PDA

View Full Version : upgrading.. need advice

silentchaos45
07-14-2008, 12:43 PM
whats up.. my spyder imagine has been out of commission for 3 years and im looking to upgrade it. ive got a lot of things planned out to get for it already but id like to have some other opinions. like what would be a good buy, what would be pointless to get, and other things that you might recommend getting. thanks

heres the list of what im getting
-CCM Spyder Heli Clamp No Rise Feed Neck - With Holes - Dust Black / Black
-Kila Products Spyder V2 Ball Detent - Black
-New Designz Spyder Bullet Volumizer - Black
-New Designz Spyder HP Valve
-New Designz Spyder HP Valve Stem
-Orange Spyder Speedwave Bolt
-Psychoballistics On/Off Bullet Drop Forward - Black
-Spyder Java Expansion Chamber Kit - Red
-Virtue Universal Spyder Board
-Viewloader Revolution Eye Force Paintball Loader - Black

TheDarkShadow
07-14-2008, 06:27 PM
for all that, you could get a new gun

Hossy
07-14-2008, 06:53 PM
Just go get a VS2 or one of the new guns Kingman just released.
save yourself some dough

silentchaos45
07-15-2008, 12:37 PM
true.. but ive heard alot of bad things bout them and i know my imagine is a good gun.. if i go for a new gun why not go for a gun that gets nothing but good reveiws..(no offense though, its just i love my spyder imagine and would rather spend alot of money on a good gun then spend alot of money on somthing thats not worth holding) but i could be wrong i really dont know thats why i posted here :cool:

Hossy
07-15-2008, 12:41 PM
The VS2 is better than your gun.
I dont know where you hear bad reviews, but 99 percent of the time the VS2 is going to be better than any other older spyder (like yours)
If your going to bash spyder, then go out and buy a ion, bushmaster, pmr, etc etc.

Maj_Paint
07-15-2008, 02:51 PM
If your going to bash spyder, then go out and buy a ion, bushmaster, pmr, etc etc.

I say go for it. I've had 3 spyders since I've started playing (x-tra, '07 Sonix, and Imagine) and I wouldn't give them up to save my life. Even though I'm building and autococker.

I don't call that bashing, just someone else's opinon.

TheDarkShadow
07-15-2008, 04:05 PM
VS2> (majorly) imagine

silentchaos45
07-15-2008, 09:21 PM
The VS2 is better than your gun.
I dont know where you hear bad reviews, but 99 percent of the time the VS2 is going to be better than any other older spyder (like yours)

ok 1st if you read my post you'd notice i love my spyder...2nd if i wanted a gun that ran on nothing but n2 i wouldnt be getting rid of my 05 superstock autococker.. i have no where close that fills n2.. and its not worth driving 3 hours to fill a tank then play 2 games.. but i understand now that it is stupid to waste all that money on my imagine.. so lets go another route... what other spyder guns would you recommend... ive got my eyes on the Spyder MR2 with Eye and the Spyder RS.... what do ya think?

TheDarkShadow
07-16-2008, 07:40 AM
you have a few options http://www.actionvillage.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/BrowseCatalog-Start;sid=YeY1GpThRN81NNyfZ4_1sp5HxKaAxhVQYjM=?Cat egoryName=paintball-paintball-guns-spyder-paintball-guns-electronic-spyders
-MR2 w/eye, imo get the MR3 (if you want a milsim marker) because it has the better stock and I like that shroud better
-RS
-Electra

it's just preferance. I personally would choose the electra out of those 3

silentchaos45
07-16-2008, 09:52 AM
hm... ok thanks :)