PDA

View Full Version : Surviving History

vikingshadow
07-12-2008, 11:53 AM
Anyone ever watch it? It's a group of guys at ths place called the Scare Factory who investigate different forms of torture and execution throughout our history. They actually build the device in full size and a dummy that they put blood packs and things that crunch like bones, then they actually test it. Finally, they have this "Wheel of ________" with everyone's names on it, spin it and the loser has to get it done to them (they actually try to be very safe with this one, but 9 times out of 10, they give up WAY before it gets close to being dangerous...)

I've seen them make a Pendulum (very disturbing), the Breaking Wheel (EXTREMELY disturbing), Rope Torture, a ball and chain, Garroting, Isolation chamber, walking through fire, hanging at a gallows and a few others. It's pretty interesting, if not a bit upsetting.

I was just watching it today and they were replicating an execution by firing squad. To replicate this, they used 6 Tippmans (I'm thinking they were Custom 98s) and had the guy wear a mask (looked like a Grill.)

It's on the History Channel so if you're interested, check it out!

DFSniper
07-12-2008, 01:00 PM
got home today and they were doing the episode on the spanish inquisition.

LostCause
07-12-2008, 03:46 PM
i've wacthed it, deffiantly intresting....in a weird way lol

deano 177
07-12-2008, 06:43 PM
I have heard of some roman tortures... One was they would steak you down and put a pot with no bottom on your belly. Then they would put rats in it and then build a fire on top. The rats... burrow their way out. That really would suck.

Another way to off ya' was to put the person on top of a "ʌ" type thing with ropes around your ankles. The ropes would then start tightening and pulling you down. That would really suck, too.

irishwarrior
07-12-2008, 06:51 PM
They also invented crucifixtion which killed by compressing the chest/abdomen with the person's own body weight to the point of suffocation/organ failure. The romans had some sick minds, 'course they invented gladiator games.

DFSniper
07-12-2008, 07:00 PM
my favorite (?) has always been the breaking wheel. they break and weave your limbs through the spokes of a wagon wheel, then bury the axle in the ground and let the birds peck you to death.

the episode i saw today was on the judas cradle, THAT would be painful too!

deano 177
07-12-2008, 07:32 PM
They also invented crucifixtion which killed by compressing the chest/abdomen with the person's own body weight to the point of suffocation/organ failure. The romans had some sick minds, 'course they invented gladiator games.

Yea, that's probably the one that they are most known for. I guess the most well known torture story is the one of JC.

deano 177
07-12-2008, 07:46 PM
OMG... Crocodile shears (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crocodile_shears)

irishwarrior
07-12-2008, 07:52 PM
Hold me.......

Hazmat13
07-12-2008, 08:50 PM
kinda weird show, but cool, so it evens out

mr1 sniper
07-12-2008, 09:29 PM
and one i thought was disturbing was the bull one, you get into a metal bull and they cook you pretty much

TheDarkShadow
07-13-2008, 05:05 AM
I have heard of some roman tortures... One was they would steak you down and put a pot with no bottom on your belly. Then they would put rats in it and then build a fire on top. The rats... burrow their way out. That really would suck.

I think they did that in "2 Fast 2 Furious" to get answers out of someone

OMG... Crocodile shears (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crocodile_shears)

AHHH...

DFSniper
07-13-2008, 10:48 AM
I think they did that in "2 Fast 2 Furious" to get answers out of someone

yep