PDA

View Full Version : The Happening

irishwarrior
07-12-2008, 06:30 PM
Anyone gonna see it? It looks alright, I mean it was directed by the same guy as "The Sixth Sense", and it looks like it has potential.

deano 177
07-12-2008, 07:27 PM
I have seen the previews and I am interested in it. m night shyamalan's first "R" movie. I rented "jumper" tonight. That was pretty good. Kept me interested. They left it open for another movie.

XSiv Force
07-12-2008, 07:28 PM
im meh about it

panicbutton
07-12-2008, 07:37 PM
To bloody, it woulda been good if the 3rd stage wasnt commiting suciude in differant ways. For example running infront of mower, cutting wrists, hanging. that ruined the movie for me.

DFSniper
07-12-2008, 07:44 PM
I have seen the previews and I am interested in it. m night shyamalan's first "R" movie. I rented "jumper" tonight. That was pretty good. Kept me interested. They left it open for another movie.

jumper as a movie blew fat chunks compared to the book. after we finished watching the movie, my friends and i had a half hour discussion on how there was no real motive or anything in the story. he just did it because he could.

on another note, i cant wait to see hellboy 2 on tuesday!

irishwarrior
07-12-2008, 07:52 PM
^ Hell yah! pardon the pun.

vikingshadow
07-12-2008, 08:05 PM
I thought Jumper would have made an excellent television series. The whole time I was watching the movie, I kept thinking it was a decent pilot movie for the series...

Not sure how I feel about seeing The Happening, though. Seems decent, but I've been somewhat disppointed in the M. Night's past few movies. The fact that they've been advertising it as his first R rated movie sort of turns me off to seeing it though. I mean, who advertises their first R rated movie, and for what reason?

slim and shady
07-12-2008, 08:07 PM
:yeahthat:

deano 177
07-12-2008, 08:19 PM
To bloody, it woulda been good if the 3rd stage wasnt commiting suciude in differant ways. For example running infront of mower, cutting wrists, hanging. that ruined the movie for me.
I agree. I don't get a rise out of that kind of stuff. I like to be entertained not depressed...
[quote=vikingshadow;209587]I thought Jumper would have made an excellent television series. The whole time I was watching the movie, I kept thinking it was a decent pilot movie for the series...
[quote]
That seems like it would have made more sense.

Df.. I didn't read the book so I just took it for what it was.

DFSniper
07-12-2008, 08:24 PM
to vike and deano: READ THE BOOK! its only $7 in paperback, and much better. he fights terrorism, saves his girlfriend, finds his mom, saves his mom, scares the hell out of his dad, and his mom's not out to get him. oh, and the guy that samuel l. jackson plays isnt as ****ed up as in the movie.

deano 177
07-12-2008, 08:26 PM
to vike and deano: READ THE BOOK! its only $7 in paperback, and much better. he fights terrorism, saves his girlfriend, finds his mom, saves his mom, scares the hell out of his dad, and his mom's not out to get him. oh, and the guy that samuel l. jackson plays isnt as ****ed up as in the movie.
I just looked at it in Wiki... It seems like a pretty good book. Hellboy looks good... Batman is a must see...

vikingshadow
07-12-2008, 08:43 PM
Don't get me wrong - I really enjoyed Jumper! I just thought the way they made it felt better for television...

I'll have to check that book out - sounds pretty good!

Hazmat13
07-12-2008, 09:51 PM
I just looked at it in Wiki... It seems like a pretty good book. Hellboy looks good... Batman is a must see...

Hellboy kicked ass, and i wanna see batman

TheDarkShadow
07-13-2008, 06:20 AM
yeah the dark knight looks excelent.

My cousin said the happening sucked. He saw The Strangers and said that it was a freaky ass movie

did anybody see You Don't Mess With the Zohan? if you didn't, then don't go and see it. Has to be one of the worst movies I've ever seen in theaters, And I didn't care to see that part of the mom from My big Fat Greek Wedding, ugh, unfortunately it is an image burnned in my mind

irishwarrior
07-13-2008, 07:28 AM
^ ROFL, I saw it and it wasm't that bad (except the permanently burned image). Of course I have a penchant for stupid humor. For instance I thought that Meet the SPartans was pretty funny.