PDA

View Full Version : This is hard!

slim and shady
07-17-2008, 07:06 PM
Does anyone else notice that it is alot more tiring to play pump then with any other marker? i go for a few hours and feel like I was playing for 2 days! It seems like you never sit still.

XSiv Force
07-17-2008, 07:08 PM
thats because you really work ojn getting better angles...its called working out :dodgy:

slim and shady
07-17-2008, 07:11 PM
Sometimes its just crazy im the only one with a pump and most often am out numbered 2-1 against the autos you have to play real smart to keep your head above water let alone take the kills. I have improved alot though and in that situation win more then i lose. we have went out a few times and I think I found my new position in woodsball!

XSiv Force
07-17-2008, 07:19 PM
its fun to play pump i want to get one so far ive only used friends pumps

DFSniper
07-17-2008, 07:21 PM
i would love to play pump more, but theres too much i have to fix on it get it to shoot how i want (too much overbore, feedneck alignment is off, and i need a pocket hopper.)

slim and shady
07-17-2008, 07:27 PM
what do you mean feedneck alignment? isnt it milled to the body?
I was gonna PM you about your detent problem with the hammer to. Its basicaly the same as my Trracer for detents (it has none either and thats a pain in the butt) I took one of those little stickers that is bubbled up and put it right at the begining of the barrel, so when i close my bolt it pushes the ball right ontop of it and is pinched there. Its not narrow enough to dimple the ball but its enough to hold it there without it comming out. Works great and never comes out even with a barrel squeegie.

DFSniper
07-17-2008, 07:31 PM
well, the feedneck kind of snapped off again (the previous owner had informed me that he welded it back on the first time) and when i JBWelded it back on, it wasnt centered, so theres a lip and you pretty much have to rock the gun to get the next ball to feed. i just havent gotten around to fixing it yet. and with the detent problem, i could solve it with a barrel kit. my barrels are all med-large bore, and the paint the field sells is small bore :(

slim and shady
07-17-2008, 07:35 PM
I dont have the luxery of selecting a bunch of different barrels there is only one aftermarket barrel made for the trracer so i couldnt do that. Bum I think im going to get my progressive remilled to fit my trracer since i never use it on my spyder's anymore.

bigred76
07-17-2008, 11:47 PM
Just get the J&J barrel for the Traccer threading....

slim and shady
07-18-2008, 08:51 AM
^ yeah thats the only aftermarket barrel availeble for the trracer its about 60 I beleive the last time i looked at it. I still think im gonna get my progressive re-milled instead that would be alot cheeper.

Anyone know why otters link to "pump tactics" (I think thats what it was called, its in the stickes) wont work? or is it just my computer?

XSiv Force
07-18-2008, 08:54 AM
i think his stuff has been down for a while i think we need to send the delta force after him

slim and shady
07-18-2008, 09:00 AM
^wtf

XSiv Force
07-18-2008, 09:23 AM
hey got a question bout pump where is the rule book for pump tourneys?

slim and shady
07-18-2008, 10:13 AM
Send Bamf or Vike a PM they will know

Ace24
07-18-2008, 12:21 PM
Playing pump against 10 people with PSP and semi's is fun. IMO.

slim and shady
07-18-2008, 04:02 PM
I think that this is probably the most fun I have had paintballing in a long time im even considering playing pump all the time, might have to buy a phantom. What do you use Ace?

police_brutality
07-21-2008, 05:46 AM
i love snipers

slim and shady
07-21-2008, 09:05 AM
I think that pump play really amplifies the sport I would love to find an all pump scenario up here. i think that would just be a blast. For now I will stick to woodsball till I find one! But it deffinatly changes the game alot, and brings you back to the tactical side of paintball, finding angles, anticipating what your oponents will try to do, always having your own plans maped out and double checked for what you want to do all adds to the excitment. Another great perk I could probably play like 3-4 times a week for the entire summer and only shoot one case of paint and maby use a few 9oz Co2 tanks! The cost is alot more efficient.

sneekypete
04-18-2009, 09:27 AM
Well I will get to find out what it is like soon. I am playing on the 26th at my local coarse and I will be the only pump player (come to think about it I think I am the only pump player in Medicine Hat at least I have not seen or heard of an other). I really can't wait I am just a little worried about my poor fat heart from what I have read but it should be alot of fun. I will let you know how it goes. :D

slim and shady
04-18-2009, 10:29 AM
Thats great hope you have a good time. Im heading to YGP tommorow for the scenario club teams. I probably wont use my pump this round thoguh.