PDA

View Full Version : usps, gotta love em...wait

maximus100389
07-15-2008, 02:23 PM
Just wondering how long everyone has waiting for a package from usps. Mostly people who have received them from across the country. 9 days seems a bit long.

Critical
07-15-2008, 02:36 PM
I only have ever had to wait 9 days for things coming from Canada or Alaska/Hawaii. Although, are you counting from payment date, or actual shipping date?

vikingshadow
07-15-2008, 02:48 PM
I usually average a 10 days when I have things coming to me from USPS. One reason I refuse to shop at online stores that use USPS. It once took Actionvillage more than 12 days to send me something from Illinois. (AV rant saved for some other time.) That, and I've had several packages destroyed by them.

Seems really strange since I live in the center of the country...

DFSniper
07-15-2008, 02:50 PM
2 weeks, standard shipping from I Don't Remember...

Nenkitsune
07-22-2008, 09:21 PM
USPS first class blows big time. Priority shipping isn't too bad though. It always gets here on time.

Ace24
07-22-2008, 10:40 PM
I've never had a problem... 3-5 days max.

vikingshadow
07-23-2008, 05:10 AM
I ordered a hood and light for my fish tank from Petsmart two and a half weeks ago yesterday - it was in stock (at least they said it was). According to the USPS tracking system, I SHOULD get it today. We'll see.

Yeah - I'm not a big fan.

LostCause
07-23-2008, 06:53 AM
from AV......2 months...and it was in stock....after sendding a angry e-mail...gotten stufff from AV within 7 days...

FedEx FTW!

mr1 sniper
07-23-2008, 07:16 AM
from AV......2 months...and it was in stock....after sendding a angry e-mail...gotten stufff from AV within 7 days...

FedEx FTW!

i think mine was around that time from av

fed ex FTW!

shunut
07-23-2008, 10:07 AM
USPS Parcel post sucks, it always takes forever when somebody has sent something to me via parcel post. First Class and Priority have never given me trouble no matter where it has been sent from.

HelpDeskHustler
07-23-2008, 10:52 AM
Vike, you live in Oklahoma, nobody can get to you in less than a week. :dodgy:

One note though: actionvillage uses Fedex "smart post" which is why it takes so long. Basically fedex ships to your local usps warehouse in 3 days, then it sits there to be scanned for however long, before usps gets around to it. The security/scanning is why it takes so long.

I never have problems with USPS, but like ace, I live in a fairly populated area.

vikingshadow
07-23-2008, 12:27 PM
You're actually right. Seems like sometimes, whoever the powers that be have to wait for volunteers to want to deliver something to OK. :headbrick: I have something coming from AV, and it's coming from Illinois - just two states away from me. I ordered it Sunday, and I don't look to get it until at least next Wednesday.

I hate ordering from AV because of USPS, but unfortunately they were the cheapest I could find this time.

vikingshadow
07-28-2008, 07:49 PM
Ok, new record!

I ordered something from AV, and it was shipped on July 18th. Here it is the 28th and I still haven't received it. I did check the tracking and it appears to have been accepted in my local recieving place (wherever that is) today. I MIGHT get it tomorrow, and if I do, it'll be 11 days - now, the map say it should be 5-8 days...I guess they left the different color out that says "Everywhere but Woodward!" 11 days, from Illinois - just 2 states away. I could have driven there and gotten back in two days, spending the night and doing some sight seeing.

Yeah, USPS is slow. AV just makes it slow and painful.

battlechaser
07-28-2008, 08:04 PM
I only ever have trouble with UPS or Fedex ordering from the US. As for terrible shippng...

V Force Grillz mask, paid for on the 6th of July, shipped the 10th (apparently), according to Canada post it was 3 days away regular parcel (about a 5-6 hour drive). I'm still waiting.

VicReschke0626
07-28-2008, 10:05 PM
I've had all three screw up on my so many times, I almost expect it. But if I can, I prefer FedEx and USPS over UPS. UPS likes to deliver after 5-6pm to my house, well after I've left for my night job already. I've never had a experience with UPS that has impressed me either. USPS and FedEx have at least one instance where they impressed me. Fed-Ex delivered my RS a day early and before 9am, so I was very pleased. And USPS got my Palmer from Cali to Chicagoland in 3 days. I thought that was impressive.

Meanwhile, UPS has delayed packages a whole weekend because they were slow. They usually try to tell me it was bad weather. Yeah....I can stand on my roof and see the UPS facility near my house, I've had them inform me my package was delayed at that facility due to "bad weather" when it's 75 and sunny out. "Bad weather" more like pathetic excuse for whoops it fell behind some other boxes and we lost track of it and didn't find it until it was too late to put it on a truck.

The Pumper
07-28-2008, 10:09 PM
I dont usually have a problem with USPS. My last transaction, i sent a padded envelope with my ipod and it took 3 days with first class. Shipped monday, delivered on thursday.

calebh
07-29-2008, 02:34 PM
after a 3 week wait for an hpa tank to get to me, i always use priority shipping with USPS. unless it's in an envelope. never had a problem with those taking forever to get anywhere...

pb34
07-29-2008, 03:03 PM
In order to get a tracking number it has to be priority right?

The Pumper
07-29-2008, 03:05 PM
i dont think so, you can pay less for parcel for example and still have a tracking # to see where it is