PDA

View Full Version : Thinking about getting a VS3

patamoose
07-18-2008, 06:14 PM
Either a VS3, Electra, or RSX. But I have some questions about the VS3.

1. Is the VS3 heavy? My current marker is 4.4 pounds, so how much does the VS3 weight?

2. What (if any) barrel upgrades are out there for the VS3?

3. What hopper should I get if I choose to get the VS3? Because it fires up to 30 bps, so I need a pretty darn good hopper.

And I know that the VS3 only runs on air. And I don't know of any air tanks, all I know of is C02 tanks. So if you guys could tell me some of those, this would be much appreciated. Im basically thinking about getting the VS3 because the trigger. It seems really nice and has a good feel to it.

deano 177
07-19-2008, 09:49 AM
1. Not sure. Is a little more meaty than other speedball markers. Nowhere near as heavy as some tippmanns or MR1

2. Lots. Spider threads. Older VS series has "wings" on the front that can be filed off. J&J series works good...

3. I doubt that you will need to shoot that fast. LooK at the halos, empire reloader bs or velocity line up. You can find them for cheap on the Buy-sell-trade (bst) sections.

For Hpa tanks - google Crossfire, Pure energy or HPA paintball. As far as the rocking trigger-- you may want to look at getting a vs2 because some fields don't allow a rocker. Mine came with the vs2's trigger and I took the rocker off and put it in a drawer.

patamoose
07-19-2008, 11:16 AM
Ok, thank you for replying. And Im not sure if the field I play at allows the rocking trigger, so im going to look into the Electra. Thank you!

vs1guy
07-23-2008, 05:09 PM
idk how much it weighs. but i kno my vs1 weighs in the 2 pound range. so the vs3 should be close. barrel upgrades are pretty much anything spyder threaded. tanks are crossfire, custom products, pure energy. go on actionvillage.com. u should find everything. but if u dont want a rocking trigger go for the rsx. if u want the great look of the vs3 but no rocking trigger.

Hazmat13
07-25-2008, 09:21 AM
The electra is very very sweet as well :) and already comes with LEAP