PDA

View Full Version : Yep, Gots Another Gun

Paradox313
07-17-2008, 02:46 PM
At first I really wasn't too interested in Dangerous Power guns, but I thought why not give them a try, so I picked up a G3.

Traded my Pm7 for:
Black G3 w/stock parts
CP Reg
Lucky Barrel
NXe Barrel Sock
$25

http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/9454/picture001bh7.jpg

http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/2694/picture002ql0.jpg

So far I'm very impressed with this little marker. This is the LIGHTEST marker I've ever held and it's seriously the best marker somebody could buy for $400.
I really don't like the trigger at all. A spring is slipped between the trigger and the frame, and that's what keeps tension on it. Really juvenile in my opinion. I might pick up one of those Rendition magnet trigger kits, but that's really all you need to upgrade on it.
The grips don't do much of anything either. Don't do any gripping at all. I'm gonna pick up some Hybrid grips if I can find some for cheap.
I'm gonna go play with it tomorrow night with the upgraded parts, and stock parts, and see if they make some differences.

Also the board doesn't have much adjustments so that's a turn off. It's just a bunch of dip switches so you can't cap the ROF, or anything like that.
I just wish that stock boards adopt DYE's stock UL board settings. Best stock board ever IMO.

But if I was to recommend a gun for an intermediate player, definitely get a G3.

The Pumper
07-17-2008, 03:02 PM
niceeee
those look sweet

DFSniper
07-17-2008, 03:03 PM
yeah, they're pretty nice. size-wise, think of them as a halfbacked mini. they're almost exactly the same size. i saw one at the field, and one guy tried my spyder and turned to the guy with the G3 and said "hey, his trigger pull is lighter than yours!" :D

Muddytaco
07-17-2008, 04:30 PM
I def. would of kept the PM7 over anything DP.

Paradox313
07-17-2008, 04:42 PM

I don't know dude. This gun feels, and looks pretty awesome. I just hope it shoots as good as it looks.

What about your threshold? I thought you liked it.

LostCause
07-17-2008, 05:00 PM
i think thats downgrading, but to each their own

TheDarkShadow
07-17-2008, 07:19 PM
seems like that was a down grade, but it looks great

Paradox313
07-17-2008, 07:22 PM
seems like that was a down grade, but it looks great

Oh well. I've always wanted to try G3.

The RAPS Flip On/Off is probably the best on/off I've used.
Just a simple flip and we're good.

SupaSnipa
07-17-2008, 07:24 PM
I would deffinatly have taken that trade. Nice pickup!
I would love to own one, hope it treats you well.

xsvly-fat
07-17-2008, 08:57 PM
I shoot my friends once and I really liked it, it felt alot like my old Mini. He said it was really bad on air though.

Paradox313
07-17-2008, 09:30 PM
I shoot my friends once and I really liked it, it felt alot like my old Mini. He said it was really bad on air though.

I'm gonna decide for myself tomorrow. I've heard around 1200 on a 68/45, so it's not terrible, but not the best either.

xsvly-fat
07-17-2008, 09:35 PM
Yeah I don't think he teched it right or his tank was really messed up

Paradox313
07-17-2008, 09:42 PM
Yeah I don't think he teched it right or his tank was really messed up

Not much you can do to tech a G3. I mean there are 6 orings and the reg. That's all you need to service. And I wouldn't think that his tank was messed up.

I'll just find out tomorrow night. Nightball is the funnest kind of paintball ever.

Ace24
07-17-2008, 10:11 PM

You're an oddball. :p Have you ever even touched or tried a G3?

i think thats downgrading, but to each their own

Not in the slightest. Trust me on this.

My team captain has one and I tried it out. Good lord! Only things it really needs are a new board (which, btw, goes for $30 brand new with all the modes you need) and a new trigger. Other then that, the gun is PERFECT. It is THE gun so far. I honestly haven't found anything that I seriously disliked about it yet. Most balanced, light gun I've ever used and it feels incredibly comfortable in your hands.

Great pickup and I can't stress that enough. When the rear gauge ports come out, you should pick one up.

Paradox313
07-17-2008, 10:20 PM
Only things it really needs are a new board (which, btw, goes for $30 brand new with all the modes you need) and a new trigger. Other then that, the gun is PERFECT. It is THE gun so far. I honestly haven't found anything that I seriously disliked about it yet. Most balanced, light gun I've ever used and it feels incredibly comfortable in your hands.

Great pickup and I can't stress that enough. When the rear gauge ports come out, you should pick one up.

Couldn't agree with you more. I wish it had ROF caps, debounce, and all of that, but I'm not sure if I want to drop $130 on one.
However as soon as like a rake/sling blade/critical or some other type of trigger comes out, I'm picking one up. This is the worst trigger since the Ion trigger. Sad but true. It's so wobbly, not even funny.

The PMD is out. Though not being advertised, I'm being told in the DP forums in PbN that I need to call DP to order one. I'm sure they're gonna be around $30 or so. But I don't think I need one. It's really there for tuning purposes, but you don't need to tune it, only break it in.
Oh and it's been called the PMD (Pressure Measuring Device), and RMPG (Rear Measuring Pressure Gauge), also called RAMPAGE Gauge.

Also another pet peeve of mine with the G3, is the extra space for the snatch grip. It gets in the way when I'm aiming, like it hits the top of my Events. I moved the ASA back a little bit, and solved that problem. Just wanted to share that :D

Ace24
07-17-2008, 10:36 PM
I've never had that problem. *shrugs* I've also gotten used to using a Cocker, so I naturally keep my head back a little from the gun lmao.

bigred76
07-17-2008, 11:08 PM
Guns for under $400 I would buy over a G3: Alias (grow some and realize that it's the perfect size!), CYBORG, PM7, DM6, STDM5..... A whole bunch of better guns out there than some DP gat.

Paradox313
07-17-2008, 11:16 PM
Guns for under $400 I would buy over a G3: Alias (grow some and realize that it's the perfect size!), CYBORG, PM7, DM6, STDM5..... A whole bunch of better guns out there than some DP gat.

Nigh impossible to find a DM6 or PM7 under $400, unless it's broken, or already sold.

Plus I wanted to try out a G3, it's seriously an awesome little gat. You have to hold it to understand.

Ace24
07-17-2008, 11:39 PM

I'd agree with the Alias and Borg... but not the PM7 or STDM5... DM6 is eh... in comparison. Honestly...

Most of the people who are saying they'd take another gun over it, haven't held it, shot it, or used it in a game I'm assuming. DP makes good guns... I don't understand the resentment. The Fusion is a great FASOR. F8's are incredible... honestly.

Thresh was a mistake... but the G3 by far made up for it. I can't wait to see the Rev-i.

bigred76
07-17-2008, 11:52 PM
DP made the Threshold, and when doing so, forgot to take into account the differences in material widths when undergoing anodizing and acid washing. Thus, DOW55 is required in that marker because of their folly. I will never again own a marker from DP if they cannot remember the basics of building a marker.

Paradox... "near" impossible isn't impossible. ;)

Ace24
07-18-2008, 10:01 AM
DP made the Threshold, and when doing so, forgot to take into account the differences in material widths when undergoing anodizing and acid washing. Thus, DOW55 is required in that marker because of their folly. I will never again own a marker from DP if they cannot remember the basics of building a marker.

Paradox... "near" impossible isn't impossible. ;)

Prove to me that Dow55 is required.

The dump system that the Thresh had was too long. Otherwise, it was a decent gun. The G3 is the update on that. Same system, better feel, better looks, lighter, smaller bolt, smoother operating.

You say stuff like that, yet you don't take into account all the failures of the other companies as they developed over time. Take into consideration the Dark DM5.

codymm1014
07-18-2008, 12:36 PM
Prove to me that Dow55 is required.

The dump system that the Thresh had was too long. Otherwise, it was a decent gun. The G3 is the update on that. Same system, better feel, better looks, lighter, smaller bolt, smoother operating.

You say stuff like that, yet you don't take into account all the failures of the other companies as they developed over time. Take into consideration the Dark DM5.

Sorry if Im woring, but the threshold isnt *worse* than the G3. It has pros and cons to the newer design. Im pretty sure that the Threshold will have better efficiency, and very similar kick/recoil. Smaller bolt doesnt mean much of anything. In my opinion I would take a Threshold over a g3 except for the fact that the G3 is going to have a lot more upgrades in the future.

And Paradox, the new board isnt 130. Its only 30$. Great price for a good board. New triggers are supposed to be coming out soon as well.

I may be wrong though on the differences between the g3 and threshold, considering I own a Threshold and never shot a g3.

Either way. Nice gun paradox. I would have traded you my Threshold for that PM7 though. I need one.

bigred76
07-18-2008, 07:21 PM
Call Dangerous Power and ask them yourself, Ted. The manual says DOW55, PBN says DOW55, and their tech line says DOW55.

Paradox313
07-18-2008, 10:16 PM
Call Dangerous Power and ask them yourself, Ted. The manual says DOW55, PBN says DOW55, and their tech line says DOW55.

Obviously have not read the manual, nor been to the DP forums on PbN.
Dow 33.

Well after playing with it today I liked it quite a bit, but I definitely liked my PM7 more.
The G3 was pretty consistent over the chrono, but it shot louder than my Dm6, and wasn't as accurate as my DM6. I was using the .693 Lucky Un1 barrel, and then used my .692 UL. Made a HUGE difference. I was seeing my balls fly straighter.
The trigger is terrible. One of the worst triggers to shoot on ever. I was switching between left and right all night long, and when I pulled the trigger, it sometimes wouldn't shoot, and I know my hopper was feeding fast enough.

Unbelievably, around 4-7 games in, the frame screws were loose. I was able to wiggle the body back and forth. I went back to my car, tightened up the screws, and pulled out my Dm6.

The G3 is perfect for the player who plays occasionally, but definitely not for someone who plays alot.

I'll be putting a video up tomorrow, showing you guys how it shoots.

Paradox313
07-19-2008, 11:15 AM
Ok, Vid up

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=stYeBmLlq8I

HelpDeskHustler
07-19-2008, 02:11 PM
Tim, you're such a whiner. ***** some more, really. DP is making pretty decent guns with VERY LITTLE experience. I know some people are going to get up in arms about this, but maybe it's time for you to realize that some people don't want a gun that's been used a whole bunch. Frankly, DM's, PM's and are impossible for somebody with an average PBn IQ to maintain.

Oh and for the record, STDM5's make me want to carve my eyes out. I'd rather shoot an Ion than a pre06 Matrix.

Paradox313
07-20-2008, 12:13 AM
Horrah, I get to keep my PM7!

Apparently the guy saw me put up a BST for the G3, and decided he wanted the G3 back cause I didn't like it. I'm gonna ship the G3 back to him come Monday.

So in the end. I got to pay $10 (Shipping the G3 and all the goodies back to him) to try out a gun that I didn't like, but at least I got to shoot it, and have opinions of it.

bigred76
07-20-2008, 12:47 AM
Obviously have not read the manual, nor been to the DP forums on PbN.
Dow 33.
Been there, tried that. Bolt will leak like a mother ****er and the marker will not work properly. Have you tried DOW33 in a Threshold recently? :) Oh, and btw, last time I checked... the manual wasn't online, it was a paper copy in front of me. I still don't think they have an uploaded PDF manual out yet.
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=2329622
That thread on PBN was found via the Ultimate Sticky, and clearly states to lube with DOW55.

Tim, you're such a whiner. ***** some more, really. DP is making pretty decent guns with VERY LITTLE experience. I know some people are going to get up in arms about this, but maybe it's time for you to realize that some people don't want a gun that's been used a whole bunch. Frankly, DM's, PM's and are impossible for somebody with an average PBn IQ to maintain.

Oh and for the record, STDM5's make me want to carve my eyes out. I'd rather shoot an Ion than a pre06 Matrix.
You're one to talk about whining, I'm piping experience into this thread. :rolleyes:

DP needs some more experience before I even consider one of their guns again. I'll stick with my main, reliable brands, with good, easy to reach tech support. Once I managed to figure out how to get into their tech line, DP was great. Finding out their phone number... I thought I'd walked into the Gobi trying to find a puddle of water. :rolleyes: Now the number is easily found in the Ultimate Sticky in the DP forum of PBN, but it wasn't as well known a year ago when I owned my Threshold. I'm lucky as **** I even came across it when I needed it!

And what's wrong with a perfectly decent used marker? I'm sorry some of us don't feel like paying full retail prices for guns when they're soooo much cheaper used, with World Cup bringing resale value down being the only major depreciation in it's value. I will never buy a gun new again.

Shocktech bodies are the ****, I have no clue what you're talking about.

Paradox313
07-20-2008, 10:40 AM
Wait were we talking about the G3 or the Threshold?

The Pumper
07-20-2008, 02:41 PM
Nice vid. doesnt look too bad, never shot or even held a DP marker before.

Paradox313
07-20-2008, 05:11 PM
Oh I almost forgot.

The highlight of my night when I was playing was this little kid had like one of those cooler lunch pales for a pack, and I started to talk to him saying like how dope that was for a pack (and I did mean it, it was so creative). So he says how he couldn't afford a pack, or pods, so he opened the top, and I'm not kidding, he had a water bottle for a pod.
It may not be believable, but it was.

The Pumper
07-20-2008, 05:14 PM
I've tried a bottle for a pod but the paintballs get messed up

xsvly-fat
07-20-2008, 08:47 PM
I have seen people do it before, I believe it lol