View Full Version : Stabilizers

07-12-2008, 04:18 PM
What is everyone around here using for stabilizers on their MR1's? I want to get one to boost my already amazing performing gun.

07-12-2008, 04:23 PM
Can you explain what you mean by stabilizer? Do you mean stuff like a bipod, forefrip, etc...? If so I use a bipod and integrated stock (check my latest post in the show your MR1 thread).

07-12-2008, 04:40 PM
No, that's not what I mean. A stabilizer is a different name for a regulator. Regulators regulate C02 pressure to a lower pressure (from about 800-850psi down to 500-400psi). By doing this the theory is that if the pressure on every ball is the same, then they should all hit the same spot. Regulators eliminate the need to chrono and make guns more consistent and more accurate. So who is using them and which ones?

07-12-2008, 04:42 PM
Oooooooh, that kind of stabilizer. Sorry! Just remember that you'll need a metric adapter for mounting some if not all regs on a spyder.

07-12-2008, 04:47 PM
you should be able to run a Palmer's inline Stabilizer straight from the gun. IIRC, either the body or the adapter that screws into the body fitting is 1/8th NPT threaded...

if you don't want to go that route, you can get a 1/8th NPT to CA (compressed air) adapter. personally, i would only go this route if you're using HPA, and i'd go all-out and get an AKA 2liter reg

slim and shady
07-12-2008, 05:19 PM
palmers is popular alot of people like them

07-12-2008, 05:23 PM
Thanks for the info. If you post pics that would be great. And just wait till summers over, my gun is getting heavy modded.

slim and shady
07-12-2008, 05:38 PM
look forward to seeing it

07-12-2008, 06:53 PM
Thanks for the info. If you post pics that would be great. And just wait till summers over, my gun is getting heavy modded.

check the Show us your MR1 thread.

07-12-2008, 08:10 PM
I see a couple here (http://www.spyder.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=15258) that have female stabes under the trigger frame and a couple more that have male stabes screwed directly into the bottom line ASA for a remote hookup. The Palmer's is your best bet IMO. It will serve you well and if you ever decide to sell it, it's value doesn't depreciate like some others available -

07-13-2008, 02:12 PM
Kewl. My gun will look hot. Will post pics once it is done.

07-14-2008, 03:40 PM
Do most HPA tanks comes with built in regulators or is it only a guage?

07-14-2008, 03:43 PM
Just about all tanks come with a built in regulator that takes the pressure from either 4500 or 3000 psi down to about 800-850 psi.

07-14-2008, 03:51 PM
K yeah thats what i figured. Thanks

07-15-2008, 08:20 AM
I believe i have a rock regulator from palmers' I am not sure how this thing works. I got it as a package deal from ebay... would this be any good for a MR2/1? and what else would i need to change if I put this on? I just do not want to ruin my marker. you know, if it ain't broke...

*EDIT* I do not use CO2, I use HPA...

07-15-2008, 08:47 AM
im pretty sure the rock is a LPR just like the micro rock...