PDA

View Full Version : Good Electronic Hopper for MR2 with Eye

Dustin'sspyder
07-15-2008, 04:46 PM
Hey does anyone know what a good electronic hopper for a MR2 Spyder with eye that runs about $25-$65?

DRAGON
07-15-2008, 04:49 PM
Fasta LCD -

DFSniper
07-15-2008, 04:56 PM
used Evolution 3. i paid $35 for mine.

slim and shady
07-15-2008, 05:00 PM
I dont know If I would choose either one of those hoppers for my MR2 (Just my opinion) The MR2 has alot of blowback issues and I always sugest getting a true force feed hopper. I have a halo and I really like it works well with the MR2 and you can pick them up used pretty cheep.
I used a eggy III and hated it just didnt cut it for my marker, I have heard mixed opinions about the Fasta, but a common complaint is the shells break esily. I personaly would try to get my hands on a used Halo.

EDIT: Welcome to the forums, be sure to look at variouse members signatures as most of them have very useful links in them.

DFSniper
07-15-2008, 05:02 PM
shady, i run my zeggy on a blind imagine/victor and have never experienced blowback problems with it.

slim and shady
07-15-2008, 05:06 PM
Im just saying my experiences with the Eggy and the MR2, I cant comment on a imagine or victor as I have no personale experience with either and the product mentioned. Just my opinion on my experiences and not ment to debunk or imply that anyone elses opinion is invalade or wrong. ;)

EDIT: and my eperience with it made me want to make sure no one else goes through it!

DRAGON
07-15-2008, 05:09 PM
Basically both the Fasta and Eggo are force fed hoppers. The balls are being force fed into the marker feedneck by an impellar in the hopper -

slim and shady
07-15-2008, 05:12 PM
Here all these years I thought they were considered agitating hoppers have I bein wrong?

DRAGON
07-15-2008, 05:16 PM
Agitating hoppers are just that. Revy's are agitating hoppers. They have a moving impellar but only agitate the balls to keep gravity pulling the balls down the feedneck. BTW, I did a review on the Fasta in the reviews section. I think it drop test averaged about 26bps if my memory serves me right -

slim and shady
07-15-2008, 05:20 PM
But eggy's fasta ect, dont keep constant pressure on the stack so there considered agitaters too arent they? The couldnt be cosidered a force feed. At least that is what I always thought hope i havnt bein missinforming everyone.

EDIT: Check this latter gotta run, or if you dont wanna clutter the thread shoot me a PM thanks

XSiv Force
07-15-2008, 05:23 PM
APACHE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Slimis going to yell at me :D but its worth it :dodgy:

slim and shady
07-15-2008, 05:29 PM
^LOL thats it I resigne good luck with your marker and your choice of loader. PM if you try these and they dont work, I will stear you in the right direction! :dodgy: :D

DRAGON
07-15-2008, 05:32 PM
Both hoppers have a runway where the impellar forces the balls down the feedneck. The y board for the Eggo did not keep a constant tension on the stack. The newer z board does. If you've ever tested one, you'll notice it winds out faster than normal in the beginning and end of each run. The winding afterwards is to tense the balls ready for the next shot(s). The Fasta far as what I noticed keeps the same tension as well -

Besides all that habitual rhetorical argument, nothing takes away the fact that they force balls down the feedneck, hence 'force fed' - ;)

slim and shady
07-15-2008, 05:35 PM
ha ha I resign Dragon but when I get bombarded by members telling me there not force feed im sending them to you! ;)

chrisjb82
07-16-2008, 04:37 AM
its been said before but it really depends on how you like to shoot. If you are a speed demon that likes to blow a case of paint in 20 minutes then you'll want something a bit more expensive like a Halo or something along those lines. Or if you are a more conservative player then most anything will work, an EggyIII, Apache, whatever. I usually play conservatively only cause I don't have a lot of money to play but I do like to be able to give that nice burst of a crap load of paint going down the field so the best one I found that worked without making the gun into a spray painting gun was a Halo. I had tried the Eggy 3 and an Apache and they wouldn't keep up at all. Try seeing if you can find some different hoppers that you could try out and see what works for you. Thats really the best I can say...this upgrading and moding deal is a very different from one person to the next!!!

I thought the same Slim...only the hoppers that put constant pressure were true "force fed"...the others only acted like it.
...ok I think I've said enough... =)

TheDarkShadow
07-16-2008, 06:07 AM
you can get a new torque for $70

Dustin'sspyder
07-16-2008, 06:26 AM
what the difference between the fasta with lcd and the fasta without?

slim and shady
07-16-2008, 07:08 AM
its been said before but it really depends on how you like to shoot. If you are a speed demon that likes to blow a case of paint in 20 minutes then you'll want something a bit more expensive like a Halo or something along those lines. Or if you are a more conservative player then most anything will work, an EggyIII, Apache, whatever. I usually play conservatively only cause I don't have a lot of money to play but I do like to be able to give that nice burst of a crap load of paint going down the field so the best one I found that worked without making the gun into a spray painting gun was a Halo. I had tried the Eggy 3 and an Apache and they wouldn't keep up at all. Try seeing if you can find some different hoppers that you could try out and see what works for you. Thats really the best I can say...this upgrading and moding deal is a very different from one person to the next!!!

I thought the same Slim...only the hoppers that put constant pressure were true "force fed"...the others only acted like it.
...ok I think I've said enough... =)

I still think that and no one is gonna convince me otherwise. However its just a simple difference of opinion and nothing more. I would look through alot of the old threads in this MR2 section and you will see alot of people who have tried the "agitated" route and just werent happy so they ended up having to uprgrade again.
I havnt looked at the fasta in a very long time so I forget what the difference is, the LCD has a display screan on the back and a few different features to go with it.

Dustin'sspyder
07-16-2008, 08:14 AM
I think im going to buy a halo hopper with rip drive on eBay. Ive always heard good things about them and i need a good hopper to keep up with my gun when i get it working
Thanks 4 Everything!!

sneekypete
07-16-2008, 12:52 PM
Have you looked at the Q-loader. If you are going to spend the $ for a halo it is something to think about. I love mine but again it is just my opinion

Dustin'sspyder
07-16-2008, 01:04 PM
How does it work?

sneekypete
07-16-2008, 03:04 PM
Basically it is spring driven. When you load the pods it winds the spring and when you insert the pod it releases the spring. click on the link in my sig and you can see mine and a few others history with hoppers. If I had that info I could have saved a lot of $. For more info on the Q-loader go Here (http://www.qloader.com/system.html)

Forgot to add No batteries:D

Dustin'sspyder
07-18-2008, 09:54 AM
Are they easy to fill?

sneekypete
07-18-2008, 09:58 AM
Not the way they set you up to do it. IT IS A PAIN!!!!!!. Now having said that the way that I do it takes about 5-10 sec to fill a pod. I use and old Revy Loader.