PDA

View Full Version : So I was looking for a 2k5 Timmy frame...

battlechaser
07-13-2008, 08:04 PM
And I got one... it just happens to be attached to a non working gun..

2k2 Timmy with 05 frame, it doesn't completely cycle. Bolt and ram cycle, but the poppet doesn't open. The front block is a bit loose too. Fix could be just as simple as some o-rings, but I don't play semi anymore so I have no desire to even try to fix it.

-05 frame
-WAS 2.6 (ramping and everything)
-Hybrid adjustable ram cap
-Check it unimount
-lasoya lpr
-clamping feedneck
-shocktech bolt
-Tomahawk eye covers
-Alias trigger
-14 inch proto barrel
Pics:
http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa14/paintball312/Picture013.jpg , http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa14/paintball312/Picture014.jpg

I'm thinking the poppet might be bent or something maybe it just needs a lube? Any ideas?

Ace24
07-13-2008, 08:16 PM
Most likely a broken poppet. Also, from what I've seen (at least with the Species I'm getting) the 2k5 frames don't fit well with the 2k2 blocks. Or at least the Alias one doesn't with the block that the Species has. :shrug: Might have to do with it being loose?

Looks like you've got a backup to your species now. :)

bigred76
07-13-2008, 10:44 PM
I'm thinking just send it into BLAST... They'll fix their guns (even Classics) for free 9/10 times.

Also, wrong section. ;)

battlechaser
07-14-2008, 03:23 AM
Most likely a broken poppet. Also, from what I've seen (at least with the Species I'm getting) the 2k5 frames don't fit well with the 2k2 blocks. Or at least the Alias one doesn't with the block that the Species has. :shrug: Might have to do with it being loose?

Looks like you've got a backup to your species now. :)

To be honest I don't really "need" a backup, not to mention I'm getting the gun on borrowed cash, so I'm hoping I can swipe the 2k5 frame, fix it and "flip" it as they say.

I'm thinking just send it into BLAST... They'll fix their guns (even Classics) for free 9/10 times.

Also, wrong section. ;)

There's pics!

And due to the fact that I live up north I doubt I'll send it to BLAST, as that might cost a small fortune in shipping.

bigred76
07-14-2008, 08:40 AM
Hmm, didn't see them last night.... :confused:

Check the HPR and LPR pressures (should be 200psi and 75psi respectively), the dwell (should be 5-10ms), and all that sort of stuff after you rip down and lube the entire gun.

battlechaser
07-14-2008, 11:04 AM
Hmm, didn't see them last night.... :confused:

Check the HPR and LPR pressures (should be 200psi and 75psi respectively), the dwell (should be 5-10ms), and all that sort of stuff after you rip down and lube the entire gun.

My 733t ninja skillz strike again! They were just links last night, I figured I'd post the pics to save our friendly neighbourhood moderators some trouble.

Yup, that's going to be the first thing on the agenda, the teardown. If I find anything funky I'll be sure to post pics. ;)

DFSniper
07-14-2008, 12:00 PM
sexy gun... 2k2 body w/ texas storm covers? covers actually don't look too bad on that body in those colors.

battlechaser
07-14-2008, 12:38 PM
sexy gun... 2k2 body w/ texas storm covers? covers actually don't look too bad on that body in those colors.

2k2 body with Tomahawk covers, every pic I just found of a stock Texas Storm has the plain covers. I don't mind the gun it at all, though to be honest I bought it for the frame and some experience tearing down timmies before I touch my Species in the same manner. ;)

Only a couple more bits to go.. :D

DFSniper
07-14-2008, 12:45 PM
nice. i was looking to build a timmy over the summer, but i'm REALLY short on funding now...

battlechaser
07-14-2008, 01:19 PM
nice. i was looking to build a timmy over the summer, but i'm REALLY short on funding now...

I know the feeling, college is like a gorilla choking your wallet. :(

DFSniper
07-14-2008, 02:00 PM
so are car repairs...

battlechaser
07-14-2008, 02:21 PM
so are car repairs...

That sucks, what happened?

vikingshadow
07-14-2008, 05:07 PM
I know the feeling, college is like a gorilla choking your wallet. :(

Wait until you get married. Then it's like a female gorilla choking your wallet.

Now, if you happen to be as lucky as me, I got to have both gorillas tag teaming me like an ECW cage match!

battlechaser
07-14-2008, 05:21 PM
Wait until you get married. Then it's like a female gorilla choking your wallet.

Now, if you happen to be as lucky as me, I got to have both gorillas tag teaming me like an ECW cage match!

The female gorilla stole my wallet when we moved in together, marriage is only a formality at this point. ;)

Lucky for me though, when she does actually find work in her field (teaching) she'll make more money than I will, then at least I might get to play with my own money again... maybe..?

vikingshadow
07-14-2008, 05:29 PM
Lucky for me though, when she does actually find work in her field (teaching) she'll make more money than I will, then at least I might get to play with my own money again... maybe..?

Good luck with that! Money and teaching don't belong in the same sentence together. Speaking from experience here, sadly. I took a HUGE pay cut to be a teacher (about 10,000.00 - 15,000.00/year. If I had stayed at that job, I estimated I would probably be making over 100K by now, instead of the sub 50 grand I make now. EEK!)

My wife actually made MORE money than me last year by about 1000 bucks - with one year of vo-tech vs my two degrees from two different accredited universities.

Unless they pay teachers more where you are, which is entirely possible. (Oklahoma is like 48th or so out of all the states in low teacher pay. Aren't you from Canada? They may pay differently there.)

Don't get me wrong though. I love my job and that's more important than making a large amount of money in a job you hate - I did that also, and I haven't missed the money since. We pay our bills and have money left to save and spend, so it's all good!

TheDarkShadow
07-14-2008, 05:37 PM
what did you do before vike?

DFSniper
07-14-2008, 05:37 PM
That sucks, what happened?

still need to get my rear bumper fixed. but more importantly, i need to get my shift solenoid and the wiring to it checked out still. car runs fine in drive, but i'm afraid to throw it in neutral again. and all my college money is leftover loans this year :(

battlechaser
07-14-2008, 06:00 PM
Good luck with that! Money and teaching don't belong in the same sentence together. Speaking from experience here, sadly. I took a HUGE pay cut to be a teacher (about 10,000.00 - 15,000.00/year. If I had stayed at that job, I estimated I would probably be making over 100K by now, instead of the sub 50 grand I make now. EEK!)

My wife actually made MORE money than me last year by about 1000 bucks - with one year of vo-tech vs my two degrees from two different accredited universities.

Unless they pay teachers more where you are, which is entirely possible. (Oklahoma is like 48th or so out of all the states in low teacher pay. Aren't you from Canada? They may pay differently there.)

Don't get me wrong though. I love my job and that's more important than making a large amount of money in a job you hate - I did that also, and I haven't missed the money since. We pay our bills and have money left to save and spend, so it's all good!

Up here teachers are like gods, they seem to have the best benefits, and make a good wage (80k isn't unheard of for a mature teacher), plus their pension is apparently amazing too. There's been a few times I've considered going back to school to pick up a teaching degree, but I'll probably wait until I have a ticket (welding, mechanical, electrical, etc) first, then simply get a teaching certificate. The only thing that would hold me back is, it's near impossible to find a job, Jess has been searching for almost two years now in the Toronto area, and the GTA (Greater Toronto Area) is one of the most densely populated places in Canada!

But, as they say, money isn't everything. I'd much rather die with nothing than have lived my life spending most of my time doing something I loathe. Though a little more cash to go out and shoot my friends would be nice. :D

I had a whole rant about how money doesn't equal happiness after this, but I think I've met my rant quota for tonight.. ;)

I wonder if Bob Long needs an electrical engineer...? :p

vikingshadow
07-14-2008, 06:41 PM
Edit - Whups - sorry to take this off topic so far! I'll answer the question and respond, but then let's take this to the pm's or start another thread. K? ;)
what did you do before vike?

Lots of things! :p

No, seriously, after my first degree I started at a large newspaper in the art department, then moved into editing. Had to do all the movies, the weddings, the schools, the happenings around the area, etc. I wasn't very happy there, so after a couple of years, I got a job in advertising. However, just a year and a half of that, getting an ulcer and nearly a divorce, I decided to go back to school for a teaching career. (I think it was a combination of the newspaper, getting married, and moving along with the advertising job that caused all this...)

When I graduated with my second degree, I was a substitute for 5 different districts, but that didn't pay enough even though I was the only sub that was busy every day. So I got a job with Sherwin Williams and quickly moved up to where I was in line for an assistant manager's job. They shafted me on that, though, so I moved on to the biggest job I had to that point.

I worked for a very large insurance company. Started out as a claims processor, then moved up to unit supervisor, then promoted again to claims analyst. When I left (after 6 years) I was a senior claims analyst and was looking to move into a section manager's position, or moving to the home office. I loved it when I first started, and each time I moved up it was exciting and made me think a lot. But by the end, I absolutely loathed the place and was looking for any reason to leave. I got the teaching job and never looked back. That was 7 years ago.

I thought we'd really struggle when I started teaching, and it was a bit of one (we only get paid once a month and it was a HUGE drop in pay as I said.) But, we planned carefully, set up a decent budget and I manage to save at least 10% every paycheck and still have enough from our two paychecks after paying bills and buying groceries to allow for vacations, movies, etc - in moderation, of course.
Up here teachers are like gods, they seem to have the best benefits, and make a good wage (80k isn't unheard of for a mature teacher), plus their pension is apparently amazing too. There's been a few times I've considered going back to school to pick up a teaching degree, but I'll probably wait until I have a ticket (welding, mechanical, electrical, etc) first, then simply get a teaching certificate. The only thing that would hold me back is, it's near impossible to find a job, Jess has been searching for almost two years now in the Toronto area, and the GTA (Greater Toronto Area) is one of the most densely populated places in Canada!
WOW! Sign me up to teach in Canada! Is the cost of living that much different than the states?

But, as they say, money isn't everything. I'd much rather die with nothing than have lived my life spending most of my time doing something I loathe. Though a little more cash to go out and shoot my friends would be nice. :D

I had a whole rant about how money doesn't equal happiness after this, but I think I've met my rant quota for tonight.. ;)
I don't consider that a rant - as I said, I've been there, done that. I absolutely hated the insurance job when I left. My parents, my wife, my kids, my friends - everyone - has told me I'm totally different than I was back then.

I notice that while I've been teaching for 7 years, and have been burnt out DURING the year a few times, I've always gone back the next year totally ready to teach again. Most of the people who quit teaching (and incredibly high amount - something like 50 - 80%) quit within their first 5 years. Most of the people I work with that have been teaching more then 3 years have talked about leaving multiple times, and several of the ones that have taught longer than me are threatening it every year. But I still like my job and can't see me doing anything else.

So, long story short, money definitely is not important for happiness.

Legal part of the post - So, are you wanting to fix this gun completely, or what?

battlechaser
07-14-2008, 07:39 PM
WOW! Sign me up to teach in Canada! Is the cost of living that much different than the states?

I don't consider that a rant - as I said, I've been there, done that. I absolutely hated the insurance job when I left. My parents, my wife, my kids, my friends - everyone - has told me I'm totally different than I was back then.

Legal part of the post - So, are you wanting to fix this gun completely, or what?

For one, being that I'm in Southern Ontario, the cost of living is much higher than I'm used to, the house I lived in with my mother was valued at about 160-200 depending on who you spoke with, Just a one story with basement, but fairly large (no idea on the sq footage), with two garages, one two bay mechanics garage with a machine shop, and the other garage was set up as a wood working shop, all of this was one about 20 acres of property about 45 minutes from the city. Now, in Toronto, you're looking at about 300-400 thousand for what basically amounts to a large row house with an attached garage and a 40 square foot patch of green. As for groceries and what not, it's not too bad, about average. Insurance, only seems to be high because I'm unmarried and not quite 25. But there are smaller towns near where I live now where at least housing is a bit cheaper. If you do think about the Great White North, avoid Alberta like the plague, the oil rush out there skyrocketed prices on EVERYTHING.

#2, the post that made it excluded my ranting, it's probably better that way, and I know what you mean. I've had my share of what amounts to a go nowhere, mediocre, run of the mill job, but I think even in my current career I may need something just to kick start me. I like to change jobs occasionally, it keeps me sane. ;)

And yes, I do want to make the gun usable, but I'm swiping the 2k5 frame for another gun.. hehehe. I spoke with some of the guys on IOG, and they all seem to think it's an easy fix (broken oring, or bent poppet). So we'll see. And don't worry about OT in the thread, that's what I love about SOC. :D

Oscum Guy
07-22-2008, 07:14 PM
lawl is the bolt pin in backwards? happened to me a couple times

battlechaser
07-22-2008, 07:45 PM
lawl is the bolt pin in backwards? happened to me a couple times

Nah, looks like it's just a couple Orings. My rebuild kit just came in today, so hopefully I'll tear it down again tomorrow and replace them. Then air it up and see! :D

Of course though, its the orings at the front of the ram sleeve, so I have to take the entire gun apart to get at them, so I'll probably just replace them all.. :rolleyes:

Oscum Guy
07-24-2008, 05:21 PM
Of course though, its the orings at the front of the ram sleeve, so I have to take the entire gun apart to get at them, so I'll probably just replace them all.. :rolleyes:

thats always a PITA