PDA

View Full Version : I'm very happy right now!

vikingshadow
07-11-2008, 01:03 PM
Extremely bored right now as there are roofers beating on my house and the satellite is out...so I thought I'd post an oldy but goody!

As some of you know, I used to shoot a shocker. When I dropped out of the sport for awhile, I set it aside (after having a solenoid problem) and after a year of not playing, came back and bought my PMR. The shocker, for the past two years, pretty much sat in a box just being wasted.

Unfortunately, resale on Shockers isn't even close to what I have in this gun (cost me 800 bucks new, then dumped another 500.00-600.00 in upgrades in it.) It was a great shooter in it's time, and I hated the idea of parting with it, especially with the sub 300.00 bids I was getting for it. So, back in the box it stayed.

The last time I pulled it out and aired it up, it had a leak and for some reason would start to bog down when fired fast. I fixed all the leaks and messed with the dwell and ABS settings on the Virtue board but couldn't stop it from bogging down any. Since my PMR works great, I just put the Shocker back up and didn't think about it anymore, outside of debating whether to sell it or not.

Well, I got her out again this weekend to give it a solid tech-over. It didn't leak, all orings new, lubed with Dow 33 AND Shocktech gun butta, blew a Max flo oring, so I replaced it and it's tight as can be with no leaks. But, still the bog down. So I started thinking about the Virtue Board.

Several of you know that when Virtue came out, they had some crappy battery connectors attached to them. Mine was no exception, so I had cut it off and spliced the battery connector from the stock board. I got to thinking, what if the board was being choked on power because of that splice? I couldn't use my stock board to test it since I had chopped the leads off, but my friend/teammate here had a stock cricket board he let me have for 5 bucks. I put it on and it work great, so I knew what I had to do. Fortunately, I found some battery connectors I got from Radio Shack for a mask mod and got to work.

I desoldered the battery cable connections and attached the new cable. And guess what? It worked! The thing shoots like it did when it was railing during my tournament days! I'm so happy...

Here she is, resurrected from the near-dead! Vision Shocker SFT, nearly perfect anno (how many can say that after 3 years of nearly every weekend service?) NDZ detents, NDZ Stinger v. II bolt, Ton Ton frame with Virtue board, NDZ Slik trigger, Dye Stickies, NDZ EZ Bleed on/off asa, SP rail, SP VA, Qlock, Freak back and AA front.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v402/vikingshadow/Gun%20pics/shocker001.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v402/vikingshadow/Gun%20pics/shocker003.jpg

But, then I remember I don't even have a field to play at and get sad again.... :p I might even be convinced to sell it, if the price were right!

th3_0n3
07-11-2008, 01:18 PM
nice Shocker.

vikingshadow
07-11-2008, 01:27 PM
Thanks!

Here's a vide of it. Yes, it's on PSP ramping - tourneys around here allow that mode. Also, I decided to uncap it just to see how it shoots.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v402/vikingshadow/th_Jul112008-VID00001.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v402/vikingshadow/?action=view&current=Jul112008-VID00001.flv)

Paradox313
07-11-2008, 01:27 PM
That shocker pretty much inspired me to start playing with a real marker.

vikingshadow
07-11-2008, 01:30 PM
Wow - I didn't realize that. What a compliment! Thanks!

battlechaser
07-11-2008, 01:37 PM
Might've just been a cold solder, or maybe a good amount of broken strands in the wire itself. But it's definitely good to see your baby back in action, and she looks like she's still in amazing shape.

You also seem to have an affinity for blue I see.. ;)

LostCause
07-11-2008, 01:48 PM
i <3 that gun, nice looking man! glad you got it back to shooting!!!!

problem solved..next problem! FIND a field to truly show the powers of it :D haha

bamf-hacker
07-11-2008, 01:49 PM
Still love that marker Vike. Maybe we can work something out ;)

spray and pray
07-11-2008, 02:25 PM
That's a great looking gun, if you put it up for sale about a month ago I would have taken it.

(I reccomend you turn up the dwell a little bit, sounded like there was a small recharge problem when you fired fast.)

Paradox313
07-11-2008, 03:02 PM
Wow - I didn't realize that. What a compliment! Thanks!

What do you think my first real gun was?
A TonTon'd shocker

http://img178.imageshack.us/img178/5690/shocker7uf0.jpg

http://img119.imageshack.us/img119/6869/im000828zq0.jpg

http://img409.imageshack.us/img409/6985/im000863fr7.jpg

DRAGON
07-11-2008, 05:25 PM
That's one hella nice Shocker there Vik. Hah, you'd be sick if you traded it off at a loss and found out it was only the harness lol -

I'm doing a 3rd party right now for a friend of mine in Sweden. I'm getting him an edge kit and large tube of Dow33 as well. He's trading his '07 EGO for this well kept Virtued NXT Shocker(and some cash).......

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e356/dbn71mgd/shocker3.jpg

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e356/dbn71mgd/shocker2.jpg

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e356/dbn71mgd/shocker1.jpg

I've shot and tested both and I can't understand the charisma with the EGO. This Shocker's performance left the EGO in the dust IMO. The largest difference was the recoil. The EGO didn't seem to even have much less recoil than my RSX lol. I never really took the time before to shoot either of these so it's my first experience **hey, I'm a DRAGON. I live in a dark cave** but if I had a choice to shoot either, I'd take the Shocker overall -

SpyderMan723
07-11-2008, 06:33 PM
I kinda want to get a shocker now... nice shocks vike+drago!

vikingshadow
07-11-2008, 07:01 PM
See, that's exactly what I think! I'm glad I didn't get rid of it, and it makes me sad that I can't really play with it now.

I really don't get the Ego thing vs the hate on Shockers/Shockers are low end guns thing - sure Egos are really nice guns, but there isn't anything about an Ego that I'd take over a well taken care of and upgraded Shocker, except it doesn't need aftermarket parts - the Shocker isn't that heavy, it's small profile (just a little fatter, I guess) has a LOT less kick to it - not saying the kick is that bad in an Ego, but in a Shocker, it's non-existent, it doesn't leak when cleaned properly (or minimally, at least), everything that most ballers want can be found in a Shocker.

Now, I know the anti SP guys are going to come in here and say I'm a fan boy and that SP sucks, but I'm not and I don't think it does - note, it's the only SP thing I own, and I don't want another SP gun - This shocker is top notch, no one has ever complained about it (except when I shot them, haha!) - there just isn't anything wrong with it. That's my experience with the Shocker, and no one can tell me I'm wrong and be able to prove it to me.

I will say the one and only thing I have a problem with SP is them not adding aftermarket parts to their stock guns and charging full price for them. I bought this gun back in January of 2005 and really no gun at that time had aftermarket parts stock at that time, so it was par for the course. It's the one thing that SP has fallen behind on, I feel. Guns these days that come at that price SHOULD be fully loaded when bought, but we're talking nearly 4 years ago....

One thing I will say, and I said this in my PMR review, the PMR comes stock shooting every bit as good as my shocker (in it's current condition) does - minus the barrel rise at high rates of fire. That's saying something for the PMR! Of course, over time I've added the UL frame, a back cap and a new barrel, so it's definitly a better gun. BUT, I love the way they both shoot. I don't really feel the need to get another gun - though I'd love to have a PM7 or PM8...

Thanks guys! There's a couple of opportunities coming up in the near future for me to use this gun again, so there's still hope!

Oh, btw, they finished roofing my house and it looks pretty awesome as well. Only problem is the moved my satellite dish and I can't seem to get it to pick up any satellite now - so no tv until tomorrow when I can get up there with some tools to move it around a bit...;)

DRAGON
07-11-2008, 09:28 PM
Only prob I see with the Shocker is it's kinda long. I suppose I'm kinda comparing it to the PMR -

Satellite? Boonies FTL - :dodgy:

bigred76
07-11-2008, 10:01 PM
19-20bps, Bryce, not bad! :) I can't wait to get my Shocker back from Matt with the Tadao M6... *hint to TRB!!!*

Ace24
07-11-2008, 10:48 PM
Only prob I see with the Shocker is it's kinda long. I suppose I'm kinda comparing it to the PMR -

Satellite? Boonies FTL - :dodgy:

Shockers are also inefficient as hell. That is a beaut though Vike. Amazed to see there is no anno wear. SP is notorious for their poor anno, among poor stock parts.

Only shocker I'd ever buy would be a PL. Can't stand how SP Shockers come.

vikingshadow
07-12-2008, 06:38 AM
Shockers are also inefficient as hell. That is a beaut though Vike. Amazed to see there is no anno wear. SP is notorious for their poor anno, among poor stock parts.

Thanks, she's held up well. I do agree with the anno except for the poor part - the anno is good, it's just the aluminum they used for these guns, while being high quality aluminum, didn't hold their anno well - for the most part the color does end up bad, but for some reason, mine stayed nearly flawless - just a bit of fading on the regulator and some on the top of the gun near the back. It really does look awesome!

Gotta disagree with you on the inefficiency part. I had a huge post disproving what you wrote but figured it wouldn't matter anyways, so I deleted it. Just suffice it to say that in one game during a tournament, PSP ramping at 15 bps, I shot all the paint I could carry onto the field (5 dye Locklid pods) and a full loader, and didn't run out of air - that's more than 1200 shots off a 68/4500 from a gun that was made more than 4 years ago. That's not inefficient!

Needless to say, any PL SFT that you can buy now will have all the same parts that any regular SFT you can buy now, so that's a moot point.

TheDarkShadow
07-12-2008, 07:45 AM
I've always loved your shocker, I'm glad to hear that it's up and running well again

DFSniper
07-12-2008, 01:11 PM

at one point in time, wasnt your dream gun a black and red tonton'd shocker???

VS3 Sniper
07-12-2008, 04:45 PM
I'm pretty sure his dream gun changes daily.

Ace24
07-12-2008, 08:58 PM
I'm pretty sure his dream gun changes daily.

Weekly... but yeah. Haha.

YOURs gets 1200. The ones at the field that I work at (soon to be a manager!!! *flips out*) get 900 max. It's pretty sad.

I think most of my opinions on guns are based on how I see them around the field and how they come to me when I use/tech them. It puts a lot of bad opinions into my head.

I'm also easily influenced by people when they talk about what gun is better then another. I have to then go and try the gun.

Yes, at one point I had a dream design for a shocker. Red and dust black Tonton'd Shocktech... but I'm happier with my ION then I could ever be with that gun, so whats the point in spending all the cash.

Do PL SFT's really come with the same stuff? Wait... Sorry, only Shocker I'd own lately is a PL NXT. RL to be exact.

If PL's don't come with upgrades... then all the ones that I see (Keep in mind the people that got them claim they're the first owner and this is how they come... and take into consideration how easily influenced I am with guns) must be upgraded.

Oh well... I always treat others like they know more about paintball guns then I do (in most cases... there are times when I know what I'm talking about) and give them the benefit of the doubt... which leads to how I'm easily influenced in that aspect.

Either way, I'd like to play a few games with a well kept Shocker. Too hard to find around our field, yet everyone has one. Although, there is one ST SFT that is the best SFT at the field by far. Shot right where I wanted it to and didn't bog down at all.

SpyderMan723
07-12-2008, 09:16 PM
sp nerve ftw?
:D

Ace24
07-12-2008, 09:18 PM
sp nerve ftw?
:D

*shakes head*

I've never seen a Nerve that I liked the feel of. Just isn't for me.:(

SpyderMan723
07-12-2008, 09:22 PM
*shakes head*

I've never seen a Nerve that I liked the feel of. Just isn't for me.:(

mine is absolutely like.... like.... like putting your hand into a broken in baseball glove.. its comfy. much more comfy after i got the 15* vert asa