PDA

View Full Version : What's wrong with this picture?

deano 177
07-10-2008, 03:27 PM
This is an add from PB2X's August issue on page 33....

http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj145/dean0177/Paintball/Paintballwrongs.jpg

XSiv Force
07-10-2008, 03:43 PM
slight fact that there is a life guard stand and it says no life guard on duty

DFSniper
07-10-2008, 03:43 PM
paint being shot all over public property??

deano 177
07-10-2008, 03:47 PM
paint being shot all over public property??

Right. The tower says "KEEP OFF" and that it is shot up. What kind of advertising is this? This doesn't portray paintball in a positive light.

maximus100389
07-10-2008, 04:16 PM
who cares, only paintballers are going to read PB2X anyways

The Pumper
07-10-2008, 04:24 PM
not necessarily. I used to read ridebmx and dirt wheels but i didnt do much of either. I bmx'd for a while but never owned an atv.

DFSniper
07-10-2008, 04:30 PM
who cares, only paintballers are going to read PB2X anyways

its not so much the players as it is the players parents.

LostCause
07-10-2008, 05:13 PM
bad publicity YAY!! not like most ppl hate us anyway....

vikingshadow
07-10-2008, 05:26 PM
More marketing to a particular age level and group...

I've pretty much given up on the good vs bad publicity thing. Either people are going to like it, hate it or be "meh" about it. Whatever it is, there isn't much that can be done considering the general attitude of a majority of the internet paintballing community in the first place.

All the work that the early players did to move the sport away from the evil "playing war" or the "militant" or the general pointing a gun at someone else and "killing them" aspect of the game has been thrown away in favor of the new "gangster wannabe" aspect - names and sayings like "Contract Killer", "Mowing *****es/muppets", "killing fools", Evil, Sadistic, Sinr, multiple teams and groups calling themselves ________ Mafia, Syndicate, etc. the list can go on and on added to the videos about little kids getting shot point blank and being flamed continously, fights breaking out during a supposed game - it's not like one advertisment is going to change anything. Unfortunately, the advertising/marketing machine in paintball has not only joined them., but has taken the lead in promoting this type of attitude for many years.

STRIKEFIRST
07-10-2008, 06:17 PM
More marketing to a particular age level and group...

I've pretty much given up on the good vs bad publicity thing. Either people are going to like it, hate it or be "meh" about it. Whatever it is, there isn't much that can be done considering the general attitude of a majority of the internet paintballing community in the first place.

All the work that the early players did to move the sport away from the evil "playing war" or the "militant" or the general pointing a gun at someone else and "killing them" aspect of the game has been thrown away in favor of the new "gangster wannabe" aspect - names and sayings like "Contract Killer", "Mowing *****es/muppets", "killing fools", Evil, Sadistic, Sinr, multiple teams and groups calling themselves ________ Mafia, Syndicate, etc. the list can go on and on added to the videos about little kids getting shot point blank and being flamed continously, fights breaking out during a supposed game - it's not like one advertisment is going to change anything. Unfortunately, the advertising/marketing machine in paintball has not only joined them., but has taken the lead in promoting this type of attitude for many years.

It's time for some letters to the editor.

deano 177
07-10-2008, 06:26 PM
It's time for some letters to the editor.Wrote them...

Hey all.

I just got the August issue in the mail and when I got to page 32 I thought "Wow, Bea looks great!" Then I looked at page 33 and Carl is standing there on a life guard tower which clearly says "KEEP OFF" and is vandalized with paintball hits. What type of message does this send? I really like PB2X and this is the only paintball magazine that I subscribe to. 99% of the time you guys are all about doing the right things and promoting the appropriate attitudes that will further the sport. I just don't think that this style advertisement protrays paintball in a positive light. You're better than this PB2X!

Dean, thanks for taking the time to write. I appreciate it.. I have to say to some degree I agree with you. What wasn't seen was that we actually cleaned up the tower and area and left it better than we found it. That said, you're still probably right.

John

kramernator
07-10-2008, 07:47 PM
im sorry this is off topic but i didn't want to make a new thread for this,

why can't i see any pics, no matter were i am on the site, (even in the BST) none of the pics come up, and i don't know why.

XSiv Force
07-10-2008, 07:52 PM
no love.............................................. .......may be that your comp just doesnt like those files

Hoppy11
07-10-2008, 08:13 PM
im sorry this is off topic but i didn't want to make a new thread for this,

why can't i see any pics, no matter were i am on the site, (even in the BST) none of the pics come up, and i don't know why.

Your Image code is probably turned off. Check your settings in your User CP

colonel_moo
07-10-2008, 08:25 PM
Ever think that it was taken at a tournament held at a beach? Like Huntington Beach for example, where that part of the beach was probably closed down.

DFSniper
07-11-2008, 03:25 AM
yeah, but most non-players wouldnt know about that.

deano 177
07-11-2008, 10:04 AM
Ever think that it was taken at a tournament held at a beach? Like Huntington Beach for example, where that part of the beach was probably closed down.

Not the point, especially if you have to read that far into it. The point is that it is public property which is shot up with paint. They are also "tresspassing".

irishwarrior
07-11-2008, 10:29 AM
Honestly, I didn't even notice the paint until someone pointed it out.

XSiv Force
07-11-2008, 10:31 AM
same here

bigred76
07-11-2008, 11:13 PM
Honestly... I don't really give a damn. Paintball is paintball, and idiots will be idiots. Here's a quote from a not-so-well known intelligent person's signature... "Never argue with an idiot: he will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience!"