure enough, he took off and was right in the open - I snapped out and put a shot right in the middle of his mask, then laughed when I heard him cussing and trying to say he shot me - his gun wasn't even up during the run (He wasn't that good of a player, just loud.) He stomped off the field talking about lucky noobs and cheaters and so on. (I found out later that my two teammates had bonus balled him as he took his time getting off the field, haha!)

In the staging area, he kept talking trash, so in the last game I made sure that my team held him in his bunker, I double pumped my gun, loading two balls in it. I ran up on him and bunkered him in the neck and the back of the head, feeling "really bad" :rolleyes: about it afterwards, but not rubbing it in so I didn't look like a jerk. He was actually crying after that one!

His "friends all apologized about him, and last I heard he'd quit playing because of all the "cheaters" and "___________ kids who talk trash all the time." Imagine that?

What I'm trying to say is that you can use a pump in any situation - it just depends on how much you want to work.thnx for your info and that guy deserved it

DRAGON
07-19-2008, 09:55 PM
ive had woodsball guns, xball guns, and im wondering where the pump is on that list and im thinking bout getting one. any tips bout which one to get

I'm a biased Phantom user but I do have a tip; play a few games using a pump before you buy one. They're not for everyone. You might even be able to rent one -