PDA

View Full Version : is pilot any good for scenario/woods

1994dude4444
07-11-2008, 06:03 PM
i was thinking of buying a new marker and i especially like the pilot with eyes but i don't know if it'll be good for woodsball or indoors scenario and i don't play speedball at all. atm i have an mr1 and it is going to cost me alot to upgrade ex. rocking trigger. And i was wondering if its a better idea to buy the pilot or just stick with my mr1.

Critical
07-11-2008, 06:40 PM
Woodsball/scenario is more of a state of mind than a particular marker. You have several choices, one, you could spend serious $ and buy a new Pilot, two, you could upgrade the MR1. both markers operate the exact same way. You honestly would be throwing money away duplicating many of the same pieces in a different body. Instead of the rocking trigger, why not look at a regular e-trigger? They can be had new for $60 or less, or used for a great deal less than that.

XSiv Force
07-11-2008, 06:46 PM
:yeahthat:
what he said is exactly it, why spend money on a gun that is meant for tourney play when your trying to go for scenario/mil-sim......upgrade the mr-1 for your needs

irishwarrior
07-11-2008, 07:14 PM
Also don't be afraid of a bit of home-modding. Generally, that's the only way you'll get a more than just average looking marker. It's incredibly hard to break this marker, so don't hold back. If you need any help just ask me or any of the other guys who frequent the forum (slim, XSiv, and Ace have a lot of experience).

XSiv Force
07-11-2008, 07:17 PM
what a few days for me to reveal mine and it should give you ideas

1994dude4444
07-11-2008, 08:30 PM
thx and also im thinking about getting a remote line are they any better for woods?

Ratchet
07-11-2008, 08:30 PM
i bought a 2005 pilot and i love it. its been through alot. i sue it for scenario, woodsball, speedball, the whole 9 yards. i got a "camo" kit ofr that i amde when i play in the woods. its just a burlap material that covers all the shine on it.
as far as durability, its pretty decent. once in a tournament i was running as fast as i could up a trail(i'm in pretty decent shape) and i tripped over a branch and the gun took the impact. infact the impact was so hard it snapped the hoppers feed neck. also, my 14 inch barrel on it had 14 inches of dirt jammed into it. i walked back to my truck, grabbed my other hopper, used a squegee and a swab and started playing again.
on another occasion i ahve dropped it into mud/sand mix and after i took it all apart(just the bolt and striker, nothing electric) and lubed it up, it ran just fine for the rest of the day. the internals got a little wet but i ahvent noticed a change in performance so i havent bothered getting a new card for it.
granted mine is a 60 dollar refurb, its been a damn good gun. however it is a bit loud for woodsball, so dont try to be all stealthy, just be the gunner of the team and rambo it up!

Ratchet
07-11-2008, 08:32 PM
thx and also im thinking about getting a remote line are they any better for woods?

honestly, if your getting a remote line, you'll wanna find a stock for the pilot. i have used a remote line with no stock and i ahve found it awkard to shoot with nothing on your shoulder. makes it much much lighter of course which is better for snap shooting.

XSiv Force
07-11-2008, 08:32 PM
remotes help greatly

Hazmat13
07-11-2008, 08:53 PM
any gun can be used for woodsball, personally, i like using my 07 ego, or my fusion in the woods, because they're lighter than my a-5 that's decked out to the fullest.